Pot and Pain

CookieMan

Passionado
Today I hurt my knee riding a bike in cold weather. This bike is tough to pedal and it feels like i'm pulling 600 pounds, no joke. Apparently the patella, knee cap, has been hitting the femur and rubbing on it and that is what is hurting. Well I was prescribed some narcotic painkillers and told to take an otc anti-inflamitory 3 times daily as well as not ride the bike for a while. Well i have taken the anti-inflamitory and narcotic and smoked a bowl and the pain is still there, so none of these seem to be effective against this type of pain. The doc even said when I asked for a strong painkiller that it would only help the mind, so i think he might have known that it wouldn't ease the pain of this particular injury, which i believe is an injury to the cartaledge.

I personally have limited knowledge of either drugs as pain medication, but i do like to smoke to settle an upset stomach or clear a headache and think pot is the best cure for a hangover. What do you all think about pot and pain?

Wow, i'm an idiot at times, i completely forgot about using pot for lower back pain, damn prescription is making me dumb and i don't think i can work tomorow on the shit, definatly not a dose where my knee won't hurt. I have some arthritic discs in my lower back and pot helps the pain, i don't really know why, but it does. I definatly don't forget about the pot helping when my back hurts and i have none.

Some opiates will cause an upset stomach, but others, the exact opposite. There is very little you can do about bone/cart pain with over the counter scripts-you have to be admitted to get the real good stuff, and I doubt he will prescribe 1mg morphines (not that they work that great either.

I reccomend Aleve at 800 mg (3 1/2) every 4-6 hours if you weight between 165 and 225. It worked the best for my back. Even better then all the killers they gave me.

Smoke only sativa dominant strains, it wont help the pain much, but your mind will be on other things, Heavy indicas made my back throb, and that sucks.

I have two main conditions that qualify me for my card where I live. I have been diagnosed (at age 17, now 40) with Pancreatitus. This one of the most painful diseases known to medicine. When I am hospitalized I am given either Dilaudid or Morphine. When out of the hospital I am sent home with Percocet or Dilaudid pills. The reason I started using MMJ is that I work with my mind every day and am far to clouded by narcotic pain killers to even function, let alone drive to and from work. If I used MMJ with my meds I can cut them completely in half. If I vaporize it or use MMJ in food form (i.e. brownies) I can many times eliminate narcotics. I also have a secondary condition of chronic tendonitus from a bad motor vehicle accident in which I lost much of my left hand, a large chunk from my right arm, and a severe head injury (this accident happened 20 yrs. ago). Medical Marijuana has SAVED MY LIFE. Without it I would not be a functioning part of society and might even be dead by now. THANK YOU MARY JANE!!

Sometimes I think the pain from my crohn's doesn't go away, but when I'm stoned, I don't give a damn about the pain.

My last back surgery was over three years ago . I was on Soma's then . They only helped because the knocked me out . I would sleep through the pain . Weed helped me more because it left me with no pain , and wide awake . I still use it today for muscle splinting on my right side . I can't believe that pot hasn't been recognized more by the medical community . My hopes is that someday it will be legal to use for pain and pleasure . :smokin:

It seems like a joint lubricant to me for a couple of sources of chronic pain. I agree w/ Herb and Pete that the herb allows me to happily endure pain. One chronic problem I've had for years seems to be cured. Either I'm much more relaxed physically which allows my muscles to relax and I don't get that pinched-disc stabbing pain in my leg...or the nerves are rebuilding themselves around the injury. I don't know - I just know it's like night and day herbicated vs. trying to take pharmaceuticals. The pharmaceuticals mess up my stomach and whack my head out. On the other hand, this oily bubble hash just allowed me to enjoy the tastiest home made burrito I've ever had.

Are there any particular strains that relieve the pain itself, as opposed to improving your mindset about it? When I smoke, it just helps me take my mind off the pain, but it really doesn't get rid of it for me...not that I'm complaining about THAT....

:bongrip: Peace

Today I hurt my knee riding a bike in cold weather. This bike is tough to pedal and it feels like i'm pulling 600 pounds, no joke. Apparently the patella, knee cap, has been hitting the femur and rubbing on it and that is what is hurting. Well I was prescribed some narcotic painkillers and told to take an otc anti-inflamitory 3 times daily as well as not ride the bike for a while. Well i have taken the anti-inflamitory and narcotic and smoked a bowl and the pain is still there, so none of these seem to be effective against this type of pain. The doc even said when I asked for a strong painkiller that it would only help the mind, so i think he might have known that it wouldn't ease the pain of this particular injury, which i believe is an injury to the cartaledge.

I personally have limited knowledge of either drugs as pain medication, but i do like to smoke to settle an upset stomach or clear a headache and think pot is the best cure for a hangover. What do you all think about pot and pain?

Wow, i'm an idiot at times, i completely forgot about using pot for lower back pain, damn prescription is making me dumb and i don't think i can work tomorow on the shit, definatly not a dose where my knee won't hurt. I have some arthritic discs in my lower back and pot helps the pain, i don't really know why, but it does. I definatly don't forget about the pot helping when my back hurts and i have none.

I am sorry to hear about you condition, it sounds like its Acute Pain, since it happened
recently & you have 2 Issues, effective Pain medicine that won't space you out-Percocet
5 mg. works without much side effects & Potent Indica's, such as Romulan, Purple Kush
& Soma++, work synergistic with an effective Opiate. Tiger Balm linament works well
in reducing pain. Remember, RICE- Rest-Ice-Compression -Elevation- Good Luck!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom