Smithy's New - Northern Lights Auto-Flower - CFL Grow

image17098.jpg

So this is how I set it up. Just ran it through my intake and zip tied it to the pots. Drilled a small hole under the first one and the bubble Rick just sits underneath the other

well i decided to do some rearranging with the lights. i didn't like having the 42w 2700k on one of the elbow sockets so i added a power strip in the middle and just plugged it up in the middle between the two.
image17184.jpg

I like your light array smithy. I appreciate the way these adapters bring the light onto the canopy in an overlap, vs using a flatter canopy array. The plants are doing well. Have you considered some type of mulch for the pots? At the very least it will keep your top layer of soil from drying out. Using a living organic soil with mine makes mulch a necessity and I find I'm really enjoying the presence of the living mulch. The plant community just feels happier as a unit instead of being individuals.:laugh:

Zip ties and Velcro, the tools of the micro gardener. You see I make judicious use of wooden clothes pins myself.

How long before you begin to see the benefits of the CO2 feed? I'm brand new to this type of gardening, and still learning as I go.

:Namaste:

Hi sue and thank you. I guess it does the job. I've never thought about using a mulch or any type of Los, but after seeing yours I do feel intrigued to try it. As far as actually seeing benefits of the co2, im not quite sure. I read and read on it and If I understand correctly they increase the yield by 20%. I wish I could have one with the co2 and one without just to see the added benefits, although im quite sure it is working to some degree. The morning after I made the gallon jug mix I went in and put another lid on it and shook the mix up. Very very fast and quickly my room as well as myself was covered in the mix. After shaking the mix i guess the gases built really fast and couldn't escape and blew the lid right off just as dry ice in a sealed bottle would do. Dry ice is straight co2, so I do believe it does produce co2. (Wish I could find some of that dry ice). They are growing well though. The older ones internodes are really tight and close together.

I would hang the co2 above the plant. Co2 drops, not rise, and you want it to get to the plant leaves instead of displacing oxygen in the roots. And they say to use it only during lights on. It'll increase yield in the right amounts and let you run at higher temps with no problems

good morning everyone, just thought id provide a quick update as today was gonna be the day i watered but not so sure at the oment if i should wait another day... well i opened my box this morning, checked my soil and have what seems to be a whitish mold on the top layer of my soil... its not on any of the plants nor can i tell it has affected anything. heres a picture..
FullSizeRender25.jpg

I also added more dirt to the bottom of the pots, to make it almost level to the top..not sure how it sank down into the pot so much..On the older plant it seems to be wilting as if it were overwatered..not sure how this could be possible because the last water it received was 3-4 days ago. here are pics of its current status
IMG_61344.JPG
IMG_61314.JPG
...because of the wilting i am concerned a tad with it because the other one i have doesnt seem to be wilting at all...any comments?
IMG_61327.JPG
FullSizeRender_2_6.jpg

How does the soil feel? Plants are individuals and will behave differently sometimes. These are still little tykes and the water needs should still be minimal,IMO. Check the soil.

hello all you beautiful people. Well I woke up this morning and checked on the lil ens cause i knew they would be dry by now and sure enough they were...I gave em a mild solution of nutes today. I simply used just plain water last time. i did 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon of water. the analysis of the nutes i used was 15-30-15. My last grow my plants didnt seem to mind the solution but if i should be using something else please do tell me.

here is the younger one...its internodes dont seem to be as tight together as the older ones..
IMG_61564.JPG

and the older (again both were dropped in dirt 5 days apart) i need to come up with names ha.
IMG_61623.JPG
IMG_61593.JPG

it seems to be still kind of wilting...
IMG_61602.JPG

and just a shot of the internodes and the bushiness it seems to have
IMG_61642.JPG

any suggestions or comments are always appreciated... have a good en

good morning everyone, just thought id provide a quick update as today was gonna be the day i watered but not so sure at the oment if i should wait another day... well i opened my box this morning, checked my soil and have what seems to be a whitish mold on the top layer of my soil... its not on any of the plants nor can i tell it has affected anything. heres a picture..
FullSizeRender25.jpg

I also added more dirt to the bottom of the pots, to make it almost level to the top..not sure how it sank down into the pot so much..On the older plant it seems to be wilting as if it were overwatered..not sure how this could be possible because the last water it received was 3-4 days ago. here are pics of its current status
IMG_61344.JPG
IMG_61314.JPG
...because of the wilting i am concerned a tad with it because the other one i have doesnt seem to be wilting at all...any comments?
IMG_61327.JPG
FullSizeRender_2_6.jpg

Place your finger 1"-2" into the soil and feel how moist it is.

If I understand correctly i should start using nutes When the third set of leaves show right? The nutes I have are an analysis of 15-30-15 and another is 24-8-16. The last one I grew seemed to like the 15-30-15.

do you have one in mind that i should get?

hello all you beautiful people. Well I woke up this morning and checked on the lil ens cause i knew they would be dry by now and sure enough they were...I gave em a mild solution of nutes today. I simply used just plain water last time. i did 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon of water. the analysis of the nutes i used was 15-30-15. My last grow my plants didnt seem to mind the solution but if i should be using something else please do tell me.

here is the younger one...its internodes dont seem to be as tight together as the older ones..
IMG_61564.JPG

and the older (again both were dropped in dirt 5 days apart) i need to come up with names ha.
IMG_61623.JPG
IMG_61593.JPG

it seems to be still kind of wilting...
IMG_61602.JPG

and just a shot of the internodes and the bushiness it seems to have
IMG_61642.JPG

any suggestions or comments are always appreciated... have a good en

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums. When the seedlings are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth I begin feeding 1/4 strength nutrients and gradually over several watering increase to full strength nutrients.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

Back
Top Bottom