Protect Your Pot Plants From Potential Thieves

420 Warrior

Marijuana-1-400x250.png

Several attempts to try and steal legal marijuana plants from backyards in Chatham-Kent recently have police offering some safety and security tips.

Public Information Officer Constable Renee Cowell is urging people to make sure their properties are well secured to avoid the theft of their pot plants.

She also said despite two recent reports of homeowners detaining the culprits until officers arrived, police are not recommending residents do that because it can be very dangerous.

Cowell is also discouraging homeowners from approaching anyone attempting to steal their marijuana plants — even though the public can make a citizen's arrest in certain circumstances.

“In the last month, we have seen an increase in the theft of marijuana plants as most of them are nearing maturity and are ready for harvest. Unfortunately growing marijuana makes you vulnerable this time of year.

So, please take the necessary precautions to secure your property,” said Cowell. “We would encourage homeowners to call 911 and provide police with a physical description of the suspect and their last known direction of travel.

Let police officers who are trained to apprehend suspected criminals make the arrest and investigate the incident.”

Over the past week, police arrested two men accused of stealing several legal marijuana plants out of backyards in Blenheim and Chatham on two separate occasions.

It’s now legal in Canada for anyone over the age of 19 to grow up to four marijuana plants at home for personal use.

By Paul Pedro
October 1, 2020

Good deal,

That's why I posted this one, so that people would be aware that this kind of thing really does happen and people need to be cautious and diligent with their security measures.

Too much work and TLC goes into your grows, just to have some A-Hole(s) take off with your babies...

Well, at any rate, you guys be careful out there and just know that sometimes shit can and will happen, so stay safe my fellow Canna-Friends.

I like Sweater76 idea of the pit bull, or getting a couple of rottweilers or something, that way you have both, an early warning system and some muscle on your side to help keep you, your families, and your Canna-babies safe. :high-five:

LOL...We need some Cannabis dogs and cats smiles, that would be awesome :idea:

:hmmmm: No pot is worth that much jail time or moral indignity.:peace:

Jail time is possible, I suppose, if the region's laws forbid defending one's property properly by only considering castle doctrine valid inside one's house instead of anywhere within the borders of his/her property (or even worse, not considering it valid at all for some unfathomable reason). But any moral issues would be solely a concern of the person who decided to commit suicide-by-attempted-thievery.

Being civilized is NOT the same thing as rolling over on your back and presenting your belly/throat. In fact, in some ways, it's the opposite of that. The majority of thieves who are prosecuted, even ones who get sent to prison, go on to commit crimes again in the future. However, as someone once said, not a single thief ever stole anything else - after being shot and planted. . . .

That's why I have dogs

The last person got 2 fingers bit off

Found BONG ( my Pitbulls name ) laying in his home with 2 fingers laying there

1 pant was broken but the other 2 didn't get touched

Ouch... lol My sympathies to Bong.

its f'in brutal this year where I live in Niagara. Lots of plants going missing. I am also on high alert as the city just decided to do construction on my road. Now I have lots of construction workers around the house to add to my concern of thieves.
A picture was posted on social media of someone riding their bike down a main street, at 645am will a full mature lady on his handlebars, hoodie up mask on. Just crazy.
I have setup an extra make shift fence infront of my crop for added difficulty to see into the backyard. Im equipped with a mounted camera, and I video and audio baby monitor that sits on my night stand at night, and I upgraded my porch light. I also bring my potted plants into my shed at night, but my 2 giels in the ground sit out to be feasted upon.
Best I can do.
If they want them bad enough, they will get them. No matter what.
All you can do is try and deter.
Goodluck everyone, keep your ladies safe!

I got 30 acres in the back woods and small crop I set up in the woods and made a clearing in the spring. Was sitting at the house around the campfire and my neighbor rolled up on his quad ride right past my patch.

He complimented me on clearing out "his" trail he made like 20 years ago on my property. Wtf?

I like the fish hooks tied to wire, get the dumbass all wired up and stuck. Be begging for help.

911 whats your emergency?:

Imma bout to shoot a stupid fool thats trespassing on my property. Get someone over here pronto before there's a bigger problem. Thank you very much. click

A picture was posted on social media of someone riding their bike down a main street, at 645am will a full mature lady on his handlebars,

Chivalry isn't dead!!! :rofl:

EDIT: Oh, wait - you probably meant a plant, right?

Back
Top Bottom