5x5 Tent - 1KW Air-Cooled - Oxyponics - First Grow

I think if you veg them 10-20 days then do flower youll end up with about the right size by harvest time.

Just dont be afraid to train and trim the plants as you see best.

But yeah that Chem D plant of mine is a monster. Lights actually fell on it breaking the main trunk in half but it kept growing not even 1 day of shock.

So you got any idea where you gonna get your clones from?

Replies:

1. A lot of equipment in a small space, I agree. I even thought about adding a dehumidifier! The equipment shrinks my 5x5 to 3½x5.

2. CHHC-4, huh? Thanks for responding. But later the Iponic? Why not just another Sentinel? What more processes did you automate? I only need three by my count: lights, AC, CO2. Perhaps humidity as a fourth.

Thanks.
The chhc 4 is a wonderful unit and wiil do what you are looking for with ease. It produced great results for me. I had the same footprint as you and produced 1 lb and 2 oz's on my first grow using this controller. Since this is just a hobby for me, I can utilize a unit that also looks after lighting, emails me alerts, and will automatically lower temps when CO runs out. The iponic makes a better babysitter so to speak. A cannibis plant grows best under certain conditions and the more you can make your controlled environment match the plants optimal growing conditions, the "happier" the plant will be. A lot of growers have spent years of trial and error perfecting these processes in order to get the most out of their available footprint. These controllers are not required, but do help make the process easier. You will also find even with the controller, you will still need to maintain a minute negative pressure in order to keep the smell from entering your home. Without the controller you can do fine as well. Just put your light on a timer, pull air from the tent through your filter to the light and then through the fan to outside your grow area. Temps inside the tent will remain ambient and you will naturally pull co2 into the tent. Probably between 300 to 400 ppm. 1200 to 1500 ppm is optimal. My advice would be to take some time and read what others on this site are doing as this site will be your biggest asset. Their knowledge will by far surpass a controllers influence. From cloning to growing mediums, to lighting schedules, to ph, to nutes to clearing nutes at harvest, curing etc. It will be time well spent when you are sharing some yield with a friend and your friend tells you it is the best they have ever tried.

Constant negative pressure? Hmm.

My light is sealed air-cooled with its own fan bringing air from out the tent through the light then back out the tent.

My filter is hooked to the intake of the AC and will only produce negative pressure in my tent when the air is being cooled.

Also I'm using compressed CO2, so I hesitate to vacuum that expensive air out.

I see what you're saying, though. This is why I started my journal so early. I guess I'll also have to filter the air outside the tent.

Back
Top Bottom