Harvest party
:yahoo::slide::yahoo::slide::yahoo:
:bravo:Looks good and well done :bravo:

Knocked that right out of the park TC. Dry sounds unobtainable in my house. You are very patient. Enjoy the PC. I think she enjoyed you growing her. She's magnif

Thank you so much :passitleft:

RH around here is high these days. I am using a fan inside the drying tent. I am not fanning towards buds but I am trying to achieve a stronger air circulation inside the tent.

Can't wait to smoke these...

After 8 days of drying, I seperated the nugs from stems and place them in jars. Lids of jars will stay open for 7-8 more days to prevent moulds and at the same time achieve a slower drying, then I will start curing. I am really really happy with the crappy nugs that I have been smoking for 2-3 days. I haven't tested the real stuff yet because I want them nicely dried and cured for couple of days. Then I will go for a detailed smoke report. Considering it was a soil and organic grow with fairly short veg. time, I think yield seems OK. I don't have a scale but if I can borrow one from my friends I will share the exact results. I am planning to collect some dry ice hash in following weeks.

I wish I could share these with you guys. It is my best work in terms of quality so far.Taste and high is really magnificent. Has no negative side effects at all. Doesn't make me hungry or too couchlocked. I get up with a clear head in the mornings. It is a strain for just chilling. You can smoke this whole day if you want a day full of euphoria. Gets you high like crazy, keeps you there for a nice interval then slowly fades. Definately the best thing I smoked so far. I can't imagine the main tops :surf:

I am keeping some sugar leaves to slow the drying process. I will trim my nugs a little bit more after they go dry. I am feeling assertive for the february nug of the month contest :ganjamon:

PS: There is a 350 ml Bacardi bottle for scaling.

Check them out;

Nugs of joy brother. Great job. Mine tasted great after a week. Then after a month or two the taste went off the chart better.

Dried nugs really taste great mate. I got more yield than I expected so I think I will be able to taste some beatifully cured nugs like yours :passitleft:

I think I went for jars a bit early. I removed and placed them on parchment paper. They will stay in the drying tent for some more time. They stayed in jars for like 7-8 hours and drier nugs sucked some moisture from wetter ones. I think that was a benefical mistake for slow drying. All feel equally wet now. I think they will be ready for jars in couple more days.

Some photos with flash;

I need smellavision.

I will describe the smell in a few days. They still have the grassy smell.

Yeah, a smellavision combined with smokeavision would be great :)
Nice buds there :) :thumb:

I am waiting to smoke a nicely dried top nug. After that I will go for a detailed smoke report. So far it reminds me of UK Cheese in terms of smell and smoke. There is some undertone involved but it is revealing itself as the buds dry. I can't tell the final taste for at least a week :bong:

Nice grow! Wonder how close my "pineapple haze REGULAR" to your "pineapple chunk FEMINIZED" will be. Looks tasty!

Thanks mate. I think they will be kinda different because I observe a lot of cheese properties in my plants. PC is Cheese x Skunk#1 x Pineapple. I think yours will have a more citrusy and fruity flavor. Not sure about the effect though :passitleft:

Humidity of the drying room is now at %62. Let me explain some of my explorations about drying and curing :cough:

As I mentioned, I turned the lights off for 48 hours before harvest. After that, I used some string to hang the buds to the ceiling of the grow tent. I kept the buds on branches first, to keep some extra humidity in the nugs. I trimmed the nugs roughly and left almost all the sugar leaves for the same reason. Humidity was %70 for first 5-6 days but I used a fan to prevent mold and other possible humidity related issues.

I just used the fan to create an air circulation within the tent. I didn't blow it on the nugs directly. I left the fan-carbon filtering system on and that contributed to the air flow as well as filtering. Nothing mouldy at all guys. Buds are drying very very slowly and smelling stronger than ever. Grassy smell is fading away each day. I don't know if it would be still allright if the humidity was %80 but I wouldn't dare drying at such RH even if I have a nice ventilation. After 5-6 days, I seperated the nugs from stems and left the leaves on them. Humidity was around 66-67 and gradually dropped after this point. Seperating them from the stems also made them drier but the nugs are still keeping the moisture inside thanks to sugar leaves. I won't be trimming them and leave them inside the tent as long as the RH stays above %60. If I read any RH value lower than %60 I will place my nugs in jars and open their lids for 20-30 minutes per day until I achieve a steady crunchiness.

I normally don't dry my nugs with a fan and high RH but it seems to be working way better. I usually set the RH around %50 inside the tent for the first two days to prevent mould but turns out if you have a nice circulation, you can dry them at higher RH values and that is what we want right? Slow drying alters the taste continiously while fast dried buds achieve their best possible taste very early which is not just as good. If you don't have a controllable drying room I suggest using a smaller space and blow inside with a PC fan. I think they will stay outside of the jars for another week. 3.5 weeks without jars is a great duration for them to get ready for curing.

I had to deal with 80% + RH in this past summer and drying wasn't as bad or difficult as I previously guessed. Just get strong fans on them for a few days to assist in releasing moisture. Now having about 30% RH in the air, I can achieve my first dry in about 2 days or less, then sweat them in a container. My practice is to hang for about 2 days, then sweat in a long flat tote for a few hours, then rehang them for another few hours before putting them in the sweat tote again. If ever the RH exceeds 70%, I hang them for an amount of time I determine on the fly. Once I get them to 65%, I start curing. In summer months I aim for that to be about 60%, but in the winter, I need it a bit higher so the patient can get some longevity out of their meds.

Good drying info here. I've had high RH 60%-70% and low RH 30%-40% I prefer the lower end as I can jar the buds up after 3-4 days when they are dry and add a 58 humidity pack. They usually get 'wet' after a day or so then I lay them out for a few hours and re jar them when they are dry again. Usually two or three times I have to do that then I can keep them jarred and ready to smoke. My buds never last for more the a month or two so it works for me. Ive never dryed too fast with low RH and lost flavor from my buds but I HAVE dryed with too high RH and lost flavor a few times

Actually there are several ways to achieve a proper drying but it mostly depends on the conditions as we all agree. Only thing to avoid should be drying too fast, like drying till the thin branches of the nugs go crispy, like in two or three days. These branches should be able to bend for like 2-3 weeks I think. Sweating nugs won't be possible if these branches dry out. Drying in jars after few days should be okay. I also sweated my nugs to distribute the moist evenly because small pieces were drying way faster.

If you lost taste when you dried slowly and too much RH there should be a problem. My friend had this issue on his only grow. We couldn't spot any mold but the buds smelling like a wet dirty mop. Happens to wet clothes as well. I told him to use his fan but it was too late. Taste was ruined and the effects were terrible. I didn't smoke much from that batch at all :rip:

Well we reached the end of this journal. I collected some bubble hash from the trim. I will enjoy it in a few days and provide a complete smoke report. Thank you all for your company. I am moving on to my current Blue Cheese coco grow, which is going really awesome. I am expecting some high yields from these plants. I will get a larger grow tent in 10-12 days. Feel free to jump in or out anytime.

Check out the final product;

Peace everyone :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom