RheinRover - 1st Grow - Auto - Organic Soil - RQS Royal Jack - Easy Bud - 2015

Noticed the arrow too. Filter should be on opposite side of fan, no?

Glad to be along......will try not to be so picky. lol

:Namaste:

Everything looks great buddy!

If using the iPhone keep volume buttons down.

I trust you're well today

Thank you, I will remember that for next time since I am using an iPhone. Was able to get my hands on some Jack Herrer from a local coffee shop. Really nice smoke and makes me even more excited for my royal jack. Hope you're doing good as well. Enjoy your weekend!

So I am using the fan to extract hot stinky air from the tent and pushing it out through the carbon filter. With having such a small tent I'm not able to have the filter inside. With this set up I'm able to creat a bit of negative pressure which has really cut down on smells and also keeps the temps right around 77*F.

Noticed the arrow too. Filter should be on opposite side of fan, no?

Glad to be along......will try not to be so picky. lol

Happy to have you along! You're not being picky I appreciate the opinions. I know many people us the filters to clean the air before being pumped into the tent. I have a vent on the lower left side that has a nice small holed screen where all my fresh air is sucked in from.

Good morning RheinRover,

The problem to solve is that the filter will get very dirty from the inside where you can't clean without taking it apart (very bad idea). The material on the outside of the filter is to pre-filter the dirt before it clogs up the carbon on the inside. IMHO you may want to set up a similar pre-filter to increase the life of said carbon filter.

Have fun and best of luck....

Good morning RheinRover,

The problem to solve is that the filter will get very dirty from the inside where you can't clean without taking it apart (very bad idea). The material on the outside of the filter is to pre-filter the dirt before it clogs up the carbon on the inside. IMHO you may want to set up a similar pre-filter to increase the life of said carbon filter.

Have fun and best of luck....

Morning John, thanks for the idea. I had never really thought of it that way. Makes sense and a good idea to extend the life of my filter. Now you have my gears turning. Going to see how
I can change up my set up with the limited space I have.

Hey man! Today is a good day. After having to leave the girls for 3 days, I am happy to report they look awesome! Feels like they have doubled in size which truly amazes me. Once my bags are unpacked and I'm settled in I will put up some pictures.

How are you doing? Hope all is well. Excited to head over to your grow and see how things are progressing.

Things are great man! Glad to hear everything was healthy and happy to see you! That's the sign of an accomplished grower. Leave the, and come aback to perfection! Gotta love that!

My garden is crazy! Lots harvested over the last few days. It's been tons of fun!

See ya soon!

Day 19

ROYAL JACK
IMG_065443.JPG
IMG_065539.JPG
IMG_065639.JPG

EASY BUD
IMG_065735.JPG
IMG_065833.JPG
IMG_065939.JPG

Who knew being aways from your plants for 3 days would be so hard. Once I came home dropped off my bags and straight to the grow tent. I gave them a good feeding before I left and came back to nice dry soil. Will water again tonight, now it has been 4 days since last watering. Easy bud is growing nice and strong with Royal Jack holding his own.
A few guys had mentioned how I have my fan and filter set up. After looking at my tent some more I just don't have the room inside to place the filter. In inches my tent is only 24x24, with a MarsHydro 300w up there I just dont have much more space.

A few questions for you guys:
1.I am thinking about toping Easy Bud, should I wait until the 6th node to pinch her off?
2. Do you give nutes at every watering or do a rotation with one being just plain Ph'd water?

Thanks for coming by! :tokin:

A couple of answers of what I do:

1. Top anytime after 3 nodes (but your 6 look great, very tight, just a little taller plant)(I also clone at 3 nodes)
2. I rotate feeding nutes. Sump starts abt 1000 ppm, water and top up w/pure until 200 ppm, then re-mix and start again abt 1000 ppm.

Salt build up and flush time reduced.

However, many feeding routines work well. Somewhat strain specific, somewhat generalized...good luck experimenting.

Ps. PH each and every watering just before watering. A million things can change PH. Blue lab meters are great (the ones you can leave the probes in the water). Beware of 'pens'. Anything you take out of the water WILL eventually dry out......and you get to buy another!

PPs. To solve your fan problem, remove the outer material pre-filter and put it inside the filter to trap incoming dirt before it gets to and clogs the carbon. Clean it often. Filter doesn't need to be inside the tent.

Think outside the (box) tent! lol Put a filter pad outside the air inlet screen.

I'm not so worried about the filter. If I even get 2 grows from it I will have gotten my moneys worth. Believe it or not those little things are already pretty skunk. With having the grow tent in the bedroom if I want to keep the Mrs happy the fan has to be on for the whole time the lights are on. I ended up not giving nutes last night. I wanted to let the soil dry out a little more to help promote more root growth. Today I will give them 1L each

Better late than not at all. Hope you still have room for another Vet to stop in and take a few notes. Thanks for your service and journal. Clean setup and beautiful girls.

Yay Mnt's here!!! :yahoo:

Good day Rover!

I would just like to repeat what John said about your questions. Guy knows his stuff!! I also do an alternate feeding program where I water, feed, water, feed etc. I would like to add thatwhen you add water it's important to get some run off out of the bottom of your pot. wheb I add nutrients I like to water the plant lightly first. Then add nutrients. A little run off is never a bad thing. Because (like John mentioned) this will avoid sodium build up in your pots.

Hope that helps.

:love: :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom