Rizza's 1st Grow Journal Indoor 400W 3x3x6

My mistake - I didn't mean anyone anywhere in the world ever. :cheesygrinsmiley: Just on 420 and other online resources, accessible by anyone.

Oh no dude I wasnt trying to get on your case. Sorry if you felt that way. Doc bud is a amazing grower and all. I wasnt trying to slight anyone by my comment and you are right he is the first to give detailed instructions on this website. I apologize if it came off wrong as that was not my intent.

Oh no dude I wasnt trying to get on your case. Sorry if you felt that way. Doc bud is a amazing grower and all. I wasnt trying to slight anyone by my comment and you are right he is the first to give detailed instructions on this website. I apologize if it came off wrong as that was not my intent.

Nah, I just was thinking, sheesh, ok, Vesuvius and all, but ...

The bud washing thing has been fun to watch as the word travels. It just seems so ... wrong. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You wash it to get rid of dust,pesticides,anything you may have sprayed,dead bugs,pet dander ect... Washing your buds makes them taste better because they will generally cure better and you arent smoking all those random items into your lungs so it isnt so harsh.

Nice, I'll give it a shot here in about 4-5 weeks. Thanks for the reply.

No problem MikeT. Yeah Vesuvius means a lot to Native Italians. Im not specifically sure why they would wash it in ash before washing it but my guess it has/had something to do with religion or at least it seems to sound like some sort of ritual.

Hey guys, new here at 420 so i hope you can work with me. I am also a novice grower as you can clearly tell as to why i am here asking for help. I have a seedling that hopefully is still alive. Its 7 days old today. I had here originally planted in a mix of cocoa fiber and potting soil plus. a 1:1 ratio. I have 2 23w cfls and a 13 w led. all about 3 inches from the seedling. humidity is about 70% and temp is about 70. i did not use any ferts. the first couple days i watered very lightly to keep top soil moist. day 3 i watered well and then watered every other day. i used bottled water. she halted growth on day 3 i believe but was looking extremely pale/yellow the day she shed her shell which was day 2. her root structure is weak and very little. i know this because on day 4 i transplanted her to a 100% cocoa fiber medium. honestly im not really struggling to find something i did wrong because i can name several things but i cant seem to narrow it down to the specific problem. Any HELP?! oh and its safe to say my seedling is dead, correct?
IMG_1346_1_.JPG

Hello gillsags. Welcome to the website! Unfortunately yes that seedling is toast. Was it bagseed? From the looks of it you just got a bad break on the seed as for them to come into the world in that shape is very rare in my experience. Your lights are a tad underpowered for 1 plant but you should net something. day 4 is entirely to early to transplant. I can understand why you did. You saw the young seedling dieing and panicked or at least I think thats what happened. Some folks have the luxury of planting about 100 seeds and then picking the best. Its like you said at this point it really could of been a number of things that caused this but if it came out of the seeds pretty much as it is now then that seed just didnt have the amount of nutrients it needed for the seed to sprout. It happens sometimes. Your temps are ok Id recommend raising them about 4-6 degrees if you can. Feel free to come by my journal. Stay awhile and visit. I put a lot of useful things there and you will get to meet a lot of the regulars who frequent the site. Im very sorry about the seedling and hope I get the chance to help you in the future. Take care

I appreciate the input and warm welcome! I ordered the seeds from Herbie's. I originally didn't want to go through them but i heard a lot of great reviews on them. The actual seed i had received looked very immature compared to the rest. I will definitely be checking out your grow journals along with new places for seeds. i really wanna get a hold of some clones but i don't think that's really possible for me.

I love herbies. Its rare that they would send a bad seed but it could happen. A different forum I belong to the lady ordered seeds and 3 of them grew tomatoes according to her. Which I guess I believe her I find it hard to believe that type of mistake is made though.

Holy shit... Yeah that is pretty hard to believe. I suppose its very possible but a very foolish mistake as well. I couldn't image caring for them just to find out they were tomato plants!

Soooo...I broke open one of the seeds i bought, that did not germinate, and guess what was inside? nothing! there was literally nothing but a seed shell! now, i know i may be new and all but uh...aren't there suppose to be SOMETHING in there?!

Yes of course there should. There was no hole in the shell and it wasnt cracked at all? Gillsags I just posted new pictures. You are invited to my journal.

I saw it here first. Mind blown. Bud Washing.

@Doc Bud text too oddly ness. -I said that.

True godliness does not turn men out of the world, but enables them to live better in it and excites their endeavors to mend it. -William Penn.

...Cannabis does that for me.

There was no hole nor did it ever crack. i remember it being the first one to sink as well. Ill check out your journals @SmokerJoe

Very unusual. Well have you resewn yet?

Yes I spelled it wrong I know the correct spelling I just didnt think of it then. Thanks for pointing it out though. Take care

Back
Top Bottom