Question on using dry amendments and coca only

edwin9210

420 Member
hi growers so can i use just coca 70/30 mix then take dry amendments and mix that together and thats it ? or do i need to add compost and other stuff to my potting mix . i dont want to make compost and i do not want to buy it . basicly i dont want to use any other organic imputs but dry amendments with top dressing every few weeks . cover crop and mutch still used . no worms or other soil critters . i also dont want to make compost teas just maybe feed some sythetic bloom busters if needed

can you do that or will it not give good results with out the true no till soil biology happaning

hi growers so can i use just coca 70/30 mix then take dry amendments and mix that together and thats it ? or do i need to add compost and other stuff to my potting mix . i dont want to make compost and i do not want to buy it . basicly i dont want to use any other organic imputs but dry amendments with top dressing every few weeks . cover crop and mutch still used . no worms or other soil critters . i also dont want to make compost teas just maybe feed some sythetic bloom busters if needed

can you do that or will it not give good results with out the true no till soil biology happaning
I have a few question to try to figure things out.

When you say dry amendments, that do you exactly mean by that?

What is Coca 70/30? What does the 70% and 30% contain?

Organics and coir don't mix very well since coir is inert and dry amendments need living soil to break down optimally. Same goes with other soilless peat mixes.

Organics and coir don't mix very well since coir is inert and dry amendments need living soil to break down optimally. Same goes with other soilless peat mixes.
thats all i really have to know .
when i say dry amendments you can buy a pre mix of rock dust, alpha meal, stuff like that whats apparently formulated to grow and bloom stage of the plant .
70/30 = 70% coca 30 % perlite

when i say dry amendments you can buy a pre mix of rock dust, alpha meal, stuff like that whats apparently formulated to grow and bloom stage of the plant .
70/30 = 70% coca 30 % perlite
You are thinking of a hybrid mix for the plant to grow in and using the best of two different methods to pull it off.

I do not think that it will work without a basic understanding of how each method works and why.

If you want the fast growing plants and large harvests that many of the hydro methods are know for it will be best to stick with the method.

If what you want are the harvests of good tasting and be betting highs that soil grows are known for then stick with that method.

You do seem to have an idea of what you want and how some of it will work so maybe it can be pulled off.

Some ideas I have been kicking around after reading your messages.

A source of micro-organisms is going to be need to help breakdown the dry fertilizers. The amounts of water soluble macro and micro nutrients is small. The amounts of insoluble nutrients is often 75% or more and the organisms help to make it available. Adding some Worm Castings will help provide the organisms. There are some products available at grow stores that can be used instead.

The link below is to a thread that popped up about 2 weeks ago. Some of the suggested fertilizer mixes should work for your project.

In msg #4 @Azimuth brings up something from Geoflora Nutrients which he said works well with coco grows. Might be what you want.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/fav-nuts-for-indoor-soil-grow.534642/post-5821344

Back
Top Bottom