PurpleGunRack's First Indoor Grow - Auto BlackBerry Kush - Soil

It's been 83 days form seed now and I think I'm gonna chop her next weekend, so she'' be around 90 days from seed to harvest.
I probably could have cut her down at the advertised 70 days from seed, but I'd rather wait till I see some amber trichomes(they're all milky now with a few amber ones here and there)

Billede0186.jpg

Update

Time to harvest the crop:)

On friday I flushed her with 40 L of water PH 6.0 and put her in a dark spot.
On sunday I plucked off the fan leaves and chopped her, then I did Doc Bud's bud washing - I didn't quite have enough baking soda or lemon juice. So I went with 40 L of room temp water, 200 g of baking soda and the juice from 3 lemons in the first bucket, hot water in the second and cold in the third - I submerged the plant in the buckets and agitated it lightly for 20-30 seconds and then hung her up to drip dry.
On Monday (last night) I trimmed her and hung to dry in my cabinet.

Billede0226.jpg

Billede0228.jpg

Without support
Billede0229.jpg

Before trimming
Billede0238.jpg

After trimming
Billede0239.jpg

Billede0240.jpg

Billede0242.jpg

Billede0244.jpg

Well done, awesome job... More reps, I'll get you a full line soon enough, lol...

Thanks mate, I wish I had a better camera so you guys could see those beautiful red and purple colours - hopefully I'll get a better camera before I smoke it all:)

I ran into another problem, my drying facility is too hot and has too low humidity - I tried to put the plant in a plastic bag along with 2 Boveda Humidipacks 62% for a couple of hours and some moisture returned too the outside of the buds again.
But when I checked this morning the outside of the buds was crisp again (stems still bendy) and that distinct smell of chlorophyl hit me when I opened the cabinet.
I put a bucket with water and three ice packs in the cabinet before I left for work this morning, hopefully that will lower the heat and add some humidity.
I don't really know where to go from here, I might jar her with Humidipacks tonight

Be careful. If branches aren't snapping, the inside of your buds still be moist. I don't know your reasoning for growing/needing but buds can be rehydrated, apple peel/ damp cloth/ wet mj branches etc. with a bit of degradation but hey, better than the alternative..mould kills buds.

Hello Purple!

Read up on the brown paper bag method of drying - and when I jar my girls still slightly damp inside (65% RH) with Bovedas, I give them a burp every 2 or 3 days for about 2 weeks to avoid any mould problems. Always worked perfectly and never had mould issues during drying and curing.

Thanks for your advice guys:thanks:6

The buds were not as crisp when I came home, so she'll stay in the cabinet for now.

I read about the paper bag method and it doesn't say where to put the paper bag - would it help if I put the plant in a paper bag inside the cabinet? It's the only dark spot I have available...

I might try out that sweating thing in a plastic bag some more, don't know yet, I'll see how it goes and act if needed - good to have you along for the ride;)

The drying has improved after I put a bucket of water with ice packs in the cabinet and turned the extraction fan off for most of the day.
Now the buds are drying more evenly on the inside and outside, the smaller branches inside the buds are beginning to snap rather than bend and I think I'll start curing within the next couple of days.

I just cut the buds from the stem and put them in jars with Boveda Humidipacks 62% and put them in the fridge, the buds were a bit too dry to my liking, but hopefully the Humidipacks will help with that.

The final dry weight is 35.7 g, so I'm very happy as I was hoping for 30 g - Now there's some pressure on the 2nd grow;)

Smoke report will come after some curing and I'll get some mates to try it out too.

Billede0283.jpg

Billede0284.jpg

A little during the curing update.

After a couple of weeks of curing the chlorophyll smell has disappeared from the buds in the Miron Violett jar, but there's still some of that smell in the clear jam jar. so I'm definitely gonna invest in more of those jars for future harvests, but I'll go with the 1000 Ml jars for curing/storing(The 400 Ml is way too small) and the smaller ones for the buds ''in use''.

The smell is now an amazing sweet smell of exotic fruits:)

The Boveda Humidipacks keep what they promise and is making curing so much easier than checking and burping jars and having hygrometers in each jar. I thought of getting more hygrometers but I'll just be using Humidipacks and one hygrometer for control, also it's not possible to see the hygrometer through the glass of the Miron jars.

Billede0356.jpg

Billede0357.jpg

The buds of the second plant has been curing for a month now and has a nice smell of tropical fruit, and tastes spicy and fruity. It's a nice cozy indica effect good for calming down after a long day.

The first plant's buds was not really worth smoking so I made some shake hash with it and mixed it with the bud from the second plant to make a very nice spliff;)

Billede0436.jpg

Billede0437.jpg

Billede0438.jpg

Billede0445.jpg

Billede0446.jpg

Billede0449.jpg

Billede0450.jpg

Billede0452.jpg

Thanks for watching and commenting:Namaste:

Great grow! Will follow ur current one.

Can I ask you why did you keep the LEDs in the top of the tent?

Hey purps jus ad quick read ov ur thread piks look great man im luvin the set up u got.gotta get 2 work now any advice on gettin humidity up wud b great peace brother

Hey purps jus ad quick read ov ur thread piks look great man im luvin the set up u got.gotta get 2 work now any advice on gettin humidity up wud b great peace brother

A humidifier is the best option, but a bowl of water and occasional misting will help a bit :Namaste:

thanx for advice m8 but no room 4 humidifer i got a bowl water in ther but my rh is under 30 u reakon il av problems.jus wanna say nice work on ur grows i cant wait till i no wat im doin proper ha gud luck m8 and happy smokin.peace out brother

Back
Top Bottom