I just harvested today and my trics looked identical. Mostly cloudy, a few clears and ambers spotted singularly. I knew I took mine too soon, but I needed the harvest so I made an executive decision, lol.

It looks like you found the borderline of ppm. You leaf tips are fairly burnt, so next grow I suggest staying in that 500-600 range. My tips just started to turn yellow and my ppm topped out at 730, but I'm in rockwool.

Gratz on your harvest mate :bravo:

I have to wait until amber shows up because the bud size is not yet satisfying for me. It is better to harvest them without any amber though. I am sure that your buds will take you real high :surf:

About the PPM, yeah I have to admit that I mildly burnt some tips :laugh: That was the reason for me to lower the PPM. Soil tolerates these fluctuations better than hydro systems. I have to act even more careful for my next coco grow. Between 500-600 PPM is a great value for organic Pineapple Chunks growing in soil, keeping in mind that 2 weeks of heavy feeding(700-800PPM) won't hurt.

I am smoking some dried early crops as I mentioned earlier. I am rolling spliffs because I want my weed to burn efficiently. I am using very few amounts of PC, simply because I don't have too much early crops, and still it is giving me a great high. Some properly dried ones tasted incredible. I consider this mission to be complete, except the bud size. I can't wait to write a very very detailed smoke report on this grow :passitleft:

Gratz on your harvest mate :bravo:

I have to wait until amber shows up because the bud size is not yet satisfying for me. It is better to harvest them without any amber though. I am sure that your buds will take you real high :surf:

About the PPM, yeah I have to admit that I mildly burnt some tips :laugh: That was the reason for me to lower the PPM. Soil tolerates these fluctuations better than hydro systems. I have to act even more careful for my next coco grow. Between 500-600 PPM is a great value for organic Pineapple Chunks growing in soil, keeping in mind that 2 weeks of heavy feeding(700-800PPM) won't hurt.

I am smoking some dried early crops as I mentioned earlier. I am rolling spliffs because I want my weed to burn efficiently. I am using very few amounts of PC, simply because I don't have too much early crops, and still it is giving me a great high. Some properly dried ones tasted incredible. I consider this mission to be complete, except the bud size. I can't wait to write a very very detailed smoke report on this grow :passitleft:
I'm on the edge of my seat for the smoke report TC. For the life of me I can't describe it.

Hey cheese ! Those PC look fantastic! I can’t wait to get my Pineapple Express autos bigger! From all the talk of these pineapple strains it’s making me want some haha!

Trichomes look perfect! My Big EM is right around the same point and she’s being cut this week. Day is unknown yet going to be a surprise but she’s coming down haha!

Stay medicated my man and I hope your well:passitleft:

I disagree with 700-800. I am in rockwool and I top out at 730-750 ppm (@ 0.5) and still began to burn my tips. 800 in soil IMO is much too high.

Hey cheese ! Those PC look fantastic! I can’t wait to get my Pineapple Express autos bigger! From all the talk of these pineapple strains it’s making me want some haha!

Trichomes look perfect! My Big EM is right around the same point and she’s being cut this week. Day is unknown yet going to be a surprise but she’s coming down haha!

Stay medicated my man and I hope your well:passitleft:

Thanks, all is well bro. I will harvest them in 10 days I believe. They won't see 2019 I can tell you that :passitleft:

I disagree with 700-800. I am in rockwool and I top out at 730-750 ppm (@ 0.5) and still began to burn my tips. 800 in soil IMO is much too high.

I have never used rockwool as main media but as far as I know, we should consider rockwool a kind of hydro. I used to plant my clones in rockwool before transplanting them into DWC buckets. I will go coco in my next grow and I have been doing some research. People suggested me to feed my plants lighter compared to soil. Maybe soil can tolerate higher PPM values compared to hydro setups. I am not sure though. I used to feed light on my DWC grows because plants weren't enjoying heavy feeding.

What PPM do your plain water have? Maybe you have some mineral built up and they might locking some of your nutes. I am using 16 PPM water and suggested ratios on nute bottles. This is how I get 800+ PPM. Shouldn't hurt for 10-12 days or 4-5 watering. Another possibly logical argument here is organic ferts tend to harm plants less than non-organic ones. After feeding them heavy, bud size dramatically increased. I won't keep feeding heavy but when you feed heavy on the right weeks, it rewards greatly I believe :passitleft:

I think I misunderstood as I didn't know you're using organic nutes which definitely won't burn anything with the nutes not yet broken down into usable form. My nutes are salts and I mix my own concentrates and make my own feed charts, but because my nutes are soluble and ionic, the nutrients they possess are immediately available which if too much is given will burn the shit out of whatever it's being used on.

I think I misunderstood as I didn't know you're using organic nutes which definitely won't burn anything with the nutes not yet broken down into usable form. My nutes are salts and I mix my own concentrates and make my own feed charts, but because my nutes are soluble and ionic, the nutrients they possess are immediately available which if too much is given will burn the shit out of whatever it's being used on.

Totally agree mate. I never feed heavy when I use non-organic products. Taste won't be just as good if you overfeed your plants and what I love most of cannabis is taste. Good to hear that you spend time and mix your own concentrates as well as making your own feeding charts. That is definately the way to go. Everyone should have his/her own communication methods with roots when it comes to feeding. Anything above the soil like training,foliar spraying or some other stuff is not fundamental and not as important.

I am back with some news :cough:

I had a 5 seeds pack of PC before I started this grow. First, I gave a seed to a friend and then I started growing some other strains. He finished his PC grow last summer and man, smoking these PC buds made me start this grow immediately. I contacted him today and asked how long was the flowering time in his grow for the PC and he told me that it took 12 weeks for buds to ripen. I know every individual seed can be different but these 2 girls that I am growing now are totally identical. All of the 5 pack can possibly be identical. I might have to wait for 2 more weeks. I think this is the case because buds are still bulking up. Lots of clear trichomes and no amber still. I am feeding them mild and happy with the growth. Check them out yourselves.

Peace :passitleft:

I didn't see too many clear trics there. They mostly look cloudy to me, plus the colas look well fattened. I'll be starting the first of my PC's in bloom in a month, but I'm still holding onto the belief that it can be an 8 week strain, though Weaselcracker said in his journal that he also goes 10 weeks. I'll be finding out soon though, but if when I see what your pics show, I'll likely already be flushing.

I barely pay any attention to recommendations only because it is so variable, I don’t think you can ever go wrong following the plant signs but don’t take my word for it,.. I did one outdoors and one indoors. Indoors i went a little longer than breeder recommendations but i always seem to.

clear and cloudy with some amber. If that's not as confusing as it gets, then IDK what is. Nice fat ass buds though, well done!!!:goodjob:

clear and cloudy with some amber. If that's not as confusing as it gets, then IDK what is. Nice fat ass buds though, well done!!!:goodjob:

Thanks a lot :passitleft: Very early stage of amber. I am taking these shots from the most ripened buds by the way.

Looking good triangle! Lots of cloudy and quite a few clears still. I’m only seeing a few ambers here and there I would say a week maybe? Depends how much amber your looking for!

But all in all some gorgeous looking buds and plants well done!!

Thanks bro :passitleft: I will cut them down next week. I will flush in 3-4 days. Around this kind of amber ratio is real sweet :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom