Stainless - THC Bomb Auto (Indoor) - 2014-2015 - First Ever Grow Journal

:popcorn:

Not very many nutes, seen a lot with first time growers them feeding too much because they wanted to get huge buds but I've managed not too fall into that trap
I did that on my second grow.

what you thinking fellow growers??
Think you knocked it out the park your first time at bat...

Yup, first ever grow, just done a lot of research on this and other forums and went at it! :)
And it paid off. The best first run I've seen. Congrats...

Enjoyed the perpetual pictorial Stainless.

Yo Indo, cheers for dropping by! Thanks for the comments. Yeah I searched up pH quite a bit so decided to stick with that through out. The water where I am is pretty close to it anyway :) nice one, I'll check it out! Yeah I might do next time, a bit more risky :O

happy to see a great auto grow :D i think u might of miss read HPS Lights i ment, not the waters PH.. lol. thats handy having good water anyway saves buffering it much. yea true, then again two like that would probly be just as good as the 4 and less looking after:) be intrested to see ur next grow if ur doing one :grinjoint:

You have me salivating over my own THC Bomb Auto stainless. :laugh: This strain is definitely a keeper. Mine is now at day 40 and growing at about 1/2" a day. It's been an effortless grow so far. They said it was a good strain for a beginner and you have proven them right.

Exemplary work. That instinctive Backbuilding was a nice touch.

Stainless, how tall are they? Can you remember if there was a point when they grew any faster, or was it slow but steady the whole way? Can you recall when they stopped going vertical and started concentrating on thickening up the buds? I calculate you to be around day 66? So you'll be coming in right about the projected grow time, since it appears the breeder always underestimates the time by about 10-14 days.

You make me wish I had a tent, so I could control humidity levels. Mostly you have me excited about the finish run of my own THC Bomb.

Is this really your first grow ever? You have demonstrated a talent for the indoor gardening. Wait until you taste the quality. You will be spoiled for life. I adopted two different plants and took them each to harvest (small though they may have been) before I tried my own from scratch and the quality of what you can grow on your own far surpasses what you can purchase. If you ever try a strictly organic approach the smoke is even sweeter and milder and even more potent.

Good growing of quality cannabis is both a blessing and a curse. Your tolerance for anything else will diminish, you lucky man.

They're honestly the first thing I think of Sue when I wake up, I cannot wait till they are done :) so happy how they have turned out! Yeah round about that time mines were just growing and growing. Yes I would say mine was effortless as well, all I did was feed them, and give them a turn each day, that is genuinely it! Yes I think it has worked quite nicely, just didn't like the idea of cutting the top of a bud of, I feel that would stress it a bit too much, wasn't taking the chance :)

I'm actually not too sure how tall they are, I will take a measuring tape when I go tomorrow as I want to measure the top colas. Wish I seen this before I left as I am just back from seeing them, will post about it later. As this is my first, I honestly think the whole process has been so fast, I would say they grew at a pace for the first 6 weeks and once the flowering stage commenced, they focused on the buds only. The last 2 weeks I would say I've seen them each day and have not noticed them getting any taller, maybe slightly but not for me too notice.

I really do like the tent, I think they are great, much easier to control your temps etc.

Looking at those photos you wouldn't think it was Sue but truly it is my first ever grow. I've always wanted to grow, spent nights after nights just researching (wish I could have done this when I was at school lol) and finally when I had my chance, I really made sure I did not mess it up. It's the only thing I am waiting for is the taste Sue lol, they smell is incredible, they look incredible, just hope I get 3/3! :)

Later I will post a more detailed post of everything I have done through out this grow, hopefully I can remember most stuff. I'll try answer as many questions as possible. My next grow I will definitely start a journal at the same time, be a little easier on my memory lol!:peace:

job well done on your first grow!! looks like youre gonna have quite the harvest, cant wait to see what the final yield is, my first grow i got about 14g per plant.(had 2) i was sitting here worrying my autos were growing too slow. they just seem to get bushier and wider. not so much taller...according to the breeder info its 8 week flowering time. so i should be chopping sometime around feb 20 or so.

How are we folks :) had a little fright today when I went to check the girls, the left hand side plant, two long stems had bent and fallen over due to the buds at the end i can only assume. Got two sticks, shaved all the skin off them, stuck them in the pot, not deep and tied the stems to the sticks. Don't see any problems in me doing this but if this is wrong please let me know. Also, with the stems bending, is that a BIG PROBLEM? The stems have not snapped, when I sat them up straight I couldn't see any splits in the stem so just wondering? Thanks.

Thanks smithy, so happy with how they have turned out, they look great! Yeah I was worried about that too, that's what mines were doing but as they did get taller, I raised the light slightly and from then on they just shot up out of nowhere. I think a lot of people underestimate how quick they actually grow. I was seeing them every day and rubbing my eyes when I was opening the tent, was unbelievable lol. You might be able to get a rough idea when they started to grow by looking at my earlier photos :)

Wow! Awesome first auto grow! + Reps! That really is a monster - never seen an auto like that!! Didn't even know that was possible with an auto hahaha. I really want to try autos in the future, I just have SO many good photo seeds, it probably will be a long time before any autos. I also really like training my plants, but WOW. looks like training really doesn't have to be necessary seeing yours!

Again great job and thanks for sharing :p

Thank you so much SoilGirl, really glad you like them! I didn't expect to see them like that also, they are pretty big!! Nice one, yeah definitely give them a try, they are supposed to be tricky, so me being a first time grower kept everything nice and simple and I think it has paid off! Will be putting a larger description of the process up soon so check it out if you want. Yeah I see a lot of growers like training, I just seen a few forums that advised the less touchy touchy, the more they can focus on just growing, and I think that's what mine have exactly done.

Thanks for the comments and dropping by! :peace:

Day 66 (3rd day of flushing) The right hand side plant was still slightly moist on top of the soil so only gave it about 1L of water. The left hand side plant was dry so gave it a full 2L of water. Ph was 6.5. Temps were about 22.5, slightly colder today so put the heating up a bit (bloody snowing where I am) As I said before, two stems had fallen over, might be able to see in these photos the sticks I have placed in them to support them, I think it's worked ok. But still wondering if that is a problem I need to be wary about, or are my buds just so fat and heavy lol?

LEFTY
20150114_145418.jpg

RIGHTY
20150114_145430.jpg

ALL LEFTY
20150114_145559.jpg
20150114_145614.jpg
20150114_145626.jpg
20150114_145634.jpg
20150114_145643.jpg
20150114_145655.jpg

ALL RIGHTY
20150114_145807.jpg
20150114_145816.jpg
20150114_145823.jpg
20150114_145831.jpg
20150114_145841.jpg
20150114_145855.jpg

How are we folks :) had a little fright today when I went to check the girls, the left hand side plant, two long stems had bent and fallen over due to the buds at the end i can only assume. Got two sticks, shaved all the skin off them, stuck them in the pot, not deep and tied the stems to the sticks. Don't see any problems in me doing this but if this is wrong please let me know. Also, with the stems bending, is that a BIG PROBLEM? The stems have not snapped, when I sat them up straight I couldn't see any splits in the stem so just wondering? Thanks.

LOL! You have a problem all growers wish for - colas so heavy that they must have support. I'm so glad you caught it without any breaks. Quick thinking, that. I'll be alert to this with my girl. Even using CFLs I should see this kind of bud development. I'm so glad you decided to post this grow journal. Thank you for that.:love:

You're an inspiration of what preparation is Stainless. :adore:

Back
Top Bottom