Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

Re: Gr8ful, soil, Blue Mystic, N.L., Aurora Indica

Heat at 80 to 84 might be a bit high bro. Bring a fan in and get it closer to 70-75 F.

Also the actual room temperature is usually between 70-75 degree'e. When the line / tube from the lights cooling fan popped a hole to raise the temp in the flower room the veg room max temp reached 78 degrees. 84 was the max that the plants probably felt as the sensor is under the lights right about at plant level and a fan was blowing on them at all times.

I am hoping in the next few months my wife gets her card too so I can have 24 total plants between the 2 of us. I think that would enable me to have a nice perpetual garden. Gettin my schooling done now so I can dial it in over the next few months and figure out how to make this as fruitful as possible:)
:peace:

With your space, that would be great. Is it a long process to get a card there?

With your space, that would be great. Is it a long process to get a card there?

With a Doctor referral you can start buying from a dispensary and or have your caregiver start growing for you within 15 days I believe. The law is cloudy on if that is business days or calendar days so everybody waits 20 days. Theoretically I am my own caregiver and can have up to 5 patients and grow a total of 72 plants at a time. You can possess 2.5 ounces of dry and cured / usable MJ per patient at a time too. I have 1 friend that definitley would qualify but I do not really want him to suspect where I am growing. Although I used to go and take care of his plants when he was gone 10 years ago. But he has since gotten married and the wife wont let him grow. So I may have the potential to do 36 at a time with some sort of comfort level as he is a pretty close friend that does have the ability to keep his mouth shut.

I hear you, it's a good idea that your being extra careful. Thats the safest way!

Most of the plants are starting to look better, the Northern lights are starting to show some deep purple colors at the center of the tops. I saw this peek out a bit last week but a few minutes ago it was very prevelant. Blue Mystics are looking much better too. The Aurora's have looked good all along, keeping my fingers crossed. I will try to take some more pictures this afternoon.

Most of the plants are starting to look better, the Northern lights are starting to show some deep purple colors at the center of the tops. I saw this peek out a bit last week but a few minutes ago it was very prevelant. Blue Mystics are looking much better too. The Aurora's have looked good all along, keeping my fingers crossed. I will try to take some more pictures this afternoon.

Glad to hear things are getting better. :cheer:

I looked at my notes from my last grow and the Nirvana NLs were one of the strains that had no problems with full strength nutes. Also, that deep purple is a blueberry pheno and out of 4 NLs I grew, one had this trait...very nice indeed! Sweet blueberry smell and smooth taste. The high was not as couch locked as the other NLs, but still very enjoyable. In fact, I'm going to enjoy some right now!

:bong:
:peacetwo:

I looked at my notes from my last grow and the Nirvana NLs were one of the strains that had no problems with full strength nutes. Also, that deep purple is a blueberry pheno and out of 4 NLs I grew, one had this trait...very nice indeed! Sweet blueberry smell and smooth taste. The high was not as couch locked as the other NLs, but still very enjoyable. In fact, I'm going to enjoy some right now!

Schweet Pop Kulture, I hope mine work out as well as yours. Nothing wrong with a little Blueberry action! I hope they are rebounding, looks like most are. I am going to hit the really weak looking ones with nutes on the next watering to see what happens. I will proceed with maybe a light dose of nutes for the healthier ones to try to coddle them a bit. Glad your experience with the NL from Nirvana could take full nutes, mine and yours are probably related so I will let you know what happens!

I have not been able to get any pic's to update, will in the next day or two. My little ladies are looking a lot better. I still have a few that do not look as good as others but they are starting to grow a little vertically and throwing off a little familiar odor:)

I was just reading somewhere that the seedling stage can last 4-6 weeks which makes me think maybe mine are just starting to get into veg mode. My babies are just shy of 4 weeks from popping out of the dirt so I think I may be entering a new stage with them. Still debating on nutes for all of them but will definitley hit a few of the weaker ones with some food. The nicer looking one have a lot going on as far as development goes, new sets of leaves and other growth they have not exhibited in the first few weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, Day 1 Veg is when they grow around 3 or 4 nodes. (about a week or so after showing themselves)

Thanks Hemp, I am still trying to figure everythig out obviously, but get closer everyday with your help! I hope to get some more photos up tonight or tomorrow sometime.

420_Mag_0067.JPG

Northern Lights #1

420_Mag_0075.JPG

NL#2

420_Mag_0085.JPG

NL#3 Showing some purple at the top:)

420_Mag_0094.JPG

NL#4 This was the one that was not doing so well from the get go.

420_Mag_0103.JPG

NL#5

420_Mag_0113.JPG

Blue Mystic #1

420_Mag_0122.JPG

BM#2

420_Mag_0131.JPG

BM #3

420_Mag_014.JPG

BM#4 She was a little weak out of the gate too.

420_Mag_015.JPG

BM#5

420_Mag_016.JPG

Aurora Indica #1 These two ladies have looked pretty darn good all along (Fingers crossed).

420_Mag_017.JPG

AI#2

So out of my original 10 (5 Blue Mystic and 5 Northern Lights) I think I have 6 that are doing a lot better than before, starting to see signs of Vegetative growth stage coming on. The other 4 are still a little stunted and could be doing better. The 2 AI babies are doing awesome in my opinion, I am trying not to over think things anymore and just let them grow. I hit the 4 weakest plants with 1/4 strength nutes for early veg plants according to the feeding schedule for General Organics. I then diluted it again in half to give the 6 healthiest a 1/8 solution of the nutes. The 2 AI got straight water as they seem to be doing fine. I am going to keep an eye on my 4 weak plants and make an executive decision on whether or not to keep them going. I am thinking if I just start some new ones it will help me get on a schedule for having a perpetual garden which is my ultimate goal. I am hoping I can have 1 healthy mother for each strain and get to cloning or at least experimenting with it as I learn.

Th
ats cool, it sounds like their bouncing back! Good job!

Thanks NEPharmer, I appreciate it. I still think i have some struggling kids here but for my first grow I am gonna be a little easier on myself. I think that I am learning an aweful lot and will only get better on my next one. I think I may have stunted them out of the gate by under watering them. I looked at the common mistakes made by first time growers and probably went too far in the other direction on the watering front!

It happens, but it's all part of the learning curve. Your in better shape than alot of first timers, and the youngins seem to be bouncing back. They should start growing like crazy pretty soon, I look forward to watching your babies move through life and reward you with a bountiful harvest.:tokin:
Hey, this is my 420th post, I'll smoke to that!:slide::party:

I think I may have stunted them out of the gate by under watering them. I looked at the common mistakes made by first time growers and probably went too far in the other direction on the watering front!

Yeah, i can relate to that...I was fearful of over watering and it led me to under watering...DOH! About half way thru my first grow I picked up a $10 Thirsty Light - an LED soil moisture alert probe. I stopped having the under watering problem after that. Once you get a feel for weight of the pots you won't need it as much.

Looking good!
:goodjob:
:peacetwo:

Yeah, i can relate to that...I was fearful of over watering and it led me to under watering...DOH! About half way thru my first grow I picked up a $10 Thirsty Light - an LED soil moisture alert probe. I stopped having the under watering problem after that. Once you get a feel for weight of the pots you won't need it as much.

Cool Pop Kulture, I will look for one of those too. I am wondering if I should be looking for something to test the soils temperature too. Although I know my veg rooms temperature is in the 70-75 degrees (not under the lights which is a little warmer) so I would think that my soil should be close to the same range. My pots are sitting in a flat to catch the run off water and the flats are sitting on insulation sheets to keep the stuff from tipping over and for insulation purposes. I will definitley get a thirsty light as that is something I am struggling with. I try to feel the water weight in the pots but I know I need to water sometimes when I can still feel water in the soil.

hi gr8ful. overall it looks like they'll all be fine. they survived seedling mode.
i also grew aurora indica and blue mystic. both were awesome. my only regret was i didnt veg long enough for a good yeild. i only veg'd for 2 weeks.
the aurora was so sweet and a heavy indica high. so was the mystic but the aurora was best. flowers fast. 50 days of 12/12 before harvest.
veg. for long time.:goodluck:

I try to feel the water weight in the pots but I know I need to water sometimes when I can still feel water in the soil.

One of the other things it took me a while to get handle on was how tightly I packed the soil into the pots. It impacts weight, water retention, length of time it takes for soil to dry, etc. I had 30 plants and it was something that took me a couple transplantings to get a good feel for it.

hi gr8ful. overall it looks like they'll all be fine. they survived seedling mode.
i also grew aurora indica and blue mystic. both were awesome. my only regret was i didnt veg long enough for a good yeild. i only veg'd for 2 weeks.
the aurora was so sweet and a heavy indica high. so was the mystic but the aurora was best. flowers fast. 50 days of 12/12 before harvest.
veg. for long time.

Hi Sully, sounds good, I can see the Aurora's look pretty healthy and I figured they would be my go to girl for my chronic pain relief! Thank you for dropping it and will definitley try to veg longer. I figure I will let some go longer than others as I want to harvest them 1 at a time. Also gonna try LST as soon as they are ready on some of them.

One of the other things it took me a while to get handle on was how tightly I packed the soil into the pots. It impacts weight, water retention, length of time it takes for soil to dry, etc. I had 30 plants and it was something that took me a couple transplantings to get a good feel for it.

Pop Kulture, I know what you mean although I tried to pack them light, I did not even try to pack them down. I watered the pots before the transplant and then took a big ass spoon and stirred it up to make it as light as possible. Set the plants in the middle, then filled in around the plant and sprayed the mist bottle over the dry stuff so it would not blow away in the wind. Obviously when I have since watered them it does pack down a bit more. Let me know if there is anything else i can do to make the roots happier:)

Back
Top Bottom