Quantum boards

Leggy

Hopefully someone can tell me if or not a quantum board with the same diods as the sf1000 would have the same ppfd mapping?? I have a eq1000 dimmable led but can't find ppfd maps anywhere and have no par metre. Thanks

Only if the voltages and amperage are the same in the diode strings.
If the lights are using the same drivers. They should be pretty close.
Good luck.

Yep, same diodes, so as long as same driver then should be about the same.

You can buy a cheap like $25 LUX meter and just use LUX readings, and you can convert those LUX readings to PPFD with a LUX to PPFD calculator
These are super helpful.

Good luck.
Thanks buddy thought it would be as its identical to the sf1000 but different brand name. Can now get these auto's dialed in and happy, me OG kush was sketching out a bit with high light intensity.

Good luck.
Thanks buddy thought it would be as its identical to the sf1000 but different brand name. Can now get these auto's dialed in and happy, me
Yep, same diodes, so as long as same driver then should be about the same.

You can buy a cheap like $25 LUX meter and just use LUX readings, and you can convert those LUX readings to PPFD with a LUX to PPFD calculator

OG kush was sketching out a bit with high light intensity.

Thought about a lux metre but no need for extra expense now I know my light is the same as sf1000, can just get ppfd maps from reliable source online. Thanks again lads for the help

Thought about a lux metre but no need for extra expense now I know my light is the same as sf1000, can just get ppfd maps from reliable source online. Thanks again lads for the help
:goodluck:

Hopefully someone can tell me if or not a quantum board with the same diods as the sf1000 would have the same ppfd mapping?? I have a eq1000 dimmable led but can't find ppfd maps anywhere and have no par metre. Thanks
"Same Diodes" does not mean same type of diode = same light output (efficiency). Each LED diode goes through a process called BIN sorting which determines a diodes "color temperature" and also the "efficiency/brightness" of the individual diode.

What this means is even if you have LED diode "XYZ" from ABC company.... That same diode has a range of "BINS" from top bins (brightest and most efficent) to lower bins which are cheaper, but don't output as much light/watt.

The difference from a TOP BIN LED diode to a bottom BIN diode can be quite a bit of difference, so even if 2 LED companies use exactly the same LED diodes, if the BIN's are different, there can be quite a difference in efficiency and brightness between the 2 brands.

Generally most "budget" led companies use the lower bins to keep cost competitive, where other LED companies who use TOP bins, usually are targeting efficiency and performance over price competition.

Most companies will not even mention what BIN chips they use, as many times they either don't want to disclose they use the "cheaper" BINs, sometimes they have no clue what they order/use as many LED companies are brands and do not manufacture their own lights, but good companies will provide BIN number and sometimes even order forms to show what BIN they use.

This is generally the difference between the "economy LED' companies vs the top of the charts companies... and price usually reflects this as top BIN leds are more expensive.

So the PPFD "square" between 2 different LED lights by 2 different manufactures using the same chips can be vastly different. (also for the other factors mentioned above).

Also, depending on the LED array layout, spacing, reflective properties and use of (if applicable) 2ndary lenses may also change the PPFD mapping on a particular light. Best case scenerio is to ask each company for a PPFD 4x4 map for each light and this will give you an idea of how the light spreads. In todays market, every led company should provide this info.

Back
Top Bottom