Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5 Tent

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Lets hope the smell changes with the cure.
Ya let's hope as its the main haul I'll be smoking for a while.

Glad that I know now where to look before investing in genetics. Before I based it on breeder information and while this grows as stated and it technically is 'citrus' I didn't know about the 'rotten grapefruit' pheno until reading some folks grow and smoke reports.
I think it was once described as having a slightly spoiling fruit smell and thats pretty spot on.
Heck today already it just smells like grapefruit.

Plenty of good stuff to grow now. Did my homework and should love nearly everything we have including the freebies.

Have 2 more AI beans. I can't wait for that and the Dark Plasma clones, but for the moment really curious about the autos...my thought is if there is still a potency issue, if im smoking only Autos for a couple of months my tolerance will match.

Cheers Pennywise, getting closer to the end of this journal and I'm glad you were here with us!

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Nice! Good job!
Thanks Stony!
Hope all is well over there. Ill pop over.
One left,
Dry, cure, smoke report and meantime hope that you will join me for the Autocannabonanza (ill link the journal its up already)

Just need some room!

Final harvest for this grow but first I want to talk about the AK monster.

Aurora Indica comes down after 71 days plus 1 in the dark.

I don't feel comfortable leaving her in the dark longer lol. I know folks do it but... Its so damn humid without the HID on...can't swing dehumidifier yet.

I had hoped to get 3 ounces from my middle plant.

Nope.

5.5 ounces of smokeable bud from her. Looks like another 13g of larf, likely a quarter of trimmings, not many trichomes on leaves of that one.

Since the buds were so airy its hard to say what is larfy and not which sucks but I just weighed what I will smoke. The rest can be used for conncetrates.

I can tell it needed more light.

The Aurora was perfect save for seeds. It loved that amount of light. Dense hard frosty buds. Nothing like the others.
My thought is the Afghan genetics.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

The Aurora is an awesome strain, always stands out it seems. .

WOW!!! Fantastic grow Pheno, nice job! Those colas are awesome!
Thanks so much Agemon!

I appreciate the help along the way!

Can't wait looks like many of us are getting ready, or just started a great fall season.

The Aurora is an awesome strain, always stands out it seems. .
I'm very impressed as she made the rest of the garden look like schwag lol no not really but close.
Truth be told it's all excellent smoke but looks wise... I can't wait to see what she has to offer. Such a sweet fruit punch smell.

Just an update so you know, the trichomes had an odd variation compared to the other plants.
Some were turning dark red, nearly black. Mainly on the sugar leaves.

From what I have found, this is maybe an environmental issue? Maybe humidity, and they are simply amber with another broken down chemical that I can't recall. Cytokynins? I'm sure I've got that wrong but little info about it.

Anyway, I pulled her when the middle/lower were showing amber and at least milky.

The tops where about 20 percent amber/red. There were no red trichomes beneath the top canopy.

Im sure you've seen this before?

And thanks Pennywise for the help this grow! It has been a great experience.

So I guess I got lucky to get one seed as a freebie! :slide:
Note to self: Pop that seed soon and don't forget to take clones! :)
:)
I like the idea of how clean the genetics are...not too highly hybridized.
I don't know much, but I think it would be a great starting plant to breed with.

Thanks for the help and joining me on this ride Dinsdale!

Thanks so much Agemon!

I appreciate the help along the way!

Can't wait looks like many of us are getting ready, or just started a great fall season.

I gotta a new tent today, new light coming soon. Im stoked!!! Its gonna be a super frosty xmas in southern CA!!!

I gotta a new tent today, new light coming soon. Im stoked!!! Its gonna be a super frosty xmas in southern CA!!!
Excellent!
Man, can't wait!
I used to live near San Diego. Not sure if you are that far south or not.
ya, twice for a few months only each time but I loved it there.

Cant wait for your next grow now.
Lol, me either.

Its so strange to not have something to do on a timer...

Phenoman,

Congratulations on your successful grow. All your plants looked great!

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the AI...she's a beaut. See, all the worry during this journey was for not...your destination has arrived.

Take care and good luck on your Auto grow...

Excellent!
Man, can't wait!

I'm about 2.5 hours from Pacific Beach / La Jolla, near the Metropolis of Hipsters aka Palm Springs...

Phenoman,

Congratulations on your successful grow. All your plants looked great!

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the AI...she's a beaut. See, all the worry during this journey was for not...your destination has arrived.

Take care and good luck on your Auto grow...
Thanks CannaCountry for the kind words and well wishes!

Feels great... However can't wait for the next one!

Reee... sult!!!
Ok so some quick near final pics, summary and then I will write up a little review to remind myself of the important lessons later on the PC.

First of all huge success regardless of any metric.

I made it to harvest with some good herb!!

I grew enough to save us well over what I paid for the equipment and power used.
The time however... Not really but it's a hobby :)

I am not too worried about weight because of the aforementioned seeds but just as a curiosity:

Iced Grapefruit... Shoot I can't find my notes on this one and we smoked a lot of her already.
I want to say 1.5 ounces total.
AK4 was 5.5 ounces +1 larf/trim
Ak5 was 2.5 ounces +1 larf/trim
Aurora was 2.6 ounces +1 larf/trim

All in all roughly 12 (seeded) ounces with enough trim and larf for a few grams of concentrates.

Even though there are seeds I was curious. Can't really call it a usuable metric until I do a good sensi run:)
1.jpg
2.jpg

Excellent!
Man, can't wait!

North East near Palm Springs.

NICE HARVEST DUDE!!!

Ard you doing another journal for your next run?

Back
Top Bottom