Smithy's New - Northern Lights Auto-Flower - CFL Grow

smithy8806

hello and welcome! This is my 2nd attempt to grow Northern Lights Autoflower. The first one didnt make it as to errors i made, it was my first time to ever mess with autoflowers... lessons learned and corrected i believe. So lets get to it. Again with this grow, i didnt germinate. i dropped the beans directly in the dirt and used basically a turkey baser to provide enough moisture but NOT too much. That was 3 or 4 days ago i believe. The seedlings have sprouted and already doing better and growing faster than my last attempt. so here we go:

information from seed bank

Strain- Northern Lights Auto
THC-15.08%

Flowering Time-8 weeks

Veg or Flowering- seedling

indoor or outdoor-indoor grow cabinet

Soil-Jiffy natural and organic-50-60% spagnum peat moss,perlite & vermiculite, coir pith, and lime for ph balance.

lights- 23w 5500 and 42w 2500

Temp and RH- 80 degrees F and 42%rh

Nutrients- None yet

Grow Environment- Home made box painted flat white, with 2 intake holes cut out at the bottom and one at the top with fans pointed upward to let hot air escape.

IMG_59852.JPG
IMG_59843.JPG
IMG_59823.JPG
IMG_59813.JPG

here they are at 3 days after droppin seeds in dirt.
IMG_59834.JPG
IMG_59804.JPG

They're still doing great. So far so good. Fingers crossed this goes better than last time; does anyone know if it's possible or advisable to lst or scrog an auto? Not too sure about it. Found a killer grow tent on Amazon that will be ordered soon, until that comes in the box should be fine I think. Temps stay between 79 and 83. I will post pictures again possibly Sunday or Monday. Soil still seems to be a bit damp so I haven't watered yet.

its been a few days since i posted anything so i figured it was about time plus i love taking pics of my beauts. Both are still doing really well. the temp of my grow box maintains at about 79-81 F during the day and then 68 during the 4 hour light off cycle. Its such a nice day putside (weve had rain the past 4 days) today is sunny and about mid 70's so i have em outside catching some rays...i watered about 3 days ago and havent watered since, the soil is still fairly moist, this is the older one which is about 4 days older than the second
IMG_60535.JPG
IMG_60545.JPG

i noticed something white on the older one..dont think its a pistil as its still too young i believe but what do you guys think?
IMG_60554.JPG
IMG_60564.JPG

and heres pics of the younger one as well
IMG_60594.JPG
FullSizeRender23.jpg

I start feeding autos half strength around 1 week and then bump it up at week 2, cause it'll start to flower at end of week 3 and needs full strength nutes and strong lights

If there's any nutes in your medium, wait till end of week 2, start of week 3. If it's like my perlite, you'll want to start feeding half doses right away, cause she's growing fast and you don't want to wait for her to show a deficiency.

hello hello how is everyone? well i got bored today and made myself a little co2 generator. To achieve this i have 2 jugs, rubber aquarium tubing (5/16 to be exact) 4 cups of sugar and 4 tsp of yeast. First i put the sugar in the gallon jug and filled 3/4 way full with warm water and shaked vigirously till dissolved. afterwards i added the yeast and shaked again.
IMG_60892.JPG

I have rubber tubing going from the gallon (about 2inches from bottom of the lid and then ran it to the bottom of another jug with plain water. then i took another piece of tubing and ran it from about 2 inches from the bottom of the lid, and the end of that tubing will be ziptied to the back of my grow room fan.
IMG_60902.JPG
IMG_60913.JPG

It generally takes about an hour to start working but once you start seeing bubbles in your jug with the plain water then you know the gas is being created. its been about 45 minutes maybe and im seeing a bubble about every half a second. so hopefully this will add some benefits to my grow...im confident in it to say the least.

the medium is starting to dry pretty decently so ill probably water tomorrow sometime with 1/4 strength nutes. theyre still doing really good it seems.
IMG_60923.JPG
IMG_60934.JPG

Smithy, that was a cool way to generate CO2. Your plants look healthy and happy. May the journey be smooth. I'll keep checking in. My last adopted grow was a NL auto grown under CFLs and the quality was incredible. Enjoy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom