Radogast: Grow Big Or Go Home

Looking interesting

arrived doubled boxed.

Mine too. I liked it because the inner box was pristine, so I kept them all in the attic with the packing as well. It came in handy.

I prefer "doodads". More whimsical and childlike.

The screwdriver was a nice touch.

Now I'm just jealous. No screwdriver for Tead!
Wait.... I didn't need to turn any screws.... nevermind.

I planned to test the temperature change with LED array on, clip fan/circlation fan on, and exhaust fan turned on.

Wisdom in play ehhh?

Do you think it is safe to start soaked seeds in soil with the 480W driver at 100% power?

Really.. the issue is heat. Keep an eye on the numbers and you should be fine. Sunlight alone has never caused damage that I'm aware of.

hand powered chinese fan.

I got little hanging good luck charms. They reminded me of a JuJu (sp?) bag with charms inside.

Ihaven't smoked weed since i moved in here

I'm certain you'll find a way.

So the temps under the 480 watt LED were off the charts. My new 4" duct booster fan had died.
Since I was shipped a box of six, I replaced it - still climbing at 97F.

I added a second booster fan and replaced the clip on fan with a 10" fan - stable at 94F

Relocated the driver outside the tent because it felt hot. This turned out to be pointless: as soon as it was no longer resting on the heat sink bars, the temperature of the driver outside the tent was barely detectable as warm to the touch.

I turned the driver down to 50%, stable at 92F
I turned the driver up to 75%, stable at 94F

I opened the tent door, stable at 78F

- - -

Many years ago, I purchased a duct booster fan, to move air through a duct, and decided it was nearly worthless.

The last couple of days suggest that these fans are fairly useless in a tent as well.

- - -

I think I'm going to seal the light blocking window a bit better and start some seeds with the tent door open. 78F Days and 68F nights is a pretty good temperature range.

I'll think about a real fan, and maybe a small carbon filter.

Found a couple of available buildings, good sizes and locations. Finally feels like moving forward after being stalled.

Dropped some regular UltraDog seeds into water. The goal here is to clone them and sex them well away from the general population, cull the males, and grow the females into clone mothers.

Seeds going into water

The soil in pots dried out in the garage, so I'm letting some tapwater outgas Chlorine before watering the pots tomorrow.

I’m just on my way to bed - wiped out. Had to stop in and say

:thumb: awesome

Excellent! :popcorn:

:ciao:
i do something like that to but i have a bubbler in there to thats the only water i use :) anxious to see what you get with the ud and also your opinion of them as time goes by good luck bud!

Thanks for your patience. It's been over 5 weeks - about time I started growing a plant or two.

Lights on 20/4, Desk fan on 24/7, Tent Door Open, Dehumidifier just outside tent set to 65%
Daytime: 77-78F, 42-53%
Nighttime: 67-68F, 64-67%

(9) UltraDog regular seeds planted. The seeds were just beginning to split after a 20 hour soak.

My covered window with minor light leaks was covered again with a bulletin board on the inside. No more light leaks.

I am excited about the idea of training seedlings by topping and fiming again.

If I take clones young, at the 5th node, the first generation clones will have opposing leaves and be amenable to training via pruning. It would be nice if the clones could retain their opposing leaves.

I speculate by the time the 2nd or 3rd generation clones are taken, the clones will reach maturity and shift to alternating leaves no matter what I do.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

I am excited about the idea of training seedlings by topping and fiming again.

If I take clones young, at the 5th node, the first generation clones will have opposing leaves and be amenable to training via pruning. It would be nice if the clones could retain their opposing leaves.

I speculate by the time the 2nd or 3rd generation clones are taken, the clones will reach maturity and shift to alternating leaves no matter what I do.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
That has been my experience with the few strains that I have going on 3+ runs from clones.

I ordered (1) veg light bar to be express shipped to me (from China) so I can test out my design of vegging in racks. I'll try to grow some clone mothers and see how long they take to veg in LEDs.

In the past I have vegged slow under T5HO because I was limitted by flowering space. I would like to try vegging quickly under LEDs so I can guestimate how much time to spend on different veg shelves.

Blue Dream is a favorite of my stepdaughter. I can grow her a plant or two while I'm experimenting with the lights.

I went through the ACE catalog last night and was attracted to:

30-34% THC - 100% Sativa - Golden Tiger Breeders pack - Fem F1/F3 -14 weeks flower - high yield + Fire
21% THC - 70% Indica - Bubba Kush x Nepal Jam - Fem S1 - 7 weeks flower - high THC Indica
18% THC - 90% Indica - Bubba Hash - Fem F1 - 8.5 weeks flower - high yield, big colas
15-22% THC - 70% Sativa - Zamaldelica x Nepal Jam - Fem Poly - 9 weeks in flower - Fast flowering Sativa

I'm still trying to find my seed stash, I'd like to grow Labyrinth again.
I don't feel like I ever gave Devil's Tit a fair run before I had to shut down.
Do you recall who the breeder of those strains were?

I also might like to grow a couple of strains with East Coast Sour Diesel and Cinderella 99 heritage.

Eventually, I'm looking for 8 strains, mostly 7-9 week flowering, to run in perpetual. I might sort through 15 or more strains, growing several seeds each, to find my 8 perpetual cuts.

Man, first I just want to say that it is nice to have you around again! I missed your grow. It sounds like a lot has happened since then and seems like life has moved in a new direction for you..

Now with your ACE list I have heard differing views on the Goldn Tiger but it seems to be a strain that does not do well for everyone. The Bubba Hash is something that I have wanted to grow for a while, due to everyone I have seen grown having come out amazing.

As far as ECSD strains are concerned there are a few breeders that put out crosses made with it. As Amy mentioned Sour Bubba is a good place to start. Dynasty Genetics has a few ECSD crosses with one being Starduster and the other being Huckleberry Diesel. I grew out the Huck D and it was alright. I am hoping to visit it again and find a better pheno at some point. They did an ECSD bx using a male found in the Huck D so there must be some real winners. People Under the Stairs is another breeder that puts out ECSD crosses and if you can get your hands on a pack of ECSDx4DD I would recommend doing so. The 4DD us is a cross involving Chem D and Chem 4, which when added to the ECSD should be a winner! Connoisseur Genetics has some ECSD crosses and some may even be fems. They run a lot of sales as well so if you can get in touch with the breeder you may be able to get all of your seed needs met by them.

There was a breeder using C99 in their crosses and I cannot recall who it is. There is of course Brothers Grimm who is the breeder of C99 that you can check out. I hear mixed reviews on what they have been doing as breeders since they came back on the scene, but there have been positive things said. Best of luck in your endeavor bud!

Man, first I just want to say that it is nice to have you around again! I missed your grow. It sounds like a lot has happened since then and seems like life has moved in a new direction for you..

Now with your ACE list I have heard differing views on the Goldn Tiger but it seems to be a strain that does not do well for everyone. The Bubba Hash is something that I have wanted to grow for a while, due to everyone I have seen grown having come out amazing.

As far as ECSD strains are concerned there are a few breeders that put out crosses made with it. As Amy mentioned Sour Bubba is a good place to start. Dynasty Genetics has a few ECSD crosses with one being Starduster and the other being Huckleberry Diesel. I grew out the Huck D and it was alright. I am hoping to visit it again and find a better pheno at some point. They did an ECSD bx using a male found in the Huck D so there must be some real winners. People Under the Stairs is another breeder that puts out ECSD crosses and if you can get your hands on a pack of ECSDx4DD I would recommend doing so. The 4DD us is a cross involving Chem D and Chem 4, which when added to the ECSD should be a winner! Connoisseur Genetics has some ECSD crosses and some may even be fems. They run a lot of sales as well so if you can get in touch with the breeder you may be able to get all of your seed needs met by them.

There was a breeder using C99 in their crosses and I cannot recall who it is. There is of course Brothers Grimm who is the breeder of C99 that you can check out. I hear mixed reviews on what they have been doing as breeders since they came back on the scene, but there have been positive things said. Best of luck in your endeavor bud!
What are you hearing regarding the Golden Tiger? I have a couple going right now....just wondering.

Oh Rad I meant to mention that you should check ACE's Killer A5 out. Stank has one and all I have seen grow it enjoy it!

What are you hearing regarding the Golden Tiger? I have a couple going right now....just wondering.

I have seen people say that it is a finicky one that can take forever to flower and end up being just meh. I have seen a few people mention it so it is not a one off experience. There are others though that make it sound like one of the best strains they have ever run. So what you get is a crapshoot, as with all strains really.

Oh Rad I meant to mention that you should check ACE's Killer A5 out. Stank has one and all I have seen grow it enjoy it!

I have seen people say that it is a finicky one that can take forever to flower and end up being just meh. I have seen a few people mention it so it is not a one off experience. There are others though that make it sound like one of the best strains they have ever run. So what you get is a crapshoot, as with all strains really.
Yes it is....but I wonder how many actually read the breeders notes on the strains they offer. ACE tells people to run it at 11/13 to help prevent reflowering. Supposedly likes lower nitrogen levels as well. I wish I had put her in 2nd run soil honestly but I used all that on the outdoor girls.

Back
Top Bottom