Please help: Thrips are taking over

mikwhe

I see alot of old posts back in 2009-2011 but nothing recent in 2014. Some of the products used back then are discontinued now. I noticed i had a few bugs on my outer plants but when I moved all my plants apart my inner plants where infested, around 20 per leave. I have never had a bug issue before with my hydroponics but now im using coco and bamn my first bug infestation and its out of control, they are on all my plants and spreading quickly. What im looking for is something non-toxic as I don't want my patients to be smoking toxins, but I need something very effective and very fast acting. Any and all help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Fly strips my friend.
Mmmm garlic spray and fly strips.
Those things shit so soap and water spray.
But how did they get there in the first place.
Good luck... Heard some bite tooo sooo......
Good luck.

I had them once I mixed my own spray and only needed it twice

simmer a litre of water
add few cloves chopped garlic
add 3 tables spoons of HOT chilli sauce
strain through a cloth or what ever you have
pour into a spray bottle when cooler
Add tea spoon on dish soap and 2 table spoons of rubbing alcohol

Shake , spray when cold after you water your plants , spray under leaves and down stems , also get some lady bugs to eat the buggers when they hatch :high-five:

Good luck

What they said! and this...

SNS-203 (sponsor alert!) coupled with Mycotrol O both applied heavily. I would apply the Mycotrol as a soil drench for two watering periods followed with the SNS for one watering period, then one more period of clean fresh water. Repeat untill pests are gone or the products run out. Both are organic control methods.

:Namaste:

Best solution for Thrips......Spinosad..... Its non toxic and can be used up to harvest. I purchased one called Captain Jacks Deadbug and got rid of my thrip problem completely and quickly.... I highly would recommend Spinosad.

Best solution for Thrips......Spinosad..... Its non toxic and can be used up to harvest. I purchased one called Captain Jacks Deadbug and got rid of my thrip problem completely and quickly.... I highly would recommend Spinosad.

TRUE! I forgot to mention that!

I have some spinosad that I only use on caterpillars.

Neem and naturally extracted pyrethrum are both effective and have low toxicity to humans.

True. I always use Neem so that goes regardless. It just helps plants in many ways. I have never tried Pyrethrum extract. If you could link us to your preferred brand of naturally extracted pyrethrum or tell us how to make it that would be cool.

I've never made my own, but apparently it can be done fairly easily.

I use one called "Pyrethrum 5 EW"

This is a special water based formulation that contains only the most environmentally sensitive
materials. It is a special blend of pyrethrum and natural food oils formulated to optimise the
spectacular insect killing power of natural pyrethrum. Pyrethrum 5EW is very crop safe and can be
used in a wide range of crops including vegetables, fruit, coffee, cocoa and broad acre crops such as
wheat and maize.

Product Insecticides

I'm sure there are other brands around, but if you want to stick to natural versions, make sure you're getting an organic and water-based version, not synthetic and petroleum-based.

Thanks Ice! Researching this and acting quickly is our only hope. I know gardeners who don't make the time to deal with it the second they notice or realize what happens and it blows my mind. Who knows lol
Thanks again

I've never made my own, but apparently it can be done fairly easily.

You use the flower heads of chrysanthemum pyrethrum flowers. 1Tbls chopped dried flower heads (10Tbls fresh) to a gallon of hot water. Let it sit for a couple hours, filter, and spray. Works like a charm and it's nice to know you are using flowers to help your flowers.

Back
Top Bottom