RheinRover - 1st Grow - Auto - Organic Soil - RQS Royal Jack - Easy Bud - 2015

I was quite surprised myself. I think the best part of the journal is being able to look back at where you started. Also makes you realize how fast time goes by. 41 days today. I remember how hard it was to wait 2 days for them to just break soil. I ordered some more soil and another fan which are being delivered today. I will soak some seeds tonight and get the next two in the ground tomorrow. I will be growing these 2 in 4 gallon plastic containers. Going to be tight in the tent but with time constraints I need to get these 2 going so I'm not dry all summer.

everything is good in here :)

happy new year RR :ciao:

Happy New Year Everyone. Sorry this journal hasn't been so exciting. I get so caught up in reading everyone else's and literally just staring at my plants I just forget to take pictures.
As of today the plants are 48 days old. Easy bud has really started to get frosty. It feels like every time I check on her she's a little whiter.
I also have been trying to trim back a lot of the leaves that are just in the way. My RH is staying a little high ( won't stop raining) so I have installed another small fan to make sure both plants are getting tons of air flow to keep the mold and rot away. I also started two new plants, well I should say 3 but I lost the bluematic auto. She came out of the ground with her helmet on and just couldnt shake it off. I ended up pulling her out and started a new bean. The Sour Diesel auto is now 3 days above ground and Quick one the newest bean just got put in soil this morning.
Its been 8 days since the last update and things are really starting to change:

Easy Bud
IMG_100237.JPG
IMG_100336.JPG
IMG_100432.JPG
IMG_100530.JPG

Royal Jack
IMG_100637.JPG
IMG_100736.JPG

Also just measured and Jack is 31 inches tall. Not bad for an auto I think.
Sour Diesel Auto
IMG_100834.JPG

Have a great week everyone!

Hi Rover!!

I totally understand the whole reading other journals and staring at plants all day! :rofl: what a horrible hobby, eh? :rofl:

The girls look gorgeous man! I'm so jealous of your Sour Deisel! One of my must try strains!!! Can't wait to see how she does for you!

Happy New Year Rover! All the best my man!

Hi Rover!!

I totally understand the whole reading other journals and staring at plants all day! :rofl: what a horrible hobby, eh? :rofl:

The girls look gorgeous man! I'm so jealous of your Sour Deisel! One of my must try strains!!! Can't wait to see how she does for you!

Happy New Year Rover! All the best my man!

Thanks dude! Oh yeah and such a bad hobby LOL. It's so peaceful looking at the plants I can loose hours of my life watching them move in the breeze.
Its been nearly 10 years since I smoked some Sour Diesel and from what I remember I loved it. I'll keep you updated as to how she's growing.

I also have been trying to trim back a lot of the leaves that are just in the way.

I do a good bit of this. It's kind of my version of defoliation. Others do formal defoliations.... I just pull leaves that block light as it grows.
I sure hope your SD is as good as you remember. Sometimes our memories are much sweeter than reality. I have a friend that had a similar situation regarding Norther Lights. He was somewhat disappointed when he got a chance to re-sample after 10 years.

I do a good bit of this. It's kind of my version of defoliation. Others do formal defoliations.... I just pull leaves that block light as it grows.
I sure hope your SD is as good as you remember. Sometimes our memories are much sweeter than reality. I have a friend that had a similar situation regarding Norther Lights. He was somewhat disappointed when he got a chance to re-sample after 10 years.

Exactly Tead, Just getting rid of stuff thats either blocking light or air flow. Since its been so long since I had SD all I remember was I liked it, and I was no where near as informed about MJ as I am now.
Guess we will find out in a few months. Even if its not what I remember I just hope its good.

Quick update:
Day 52. Starting it see more color change on the pistils. Easy bud will for sure get the ax first. Royal Jack just isn't as frosty first. I read that once 25% of the pistils have changed color to start the flush for 2 weeks. Would you guys agree? I have added a few more CFL's around the top of the canopy. Not sure if they are doing much but don't think they will hurt.

Heres a few nice up close photos:
IMG_105732.JPG
IMG_105536.JPG
IMG_105430.JPG
IMG_105340.JPG
IMG_105244.JPG
IMG_104835.JPG

Sour d is a California main stay, you WILL love it! Guar-ron-teed.

Sour d is a California main stay, you WILL love it! Guar-ron-teed.
Coming from you I have no doubt! Excited to try it again

Damn im late ;) here now.dude loving ur beautiful topped autos top work and beautiful garden.best of luck for rest of flower mate;)

Beast thanks for coming by! Excited to get these next two autos up to topping size.

Day 57
Easy bud has started her final 2 week flush. Looked this morning and was noticing more cloudy trics but still no amber. Hope to see a few of those in the coming days. Royal Jack is still pluggin' away. Totally clear trics and is starting to put on some more weight. I'm guessing another 3 weeks until shes ready for the axe. Also I forgot this with the last post but I did some back building on both plants and have noticed the buds really starting to fill in more which makes me one happy dude.
Easy Bud
IMG_110632.JPG
IMG_110337.JPG
IMG_110835.JPG
IMG_110933.JPG
IMG_111028.JPG
IMG_111125.JPG

Royal Jack
IMG_111231.JPG
IMG_111322.JPG
IMG_111429.JPG

The next 2 are coming along nicely as well. The SDA has a few funky leaves growing on her but she seems to be growing well and the color is nice. Lights aren't to close so I'll keep an eye on her but nothing I'm going to stress. QuickOne the bean I popped after the blumatic took a dump is chugging along too. I now have 2 23w CFL's over top. Makes for some tight spacing. She got her first tiny drink of nutes yesterday and seems to be holding up well.

Day 64
Things are moving along nicely here. Was thinking Easy bud will be ready for chopping on Saturday (day 66) but as of now that won't be happening. There is still no amber and I want to hold out until a nice 30/70 for a good couch lock sleepy time med. Since topping things have really started to fill in and both plants have gained some good weight. Looks like Royal Jack will be the big performer this time, her buds are looking NICE!
Easy bud
IMG_119529.JPG
IMG_119430.JPG
IMG_118733.JPG
IMG_118632.JPG
IMG_118524.JPG

Royal Jack
IMG_120129.JPG
IMG_120032.JPG
IMG_119834.JPG
IMG_119634.JPG
IMG_119330.JPG

And a little teaser of my SD. Topped at 14 days and is 19 days today.
IMG_118233.JPG
IMG_118434.JPG
IMG_118839.JPG

Both Easy and Royal are looking mighty fine! The third picture of Easy literally made me drool by the way. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom