Stainless - THC Bomb Auto (Indoor) - 2014-2015 - First Ever Grow Journal

Mix of milky/amber trichs all over,

Does anyone think I should hold off any longer or this Sunday OK to cut them down and start the drying process? Cheers guys. :peace:
Actually a couple trich pics would be great. They don't have to be spectacular, just decent enough to show the clear/amber ratio. The cloudier they are the deeper couch lock high; Less cloudy is a more energetic high so kept that in mind when deciding on a chop date.

How about giving us a close up pic of those big buds please? Doesn't have to be tricome level, but whole bud would be useful. (to me at least)

No problemo Rifleman, will get close ups tomorrow for you, just remembered I have a magnifying glass so my camera behind that that should get a good close up of the buds :) :peace:

Actually a couple trich pics would be great. They don't have to be spectacular, just decent enough to show the clear/amber ratio. The cloudier they are the deeper couch lock high; Less cloudy is a more energetic high so kept that in mind when deciding on a chop date.

Ok BAR, I'll try again tomorrow, I know it'll be a great help for everyone :) hmm, interesting, i really like a head high so i think I'll chop this sunday :) :peace:

You want a ratio of milky to amber trichomes about 50%, give or take! unless you are looking for a particular effect. More amber gives you more couch lock. More milky and you get more of a heady high. So, it's up to your personal preference. If you're not sure, shoot for the 50/50 mark. The pistils should all be amber colored by that time and beginning to pull back into the buds. The perfume is a better indicator in my opinion. I've only harvested two adopted plants that I got late in their lives, but in my experience there's a moment when the perfume sort of changes in intensity. It's almost like the plant tells you the time is right. Maybe that's just me, but it happened both times.

You're at the proper height and from your description you are certainly close to harvest time. Holding off until Sunday sounds reasonable. Every day you can stretch it without getting the ratios out of whack is a good thing.

The perfume is a better indicator in my opinion. I've only harvested two adopted plants that I got late in their lives, but in my experience there's a moment when the perfume sort of changes in intensity. It's almost like the plant tells you the time is right. Maybe that's just me, but it happened both times.
Good stuff there Sue. I've never heard this before but will keep it in mind for my next chop...

Thanks Sue, I'm looking up trichomes just now and I think once I get some pictures up and some of you guys opinions, I'll be able to tell. My gut is telling me I'm ready but I planted on a Sunday so want to chop on the Sunday, 10 Weeks exactly! :) (makes it even)

I know I'm not amber everywhere, probably more milky (i think).

Each day I've went to see them this week, the smell is getting stronger and stronger, it's like so strong! So I think you could be right, there telling me 'I'm READY!!' LOL

Yeah each day I will keep checking the trichs, my mate isn't getting his microscope back yet lol :p

Because I am flushing just now Sue, does that stop the trichs turning amber because theres no nutes in the water or can they still turn amber on water and light? Thanks. :peace:

Flushing has no effect on the trichome production. It's only function is to wash out excess nutes so you're not smoking them. You want your smoke ashes as close to pure white as you can get, so take these last two days and flush away.

I'm waiting for more pictures. He'll, you have us all excited about these girls. LOL!

Good stuff there Sue. I've never heard this before but will keep it in mind for my next chop...

I never heard about it either Reg. The first time I thought I was just imagining it. The second time it was unmistakable. Let's see if my girls do the same thing when they're ready. LOL!

How are we today folks, sorry not had any photos up, been a bit busy. Here are some photos I took yesterday, sorry if you can't see the measurements that well on the tape, flash was annoying and the camera ain't the best lol. Gave them 2l of water each yesterday, Ph 6.5. Couple more dead leaves removed.

16/01/2015

Taller plant (Left Hand Side) From bottom of the pot, 115cm.

20150116_150202.jpg

Top cola

20150116_150317.jpg
20150116_150329.jpg
20150116_150341.jpg
20150116_150351.jpg
20150116_150401.jpg

Smaller plant (Right Hand Side) From bottom of the pot, 95cm

20150116_150608.jpg

Top Cola

20150116_150637.jpg
20150116_150652.jpg
20150116_150709.jpg
20150116_150714.jpg
20150116_150719.jpg
20150116_150724.jpg

:peace:

Good lord stainless. Stunning. You're getting me excited about my own grow. Interesting how the shorter plant is growing significantly larger colas. One more day stainless.:cheer:

Ok so today when I went up to give them their 6th day of flushing, 2L of water each, PH 6.5. Temps are all ok, really bad snow yesterday but they are contained. I tried again for the trichome pics. Fuck me it's hard lol :rofl: I've got 3, 2 in which you can't see any amber, one you might be able to spot them out a bit, hope use can anyway, there are definitely amber trichs on both plants. I will try again tomorrow before I chop. Also got a few close ups on the buds.

17/01/2015

20150117_131737.jpg
20150117_132010.jpg

Might be able to see some amber spots if you look closely :)

20150117_132047.jpg

Girls 6th day of flushing.

20150117_132133.jpg
20150117_132232.jpg
20150117_132243.jpg
20150117_132729.jpg
20150117_132738.jpg
20150117_132829.jpg
20150117_132842.jpg

Good lord stainless. Stunning. You're getting me excited about my own grow. Interesting how the shorter plant is growing significantly larger colas. One more day stainless.:cheer:

Thanks Sue!! :) Yes the photos do look like that, but the taller plant, the colas are sooooo fat and dense, I actually won't be surprised if the top cola on the taller plant ways over 10g, its huge!

I know, exciting times!! :cheer: :peace:

I always measure mine from the soil level, so right now I did one from the base of the pot (mine sit on top of the SWICK) and my THC Bomb is now 28" high (the pot is 12"). It's just entered into the 7th week. Do you recall when yours began to develop trichomes? I'm anticipating it to begin when it reaches it's peak stature, but I'm so new to this that I really have no idea. I'm curious to see if mine takes longer than your did to get to harvest.

This is all so interesting. What is it about these plants that they become such an obsession for us?

I always measure mine from the soil level, so right now I did one from the base of the pot (mine sit on top of the SWICK) and my THC Bomb is now 28" high (the pot is 12"). It's just entered into the 7th week. Do you recall when yours began to develop trichomes? I'm anticipating it to begin when it reaches it's peak stature, but I'm so new to this that I really have no idea. I'm curious to see if mine takes longer than your did to get to harvest.

This is all so interesting. What is it about these plants that they become such an obsession for us?

7th week, coming along nicely, can't wait to see your buds when they properly develop! Hmm, I can't recall, maybe when the buds were starting to fatten out, I don't think you are too far away :) Yeah I'll definitely be checking out to see how they turn out :)

I think with the next grow I'll be a lot more prepared this time, and I'll be able to take you guys along the way this time, I have got one more THC Bomb seed remaining, definitely doing it again :) :peace:

Dam im jealous man:adore: They look that bit more bulkyer each time i look and just noticed some shade of pinkish bud and leaf. Id say that top cola is a GOOOD bit mor then 10G lol my guess.,. around 55 wet

LOL Thanks Indo! :) I know, they don't stop getting fat, I'm kinda regretting now that I've started to flush, really wish I went an extra week with nutes to get them even bigger, will be doing that next time :) Yeah well on the website, they are supposed to go purple, and when I take them out from the tent, there are definitely shades purple around, look awesome!

Aww man if thats what you reckon that weighs, I'll be so pleased, because looking at all the other buds on that plant, there the same, fat and dense!

Cheers for dropping by! :peace:

I may do another auto run next and include the Bomb. My plan was to run two strains, figure out which one was our favorite and do that strain along with something new for the next grow, continuing like that until I have enough in storage to carry us through a longer photo flowering grow so I can play with some training techniques that can't be done with autos. Now I'm thinking learn to LST autos and stick with them. This quick turnaround is marvelous and I already know we're looking at two hit highs.

Given the tight space I'm confined to I need to be careful with my choices. Although this has become a fascinating hobby, the chief reason I grow is for the husband's meds. It's my responsibility to justify this expense with adequate harvests. It's so easy to get distracted. :laugh:

LOL Thanks Indo! :) I know, they don't stop getting fat, I'm kinda regretting now that I've started to flush, really wish I went an extra week with nutes to get them even bigger, will be doing that next time :) Yeah well on the website, they are supposed to go purple, and when I take them out from the tent, there are definitely shades purple around, look awesome!

Aww man if thats what you reckon that weighs, I'll be so pleased, because looking at all the other buds on that plant, there the same, fat and dense!

Cheers for dropping by! :peace:

There's no reason you couldn't let them go a bit longer stainless. As long as your trichome ratios aren't too amber I'd think about letting them beef up a bit more. Those last couple weeks can make all the difference in yield and it gives you more time to flush. Worth thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom