Stainless - THC Bomb Auto (Indoor) - 2014-2015 - First Ever Grow Journal

Ok, here is a detailed description of everything I have done from start to finish. I hope I can remember it all, I am looking at my photos that I have taken, checking the date and giving a description of what was happening at those dates. Might get a few days mixed up to when I changed over onto different nutes, but it's close enough lol:laughtwo:

Ok, I began everything on the 09/11/2014:

- Mixed Bio-bizz soil with perlite, soil already contained some perlite but I added some more, maybe 70% soil 30% perlite.
- Put my mix into both my pots, as I said before, no idea what size they are, but they have done the job so far.
- For germinating, I dug a small hole, 2" deep, placed both seeds into their holes, and covered with soil. Gave both pots a good watering and covered the tops with clingfilm leaving a small air gap. Placed both pots in my 1.2x1.2x2m tent, and turned the lights on. From there the lights have NOT been turned off at all.

14/11/2014:
- This was the next time I checked on the babies. Can't remember the exact reason as to why i left it five days, something must have kept me busy. But checked them and two lovely sprouts appeared. Removed the clingfilm at once, checked the soil, was still nice and moist.

19/11/2014:
- Few more leaves appearing on both babies, I think maybe at this point they got their first watering each, 1L each at this time, water only, Ph 6.5.

21/11/2014:
- Again more leaves appearing, watered both if required. As this was still the early stage, not a lot of watering was given as the pots took a while to dry out.

24/11/2014:
- At this point I was noticing rapid growth, well really from the start it was rapid growth. Each time I opened the tent, they had doubled in size, it was incredible. I don't know if it's because the quality of the seed or the power of the light but it was fast. At this point they will be getting watered each day, 1L per plant. Ph 6.5.

26/11/2014:
- Started to get a bit of height in the plant, much more leaves. At this point I noticed a few of the leaves starting to go yellow, my light was quite high up so presumed they must need some nutes. I gave each plant 3ml/1L each day until they began to flower. At this point I'm just over the two week stage, it may be a little bit later when I started, but it was between 2 and 3 weeks.

29/11/2014:
- Leaves are getting much bigger, plant is doubling in height. Also leaves were starting to go back green so nutes were working :) Still giving them 1L each day with the 3ml of grow added. Temps ok, lights still 24/7.

02/12/2014:
- Over the next few days the plants started to get it's bushy look. The leaves were a really nice green colour :) getting much taller also. Again still just my 1L of water with 3ml of grow each day. Everything else ok.

08/12/2014:
- Wow, how big they got over a few days. this is where my plants started to get their height. I know autos don't grow that tall but I was glad to finally see mine getting their height. Leaves on both plants getting bigger, plants looking more bushier. My light will have gone up also, I like to keep the light around 15-20" away from the plant (this measure is taken by my eye, I'll be able to tell everyone tomorrow how far away the light is when i take a measuring tape up) still getting daily waterings of 1L with added grow :)

09/12/2014:
- Flowering begins!! At this point i think 1L was not enough for the plants, i would go in the next day and the pot would be bone dry, so moved it up to 2L of water. Also time to switch the feeds so 3ml/1L of bloom and 1ml/1L of pk boost every wednesday and sunday :) for two weeks the bloom was at 3ml/1L, after 2 weeks it went up to 7ml/1L. Please note I did not remove any leaves before this point. Plants getting taller each day also so I would move the light up slightly. Still at 24/7, temps ok.

12/12/2014:
- Everything running smoothly, plants getting even taller, bud sites starting to show everywhere on both plants. Still 2L of water with 3ml of bloom. Ph 6.5, lights 24/7 and temps ok. Also I never encountered any pests, I thought i may have a problem with spiders but the tent is quite secure. I checked daily anyway to see any signs of pests anyway.

17/12/2014:
- Ok, I think maybe at this point or very close to, I upped the ml to 7ml for the bloom. I also added 1ml of PK Boost to my daily waterings and not just every wednesday and sunday. Ph always at 6.5. Buds are starting to form, can see white spots all over in the photos. Everything else ok :)

23/12/2014:
- Plants look smashing. Nice height to them, leaves are a nice green colour and buds forming wonderfully. At this point I will have added the Atami Bloombastic to my feeds. Like I said at the beginning of this journal, I have never seen or heard of this stuff. The guy at the shop praised the living hell out of it so went for it. Think it has worked magnificently. I was advised by the shop keeper to pour a little water into my measuring jug, then add 0.5ml of bloombastic and give it a good stir as the liquid was quite thick (awful smell also). After this I would 7ml/1L of bloom, 1ml /1L of Pk boost. I only have a 1L measuring jug, so each plant got attended twice with exact same measurements.

29/12/2014
- Some proper bud showing now! :) only change is 1ml of bloombastic per litre of water instead of 0.5ml. Each plant still getting 2 litres each. Leaves starting to fall off at their own accord, crisping up and turning yellow. When I go in to see them, if there are any crispy leaves still attached, I will removed them, but only if they come off with no force, I DO NOT pull them off.

Ph always 6.5, lights have not been touched, would say between 12-18 inches away from the top of the plants. Still on at 24/7. Temps ok.

02/01/2015 (Happy new year):
- Girls looking amazing, crystals are crawling up the leaves, starting too smell really nice. Same nutes as before, no change.

05/01/2015:
- The finished product is suppose to look purple, it is really hard to tell in photos, but i can see hints of purple coming through :) Buds are getting bigger, feel so dense. Also very sticky! No change in height from last few days, maybe stopped growing in height and now just working on the buds. Same feedings, 1ml/1L of Bloombastic, 1ml/1L of Pk Boost and 7ml/1L of bloom. Lights still 24/7
and temps ok.

Sorry if it's not enough, but I genuinely haven't really done anything besides feed them. No training involved, no leaves taken off at early stages. The one thing I forgot to mention was the Backbuilding, when the buds formed, the larger ones, I would pinch them at the top. Think it has worked nicely.

Now caught up, just finished my 3rd day of flushing. Will do this 7-10 days then its cutting down time!! :peace:

Great step by step overview...

No doubt...

Thank you for that write-up stainless. The differences between our grows are the nutes, the tent and the lights. It will be interesting to see how different the results are. It's so neat to have found you. I had a terrible time tracking down someone who was growing this Bomb in soil. How fortuitous that you stumbled onto my journal. I haven't found anyone yet doing a journal with this strain in living organic soil.

Both of our grows show the value of research and preparation. This site has been an invaluable resource to both of us. Isn't it nice to offer something back?

Judging from your pictures I would say they came in at between 100-120cm, which is just where they should have been at the tall end. Well done new grower. You deserve all the praise that's just beginning. They are a stunning pair and you managed their care perfectly. :bravo:

:Namaste:

Just gorgeous, wonderful work Stainless, hydro nutes may not be for me, but that definitely doesn't mean they can't make beautiful plants :)

Thank you for that write-up stainless. The differences between our grows are the nutes, the tent and the lights. It will be interesting to see how different the results are. It's so neat to have found you. I had a terrible time tracking down someone who was growing this Bomb in soil. How fortuitous that you stumbled onto my journal. I haven't found anyone yet doing a journal with this strain in living organic soil.

Both of our grows show the value of research and preparation. This site has been an invaluable resource to both of us. Isn't it nice to offer something back?

Judging from your pictures I would say they came in at between 100-120cm, which is just where they should have been at the tall end. Well done new grower. You deserve all the praise that's just beginning. They are a stunning pair and you managed their care perfectly. :bravo:

:Namaste:

Thanks Sue, I found it quite difficult also to find bomb in soil, so glad it has worked out great :) it was also great to stumble across your journal, loving the whole organic process, may try this a few grows down the line :)

Today I slept in badly and forgot to take up the measuring tape, still don't have measurements, will have these tomorrow for you :)

Thank you for the comments sue, I'm so happy everyone likes them, they were looking even better today, no photos but will take some tomorrow :)

She's about to tell you LOS is easy & simple... LOL

Love you SoulGirl.:circle-of-love:

I see we have gone down very similar paths in our first grows, getting similar results. Must be doing something right :)

I started my first grow with quite some trepidation based on the plethora of "failed attempt" stories out there. To date, I have found this to be one of the easiest plants to grow ever. Not unlike you I believe? :)
Ofc, having said that; I'll probably be cut down to size on subsequent grows. (touchwood)

A pair of just lovely ladies you have there :green_heart::goodjob:

Vis vobiscum.

I see we have gone down very similar paths in our first grows, getting similar results. Must be doing something right :)

I started my first grow with quite some trepidation based on the plethora of "failed attempt" stories out there. To date, I have found this to be one of the easiest plants to grow ever. Not unlike you I believe? :)
Ofc, having said that; I'll probably be cut down to size on subsequent grows. (touchwood)

A pair of just lovely ladies you have there :green_heart::goodjob:

Vis vobiscum.

Thanks for dropping by Ome, yes we definitely must be!

Yeah I researched alot on failed grows/first time growers, from there I was able to work out how I would tackle growing. Going from your pictures and myself, I think we've done pretty well for first attempts! :) Yeah i thought it was quite easy, maybe we got lucky first time round, who knows, second grows will tell but really happy with how they have tuned out.

Thank you for the comments Ome, :peace:

How are we today folks, far too cold out there! Went up to check on the girls today, couple more stems falling over slightly, fixed this by tying them up, damn buds are too heavy! :) Gave them each 2l of water only, Ph 6.5. This is the 5th day of flushing, thinking 2 more days then cut down time.

Checked the plants with the LED Microscope, cracking wee tool! Mix of milky/amber trichs all over, very pleased with this as I didn't even know anything about trichomes until I first started researching and the fact I have amber, so happy, all I can say :)

A note on the smell of the plants, wonderful, just wonderful, as soon as I open the tent! Remarkable aroma, will find out tomorrow more details on the smell, maybe slightly citrusy at the moment :)

Also, took a couple more crispy dead leaves off each plant. Buds are so fat and sticky, aching to taste it!

Also got some measurements, will post photos later but the left hand side plant (taller thinner pot), this is standing around 115cm tall from the bottom of the pot. The top cola is around 7-8". The right hand side pot (shorter wider pot), this is standing around 95-100cm tall from the bottom of the pot. The top cola is around 8-9". Like I said before, I think because I have used 2 different sized pots, it has changed the appearance of both plants.

Measured the distance of the light from the top of the plants and guesstimating throughout the full grow, I would say I was close to between 12-16". Right now it is sitting 15" away from the top.

Does anyone think I should hold off any longer or this Sunday OK to cut them down and start the drying process? Cheers guys. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom