Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

Re: Gr8ful, soil, Blue Mystic, N.L., Aurora Indica

420_Mag_0018.JPG

Side view. They do not look all that impressive when you step back a bit! I raised the lights to get this shot.

420_Mag_0028.JPG

These are my 3 tallest, I think they are all Blue Mystic, not sure as I just moved them around. The one in the middle could be Northern Lights.

420_Mag_0038.JPG

420_Mag_0047.JPG

2 Aurora's in front and BM#4 in back

420_Mag_0057.JPG

I hope my garden is worthy of this sign someday!

420_Mag_0068.JPG

Is it bad to have my T-5 at an angle so I can try to keep the lights 3 inches over the plant? Or should I just keep them 2-3 inches over the tallest ones and have the light fixture perfectly horizontal?

I do the same thing with my flouros, thats fine. It will give them better light to each. Good job!

Cool, thanks brother:)

When would be a good time to start bending / LST? I would like to try that with 1/2 my ladies to see how it goes.

Here's a link to a post that gives a nice photo overview and I think he said 2-4 days before flip to 12/12 - Hope it helps.

LST - Setting Sun

Gr8ful, If you lst the stem to much and it bends in half, just support the branch with a stick.

Here's a link to a post that gives a nice photo overview and I think he said 2-4 days before flip to 12/12 - Hope it helps.

Thanks Pop Kulture, that helps a lot:)

The link below is a good example too. It is from another website so it may not show up here but it is from indoormarijuanaseeds.com

LST Low stress training of cannabis seeds plants

Gr8ful, If you lst the stem to much and it bends in half, just support the branch with a stick.

Thanks Placerville, I read that somewhere else too I think. Funny as it is kind of like you would do to a human if they broke a limb as well:)

Thanks Pop Kulture, that helps a lot:)

The link below is a good example too. It is from another website so it may not show up here but it is from indoormarijuanaseeds.com

LST Low stress training of cannabis seeds plants

Thanks Placerville, I read that somewhere else too I think. Funny as it is kind of like you would do to a human if they broke a limb as well:)

Here is another link you might find useful. LST - How to do

Here is another link you might find useful. LST - How to do

Thanks Pop Kulture, that was exactly what I was looking for. In Jorges book he never references LST, he calls it bending in his book. Obviously same thing but it seems like it is less stressful to the plants than FIM, topping, etc, hence the name Low Stress Training:)

Seeing some progress today, they are filling out more and more each day. Those Auroras have some seriously tight nodes and are progressing quite nicley. 3 of my blue Mystics are about 4 &1/2 inches high with 3-4 sets of nodes. When I walk in the veg room I am greeted with that familiar stink that we all know and love. I am cautiosly optimistic that my room design will help keep the stink down in the house, right now you can not smell anything until you take a step or two inside the room:)

I'm dealing with some stinkey plants right now. It's weird, I've been growing the same strain for a while, and I never had to deal with this problem. I have to guess that it's due to growing organic this time, as that is the big differance. I don't have a carbon filter, yet, so I had to go with some Ona gel in front of a fan. I hope that works, I'll proberly rig up a diy bucket with the ona today.

Thanks Pop Kulture, that was exactly what I was looking for. In Jorges book he never references LST, he calls it bending in his book. Obviously same thing but it seems like it is less stressful to the plants than FIM, topping, etc, hence the name Low Stress Training:)

Yeah, I wonder how far you can really go with LST. I was never able to find out if tall saliva stains respond well to LST or is it a waste of time. So many awesome strains grow 5ft or higher and I don't want to waste time/money on seeds that I don't have the height to grow. If you come across any threads/posts that go into this issue, let me know.

:thanks:
:peacetwo:

You can train or LST like crazy on any strain really, just do it when they are still bendable. You could manitulate Sativa strains to stay low by wrapping them around the pot, also, triggering early will keep them fairly short.

You can train or LST like crazy on any strain really, just do it when they are still bendable. You could manitulate Sativa strains to stay low by wrapping them around the pot, also, triggering early will keep them fairly short.

I have read that it does not make sense to fim/top/lst strains like Northern Lights because its a single cola with little side budding...I think that was Jorge book. Supposedly tall sativas just do not respond well to over doing the LST, but I have never seen a journal/post that "test" the idea. Yes, you can do it but it may negatively impact yield.

I am going to be growing super lemon haze and utopia haze, both are supposed to be med/tall strains. I will have to LST, so it should be an interesting experience.

:peacetwo:

What I mean is, you can bend the Sativas to maximise light, also single cola's can be bent to get better light as well. Especially if your working in a small space or using CFL's.

I'm dealing with some stinkey plants right now. It's weird, I've been growing the same strain for a while, and I never had to deal with this problem. I have to guess that it's due to growing organic this time, as that is the big differance. I don't have a carbon filter, yet, so I had to go with some Ona gel in front of a fan. I hope that works, I'll proberly rig up a diy bucket with the ona today.

Let me know how the Ona Gel works for you, I am worried about any smell escaping so I may need to act fast if it suddenly arises. I am hoping the carbon filter and my multi door barriers will help or eliminate the smell. I have a lot of people that come over from time to time and they would almost certainly know what it is if the stank escaped. But God do I love that stank!
:peace:

I saw a few good treads on diy ona odor buckets, very cheap and easy to build. You carbon filter should be fine though.

What I mean is, you can bend the Sativas to maximise light, also single cola's can be bent to get better light as well. Especially if your working in a small space or using CFL's.

I planted a Blue Dream (15" tall) on a 45 degree angle and then train to grow horizonal (outside but have done similar inside). the main stalk was 8 ft horizonal to ground and side branches were 6 ft. tall.

Wow, impressive, I've been thinking of doing something like that outdoors. Keep it low, like 1-2ft off the ground and use hooks to run along hurizontally.

I planted a Blue Dream (15" tall) on a 45 degree angle and then train to grow horizonal (outside but have done similar inside). the main stalk was 8 ft horizonal to ground and side branches were 6 ft. tall.

Nice Placerville, that is utilizing the whole plant! You NoCal dudes are creative:) A couple of my bro's out in Tahoe hoisted 5 gallon buckets into trees to hide their plants, I thought that was pretty stealthy.

Back
Top Bottom