Pollination through to Harvest (SKUNKBUBBLE)

DownOver

Hi everyone,

Had been reading through journals, and thought, a "pollination through to harvest" may be an interesting topic.

Parentage:

WidowSkunk

WidowSkunk.JPG

Bubblegum

Bubblegum_22.JPG

Seeds from SeriousSeeds.

I am going to baptise this strain:

SKUNKBUBBLE

Starting at the 7th day after pollination with WidowSkunk pollen and a Bubblegum female. Pollination took place via 2 methods.

"Just prior to opening" whereby the pollen is taken just prior to open flower stage,

007137.JPG
Opened_sack_1.JPG

and,

"fully opened flower" the natural collection from an open male flower and spreading dust like pollen into the pistils.

001149.JPG
002190.JPG

Along the branch chosen for pollination, you can see that there is seed development all across the buding sites. The care you must take when embarking on pollination is paramount unless seed production is the desired outcome.

Polli_1.JPG

Polli_3.JPG

Polli_2.JPG

If you ever left a male inside at the open flower stage, I can only imagine the nightmare of unwanted seed strewn throughout the grow!!

I wanna see some of that bomb ass UCKfing sticky ass hairy ass stinky ass dirty smelling bitch.just joking hope you have a great grow I WILL BE WATCHING YOU....

I wanna see some of that bomb ass UCKfing sticky ass hairy ass stinky ass dirty smelling bitch.just joking hope you have a great grow I WILL BE WATCHING YOU....

ME TOO LOL subscription acquired:goodjob:

First 'SKUNKBUBBLE' just sounds appealing, great job on this grow m8,
ur bubblegum is feelin for that pollen, delicious looking!

Bubblegum

Bubblegum_22.JPG

Is there any benefit to 'manually' pollinating, or is it just to guarantee results.

"Just prior to opening" whereby the pollen is taken just prior to open flower stage,

If you ever left a male inside at the open flower stage, I can only imagine the nightmare of unwanted seed strewn throughout the grow!!

Well i always say, "Sacrificing a small yield is to investing in a huge crop."

Skunkbubble could be the next new thing
:nicethread:

So, I've always wondered... Do you get to name the product yourself? Does someone "official" keep track of these sorts of genetics, or is the process less formal?

Cheers

I you grow the new genes then you name it and whatever you want at thatbut for the most part. names are given by the breeder so go make a difference aand a new strain

Tead,

As far as naming goes, I think it is like what pokesmot said. I am breeding a few varieties at the moment, and the Skunkbubble will be something special. In a lot of ways breeding and naming your own strains is part of the fun. Particularly if you ever get to hear your strain name mentioned by someone somewhere without them knowing it is your strain!

Good to see the thought process!! I thought of something you could do, start a poll here and put up some names so that we can all give you votes on it and then you could go with that name!! Now Ive got random thoughts.....

Back
Top Bottom