THC Bomb - 1000W MH/HPS Air-Cooled - Oxyponics Pro Six - 5x5 Indoor

gardener

In this thread I plan to document: seed germination, vegetative growth, flowering, cloning, harvest, drying, manicuring, curing, then finally the finished produce.

Strain: Bomb Seeds' "THC Bomb Feminized" ... successfully delivered to US address from Herbies Head Shop (current 420magazine sponsor)
bombseeds_thcbomb_01.JPG
bombseeds_thcbomb_03.JPG

Germinating seeds using rockwool plugs in a dome, then switching to a small aeroponic cloning system, all under four 2' T5 HO 6500°K florescent lamps.
004_germination_dome.JPG
005_aeroponic_cloner.JPG

1000 watt air-cooled: MH during grow, HPS during bloom. Using the Gas Lantern Routine for light timing.
006_air-cooled_light.JPG

Hydroponics by way of Stealth Hydro's "Oxyponics Pro Six" (customized with threaded connections on all hoses and the addition of an in-line pump for draining the "control bucket").
oxynomi.jpg
oxy_xtrol_sized.jpg
full6_main.jpg
empty6_main.jpg

Feeding with Advanced Nutrients' Sensi Grow during growth stage and Sensi Bloom during flowering. System flush/fill weekly.

5x5 grow tent (I regret not springing for a Gorilla Grow Tent)

This will be my second grow; I hope it goes better than the first.​

Re: THC Bomb, 1kW MH/HPS air-cooled, Oxyponics Pro Six, 5x5 indoor

This is the same setup (with some minor yet important changes) that I used last year for my first grow ever. For that, my one and only previous grow, I started from clones. My plants had enormous roots and strong growth.

By the time I learned that I wasn't properly draining the system during flush/fill, it was too late.

Although I had attached my drain hose to an added submersible pump inside the reservoir, I failed to attach the needed additional in-line pump to the control bucket for draining the six grow sites. I was neglecting to drain close to 15 gallons of water with uneaten nutrients every week. I add around 70 gallons of water to the system; roughly 45 in the reservoir and another 20 in the grow sites and control bucket that sit inside the tent, so about 20% of what should have been drained was being left behind. This weekly accumulation of nutrients turned the leaves and buds dry, brown and brittle. The potency was greatly diminished.

This time the system will be ready. I've tested my flushing set-up, and it works as expected. All cracks and leaks have been mended or clamped. Tomorrow I will fill the reservoir and run the entire setup, including lights and fans, for 24 hours. I'll finish by draining the system. If everything goes as hoped I'll likely germinate my seeds next weekend.

You say THC Bomb is a controversial strain? How so? ...I plan on soaking them today.

I just dropped ten seeds (though one of them is crushed) in a ceramic cup of warm water. I set a ceramic plate on top to keep in any heat and block light. Tomorrow I hope to see taproots emerging, at which point I'll transfer them to rockwool plugs and set in the cloner to mature until ready for the 1kW light.
007_soaking_seeds.JPG

Two days after soaking my ten feminized THC Bomb seeds I saw taproots in seven of them, and placed those in rockwool plugs inside a dome. One seed had been crushed in transport and the remaining two continue to soak.

I'll be watching for growth of any kind over the next few days, and am most anxious to see root development.

If I don't end up with at least six viable plants, I may either grow a mother to clone from, or simply grow the plants I do have to the point I can clone from them.

One week after taking the seeds out of their package and dropping them in a cup of water: still only three sprouts, although the taproot of a fourth seedling is reaching out. Three other seedlings have split, but their taproots have not yet extended; the remaining two seeds show no signs of life.

009_sprouts.JPG

When I see significant lateral root development I will move them to the aeroponic cloner.

008_sprout.JPG

Looking pretty! Ive seen several grow logs of thc bomb and some turn out amazing and some turn out iffy :p

I've only grown once before and with mixed results, so as a relatively inexperienced grower I'm searching to learn as much as I can the easy way reading here at 420magazine.com before I have to learn the hard way in the grow room. ...again.

That first grow's obvious weak point had been a flawed (incomplete) system flush/fill every week, causing severe nute-burn.

This grow's weak point may be that I'm using leftover nutrients instead of the new & improved version of my nutrient product which eliminates the need to check pH.

They look very healthy! So far I'm 1 for 4 germing the Bomb, and also got chunks in my seed pack. Two failed to even crack. Hope she's worth the hassle :)

So far I've had three sprout an inch, and one sprout 1/4 inch. None of the rest show any new growth. So if I'm lucky: I'm 4 for 9.

Since my system is set for six grow sites,and since I may only have four young plants, I have to decide whether to pick one to keep as a mother or just veg the 3 or 4 I do have until they're big enough to cut clones from.

So far I've had three sprout an inch, and one sprout 1/4 inch. None of the rest show any new growth. So if I'm lucky: I'm 4 for 9.

Since my system is set for six grow sites,and since I may only have four young plants, I have to decide whether to pick one to keep as a mother or just veg the 3 or 4 I do have until they're big enough to cut clones from.

You sound like you have a good handle on it all, and I'm sure you will be fine, going in whatever direction you choose. You could top 2 or 3 of them next week, and then clone the cuttings, which would put them ~ 2-3 weeks behind, depending on how long it takes them to root.

I have a cutting from the one I just pushed into flower, and she seems to be taking, but I don't yet see roots coming out of the wool. This is my first run with them, so I can't say how difficult they are to clone.

I not yet learned much about the strain, as she's given me no reason yet to research, but....
I've been caring for my THCbomb normally, and so far, she's doing well. She is responsive to defoliation, in a positive way. I took almost all of her fans, and she's bushing and branching up a bit. Next run, I would take them all, one week prior to 12/12, as I can tell she didn't like it much when I took the last two, almost a week into flower. She did nothing for a day. I wanted to see the baseline growth pattern, before anything else. That's all I know so far. I'll have some pics up tonight if you want to check it out. :peace::Namaste:

Edit, also using Sensi Bloom. Loving it so far.

Twelve days after first soaking nine seeds: four sprouts.

010_four_sprouts.JPG

I now have four plantlings in the aeroponic cloner in just under two weeks after soaking nine THC Bomb Feminized seeds.

The roots will love the cloner.

012_plantling_roots.JPG

When these four get big enough I may either choose to take clones from them until I have six plantlings to put in the grow room; or simply pick the best one to use as a mother, and take the six clones from her. The second option, I think, offers the advantage of verifying sex and vigor.

013_four_plantlings_in_cloner.JPG

14_cloner_under_dome.JPG

Day 18 from seed...

From the start I have had the lights set to 12 on / 5.5 off / 1 on / 5.5 off. Humidity is over 80%.

015_plantling.JPG

016_plantling.JPG

Day 19 from seed

017_seedlings.JPG

Back
Top Bottom