Pyramid Purple & DNA Chocolope Under CFL - 2nd Grow

I believe that was DL who said that ;)

You should water enough so it drips not pours out the bottom of the pots. So if 400mL of water is enough to make that happen... Then yes it's enough :)

Good luck man!

I believe that was DL who said that ;)

It was indeed, sorry guys.. :p

So I'll give both girls another dash today. Purps looks less saggy so maybe they were also quite thirsty! I still need to get my head around indoor watering.. My first grow was outdoor so I never had trouble with 'picking' when to water, I just DID once a day and that was fine.

Hey DrVerdethumb, thanks for the kind words. Let's hope the girls stay looking this way. ;)

I'll drop some pic updates in a few minutes. :allgood:

-J.

So dudes and dudettes,
I thought I should post the nutes I'm using just FYI in case it becomes relevant. It's the one my local hydy guy reco'd. They didn't have Fox Farm or any of the others I'd seen on here(different country!) and I didn't have time to wait for it to be delivered.. He said this one was the hardest to muff up and least stressful on the plant. Since I'm running mostly Autos I figured this made sense.
IMAG06339.jpg
IMAG06348.jpg

As usual, we'll start with a Purple(Auto):

IMAG06309.jpg

Then follow up with a flaccid Chocolope(Photo):

IMAG06298.jpg

At least a bit of good news, Lazy BioDiesel Mass(Auto) has reached the surface! I planted her a bit deep and the also covered with vermaculite so it's been a while. I uncover the V'culite from around her as I wasn't sure if it might do damage to a young shoot?
Anyways, here she is with her silly hat still on:

IMAG06326.jpg

So finally, should I look for the bleached looking leaves on the Choc to clear up or will they stay damaged?

KR,

-J.

They might clear up or they might stay damaged... But either way the new growth that will come out of it will surely cover up the deficient leaves and when there is new growth just clip the bad leaves off :)

Quickly, before my girl kills me.. :oops:

Here is the new gig. Please let know thoughts.
7 x 24w(100w) globes in total. Took my 125w 2700k out.

You should be able to see the colour diffs..

IMAG063911.jpg

The arrangement, reds under Purple..
IMAG06434.jpg

And overall, I have a pair of sunnies that live on the handle of my girls door handle, it hurts your eyes..
IMAG06409.jpg

Please again, any thoughts our critiques.. :)

-J.

Hehe, I see. I'll slowly keep adding bulbs.. Is it advisable to mix the colour spectrums or is that really only if you want MONTEROUS growth(which I really do on my auto's but not my Choco)?

I think they are really appreciating the nutrients.. The purple seems to be bulking up quite a bit and Chocky seems to look healthier as well. I can't wait for them to dry out so I can give them another dose..

I have a small problem that I can't think of an easy way to fix and was wondering if anyone else had found way to solve that I can't get my head around.. My three pots just don't fit in the cupboard enough for the doors to properly close. We're talking maybe an inch or so. I should have bought square, I know, or measured first. I know. Silly. Now, I don't want to transplant due to my inexperience and the likely stress on planties.. Any great ideas?

Thanks pals.

-J.

So powers back on and I figure it might be time for a little updaterooni..

I did a bit of a rearrange so as to maximise lighting where needed and hopefully get the doors closed. :p

IMAG06597.jpg

Here's Purpy:

IMAG06576.jpg
IMAG06587.jpg

Here's Choco, looks a bit thirsty again but the pots still heavy and the soil(under the V'culite) still looks damp. I'm not sure what if it's not as wet as it looks or what.. :/

IMAG065411.jpg
IMAG06556.jpg

Overall, pretty happy with how things are going.

I do have a tip, something I'm going to try on my next gwmrow unless someone talks me out of it. I'm going to put a small handful of vermaculite over all the holes on the bottom of my pots. This will still let them drain but hopefully put fungas gnats off. I seem to have slowed/ killed them from the top surface of the pot but now the little pests are going in and out of the drain holes. I think a bit of V may deter them. Just a thought. If anyone's tried this, please let me know how it worked..

One last thing, this shits the shit..
IMAG06609.jpg

Peace bros and sis'!

-J.

Is that a FIM? I've been toying with the idea of topping or FIMing my autos but it seems like the general consensus of what I've read suggests that autos don't handle the stress as well as photos. Being a noob I can't speak from experience and I also can't guarantee that I won't impulsively do the same thing to my plants at some point, but for now I'm trying to be conservative with my first-ever grow. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what happens!

FIM looks good to me. Won't really be able to tell for a few more days til the new growth starts shooting up. ;)

I hope you're right ma bro. I'm starting to wonder if, like Antics I didn't cut low enough. I'm only thinking this because it looks like some of the cut tips around the edges already have tiiiiiiiiny leaves.

Hopefully Antics stops in for a look and to pass on his opinion.

Peace!

-J.

Choco today, here's hoping..:

IMAG06765.jpg
IMAG0676_2.jpg

I think the left hand side looks good, right side I hope for and I don't know what's happening in the middle.. :/

Anyways, Purps looks good, got some hairs happening. I think I will start her on flowering nutes on her next feed, what do you guys think?

IMAG06774.jpg

BDM is going slowwwww...........

-J.

Back
Top Bottom