Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

Re: Gr8ful, soil, Blue Mystic, N.L., Aurora Indica

Its true, when looking at them day to day, its hard to notice growth. Their looking good though.

420_Mag_00111.JPG

Blue Mystic #5

420_Mag_00211.JPG

BM#1 The top two may not look like it but they are around 7 inches tall. Grew about an inch over the last 2 days!

420_Mag_00311.JPG

BM#2

420_Mag_00410.JPG

NL#5

420_Mag_00510.JPG

BM#4

420_Mag_00611.JPG

BM#3

420_Mag_0078.JPG

NL#2

420_Mag_0088.JPG

NL#3

420_Mag_0097.JPG

NL#1

420_Mag_0106.JPG

Aurora Indica #1 Leaves continue to get more brown down low. Not sure if lack of light, nutes or whatever. The plant is so dense she can not possibly get light to the lower part of the plant.

420_Mag_0116.JPG

NL#4

420_Mag_0125.JPG

AI#2

Starting to think it is time to start bending some of these beauties, will keep an eye on and try to figure out which ones to bend this week. Seems like the bigger ones are definitley veggingand starting some vertical growth. Still nervous about nutes but think I will continue to give them a weak dose, just wondering if I should hit the Auroras with some soon or not. They are about 3 weeks old now and starting tobrown over a bit down low.

You ever consider using some OC+ or Dynamite?

Hash Hound, I have started using General Organics nutes, would i use OC+ or Dynamite in addition to the G.O. nutes or instead of G.O. I am not tied to any one product or another and will look at anything. Do you think it would help my plants?

Any input is appreciated. I have been really careful not to use too much food right now as I dont want to mess the ladies up. Taking it slow, just fed them twice so far and used straight R.O. water in between. I need to water in the next 12 hours or so. so it is time for nutes if I go with food every other watering.
:peace:

What kind of soil are you using? And how long ago did they break ground? Also, what's your pH?

If you mean on the Aurora Indicas HempRocket, they broke ground on 2/9 but the others broke ground on 1/27.

I used Fox Farm Light Warrior seed starters and so the AI's are probably as far along as the Blue Mystics and Northern Lights when they got burned. When I realized, with the help of you guys, that the BM's and NL's had nute burn I immediately transplanted them, and the Aurora's with a new mix of 1/3 Fox Farms Light Warrior, 1/3 Pro Mix and 1/3 Perlite.

PH was right on with my little tester last tiI checked. I will check it again.

When did you transplant into bigger pots? Oh so the nute burn is from before? Gotcha.

I probably transplanted 10 days or so ago. So the Aurora Indica may be just getting the burn as it took a few weeks for th eNL and BM's to get it. I transplanted the AI a few days after they popped as I thought they may get burned and I wanted the roots to get into some less hot mix asap. The Norther Lights and Blue Mystic were burned prior to transplant but since I have hit them with a little weak mix of nutes. I watered today with 100% RO water which is the 2nd time in a row. I gave them weak nutes twice and did straifght RO in between.

Most first time grower problems are usually due to the 3 of the following:

1. Over fertilization
2. Over watering
3. pH being off.

I would suggest not to feed them yet. The soil should have enough nutes until at least flowering.

Most first time grower problems are usually due to the 3 of the following:

1. Over fertilization
2. Over watering
3. pH being off.

I would suggest not to feed them yet. The soil should have enough nutes until at least flowering.

I would second that - FFOF and LW have a lot of nutes. If the leaves on the bottom start to slightly and evenly begin to yellow then add the nutes. Just a suggestion.

:goodluck:

Thats what I was trying to tell you before, thers plenty of nutes in the soil mix. I would just focus on the envirnment and providing them with proper ph'ed water. Somtimes, I add a drop or two of Superthrive after transplanting though.

I did not add nutes last night for that reason. I had yellowing of the leaves and browning of the leaves so I was not sure if it was a nute burn or deficiency. I never fed the Auroras but they are starting to burn on lower leaves, in fact this morning they look like shite. The tops are ok but the leaves down low are getting worse. I think it is probably about the same time frame that the original 10 started to show signs of nute burn. Just weird that they grew so well for 3 weeks before getting cooked. Go figure.

I will lay off the nutes till flowering now. Thanks guys!

Gr8

You plants look fine in the pics. If you are concerned about the nutes, I don't think it would hurt to top dress with some CRF's and work it into the soil. I have been following Doc's threads for most of the advice I get about CRF's and growing in general. His plants are always awesome.

Im guessing the roots grew into a new area where there was too much nuitrients built up. Maybe you should flush the soil a little to clear out any built up nutes. That may help. Adding nutes ussually adds to the problem, especially if there is lockout going on or too much nutes. Lets see what others think, but if you decide to flush, you should use about 3x the volume of your pots of ph"ed water.

Lets see what others think, but if you decide to flush, you should use about 3x the volume of your pots of ph"ed water.

Cool NEPharmer, thanks, that is good to know. When I water I tend to just add enough to let it drain out the bottom. So maybe I should flush them as I never had.

So if I am in 2 gallon pots I should flush them with 6 gallons of PH'd H2O?

420_mag_00112.JPG

420_mag_00212.JPG

I have a question for you all about when I transplant next. The black buckets are 14 inches across and 12 inches high 7 gallon pots (actual 6+ gallons but they call the 7 Gallon). The Orange buckets are 5 gallon which are 12 inches across and 15 inches high.

I went with the 7 gallon as the guy at the store said i would have to water less which is fairly important to me as I go out of town sometimes from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. I would think that the 5 gallon would be better as the roots could grow down further and my untrained brain would tell me that growing deeper would allow the plants to grow taller?

Any advice here? I have an 8 foot ceiling with 1,000 watt lights and I do plan on training them to keep them low but I do want the best growth possible as I am trying to yield the most possible out of the 12 plants I am allowed to grow for my Med card.

Thanks!

IMO, the bigger the pot the better. I only used these buckets because I already had them. I try to use what I already have for my grows to keep the costs as low as I can. Just remember that those 7 Gal pots will be heavy when you water so if you have to move them (carry them) around, they will be heavy but by all means, they will give your babies lots of room to grow.

HempRocket gave me this advice from a comment I made on his Journal. Thanks bro!

I should not need to move them far Hemp, as my flower room is 5 feet wide and 13 feet long so I figure I will just need to turn them a bit to give them even light all the way around:) At least I hope, I have metal rods in my back and hardware all over my broken body. If I need to move them far I may need to consume more meds:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom