Smithy's New - Northern Lights Auto-Flower - CFL Grow

Yo Smithy, looking great so far. Im a first time grower and I've got 2 THC Bomb Autos on the go just now, flushing stage. Sorry to see your first attempt didnt go as well, you seem to have sorted it though, they are coming along nicely. Was looking at the northern light autos so will check to see how these turn out. Have a look at mine if you're not busy bro! :) :peace:

Stainless - THC Bomb Auto (Indoor) - 2014-2015 - First Ever Grow Journal

hello hello everyone. i woke up to some exciting news....the oldest is a girl lol. showed its pistils today. now the fun part begins. watching them swell. still no signs of pistils on the youngest but im sure theyll show within the next 4 days. theyre getting a bit dry so ill probably water tomorrow or the next day. here are some pics of how theyre doing...

and then the pistils here...
IMG_61965.JPG
IMG_61986.JPG

You have a female cannabis plant!

Leave the fan leaves alone smithy. You want autos to have as stress-free a life as you can arrange. Their life span is so accelerated that any stress slows them down and you reduce the yield. If you haven't checked out stainless's THC Bombs do so now, and that should cement this concept. The only leaves he removed were the ones that almost fell off on their own. His are a wonderful example of what one can achieve with autos in good conditions.

They won't stay this small much longer. I've been documenting mine pretty thoroughly and you can see how all of a sudden they start shooting up. In the past week mine have grown about 4" each and still going up about 1/2" a day. Patience. :love:

Nowadays you can do a lot to autos. You can top and train them almost like a regular plant. LA's tutt style training works on them well and increases yield. I wouldn't do anything crazy on your first grow, but after a while you'll get bored.

Well I got home this evening to some not so good looking things. I opened my box and it was roughly around 90 degrees F. I can tell it took a toll on my girls. I also got some flowering nutes with a analysis of 2-7-7. I really hope they bounce back by tomorrow they look quite sick as of the moment. Since they were heat stressed I went ahead and watered em as I was going to tomorrow morning anyways.
FullSizeRender32.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_8.jpg

I also picked up an odor obsorber from wal mart. For 4 bucks this thing is amazing. No hint of cannabis at all anymore where as it was quite
profound.
IMG_62105.JPG

They look like they'll recover just fine. My room in summer was constantly in the 90's. Don't forget to keep that odor killer outside of grow room, or your plants will smell like it.

Wow Smitty, your plants have really taken off since the last time I saw them. That's great! Just to catch up, you can manipulate autos, but since you are new I suggest that you let'em grow in a more natural manner with maybe some creative leave tucking and branch training. This will help you get a good feel for what they are supposed to be doing, what their natural rhythm is and what to look for. That way you are more likely to be happy and have a successful grow. Then with that basic knowledge under your belt, you can begin to stretch your wings and slowly begin to add other twist and turns to your growing techniques on each new grow. So far everything is looking good.

Bummer smithy. Keep reminding yourself that they are resilient plants and will bounce back. Learn from the mistake, treat them with gentle love and expect a good rebound. This is a great learning experience.

alright whats up everyone; made a few changes today. took out the 42 w 2400k cfl in the middle as well as one on plant A (the taller one). Plant B (the smaller one) just seems to be loving having just 3 blulbs on her so i took one down to see if plant a would do better with it as well. so plant A has the same bulbs as B. the temp now stays around 80 degrees with a 32%RH. Here is what everyone likes to see...pictures...
IMG_63296.JPG
FullSizeRender33.jpg
FullSizeRender_3_4.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_9.jpg

Obviously a bit heat stressed, but nothing they won't survive and be all the stronger for smithy. Give them a week and add in more light again. They seem to like a gradual increase over time. Watch how beautiful they'll look in two days time. All-in-all they look healthy. Good call on the lights.

got bored and thought id hop on and upload some pics. both are recovering well and it remains about 82 degrees F inside the grow box. plant b still hasnt shown any signs of sex, only calyx's are still visible. probably will water tomorrow as the pots are starting to feel light.

Plant a
IMG_63334.JPG
FullSizeRender34.jpg

plant b
IMG_63346.JPG
FullSizeRender_2_10.jpg

and lastly the two together.
IMG_63323.JPG

will probably get some molasses today. never really used it before so any insight on the preferred method would be great

Looking good. Try to get some warmer spectrum in there next. They need the higher k spectrum while they veg but they benefit greatly from having a full spectrum available. I try to get about 20-30% of my lights into the other spectrum at about this point. A little more ventilation and you can start adding in new lights soon.

Easy on the molasses. I use it with teas only and to neutralize my chloramines. Other, more experienced growers will chime in with their recommendations. A little goes a long way. You're not feeding the plant with it, you're helping the beneficial bacteria. They don't need a lot.

Good save smithy.

Back
Top Bottom