Raiven's 1st Clone Grow - THC Bomb Auto Large - 2014

I don't see roots, but it definitely looks like some of the leaves are getting bigger. Nice job!

Its hard to see unless you know where to look...
It is about half inch to the left of the tip of the plant marker...
Its tiny but its there ...
I checked it again last night and now there are nice long roots coming out of the bottom!!! :):)

PICS AND UPDATES TONGIHT!!!

Once roots are showing through the bottom is it time to plant the cube in soil???

:thanks:
:peace:

That clone is looking very very happy , good your sticking with it no matter what the outcome , ive done few more updates my self , few experiments with nutes, clones . and even made up my own soil , forgot to say i had ph problem , i spilt it on my foot and made a total mess of it lol... i never knew until the next day , have a look at my journal theres a picture , be careful with that stuff its very strong
Anyways all looking great for you :goodjob:

That clone is looking very very happy , good your sticking with it no matter what the outcome , ive done few more updates my self , few experiments with nutes, clones . and even made up my own soil , forgot to say i had ph problem , i spilt it on my foot and made a total mess of it lol... i never knew until the next day , have a look at my journal theres a picture , be careful with that stuff its very strong
Anyways all looking great for you :goodjob:

Hey Paddy!! Ive been soooo busy lately outside of the 420 world...
I have to get over to your journal and see the progress!!!!
Thank you for checkin in on me n my clone,,,Shes doing great!!
Finally got those roots through the cube and will be transplanting to soil tonight!!! :thumb:

Ill be checking out your journal tonight and leaving my 2 cents :ganjamon:

Once the roots have grown out from the rockwool cube the rockwool cube can be transplanted. I prefer to have more root development and prefer longer roots before I transplant.

Thanks KJC!!! Thats what I figured but you confirmed it for me...
The roots are fairly long at this point so I think I will be putting it in a SOLO cup of soil tonight....
Pix and update posting shortly...

:tokin:

Glad you're getting your clones rooted :) good job Raiven.

Day 13
Veg. Day 13
07-22-14 6:00 pm

-Clone looks great
-Super green and healthy
-Roots finally lengthy and thru cube
-Transplanting to SOLO cup of soil tonight!!!:party:
-No nutes
-Water misted only
-Temp.: 86 deg
-Hum.: 31%
-Light 18/6
-Fan 18/6
-A/C all day @ 70 deg
-1/2 turn

20140722_181105.jpg
20140722_181116.jpg
20140722_181217.jpg
20140722_181246.jpg

OK so while I was away on business something bad happened :(

The little clone dried up!!
The rockwool and the roots were totally dry when I got back and I didnt know what to do...
I was trying to wait till I got my new soil in before moving it but I was desperate and I shoved it into a container of FFLW
Watered it down and started praying...

Pics below are from 07-26-14
I have to check it again tonight and get you all an update!!

Take a look and let me know what you think!!
Do I keep it and see what happens or just toss it all...

Day 17
Veg. Day 17
07-26-14 6:00 pm

-Planted into FFLW
-No nutes
-Watered soil completely
-Temp.: 80 deg
-Hum.: 35%
-Light 18/6
-Fan 18/6

20140727_003424.jpg
20140727_092837.jpg
20140727_092844.jpg
20140727_093640.jpg
20140727_093841.jpg
20140727_094851.jpg

I'd keep it and try to fix it.. seems like just a lack of water. And cover the sides of that container with tape or something, roots don't like light.

After checking on the girls last night after work I saw that most of the leaves have perked up and are green again!!!

:party:

So I am def keeping it now and keeping a closer eye on things
Travelling is done for a while so should be no problem keeping things watered

Good tip on the clear container ... I did know that but it slipped my mind
:ganjamon:

make sure to properly water all of the soil when you transplant.

I did it slow and steady this time
Wet the top let it soak
Wet some more etc etc until I got about 10% runoff out the bottom...

Re watering when the top inch of soil is dried out...

I did it slow and steady this time
Wet the top let it soak
Wet some more etc etc until I got about 10% runoff out the bottom...

Re watering when the top inch of soil is dried out...

Is the watering technique different for clones, than fully established plants?

I'm unsure, so I'm just asking! But if the top 1" of soil is dry, the rest of the soil can be moist, or even wet, depending on the soil mix, and perlite % used.

I'm unsure, so I'm just asking! But if the top 1" of soil is dry, the rest of the soil can be moist, or even wet, depending on the soil mix, and perlite % used.

Well from what Ive read and been told on here that was my understanding...

If not going by a similar method how do you know when to water?
Wet soil in the middle could stay moist for weeks if the conditions allow it...
Kinda like how it takes decades if ever for a concrete foundation to dry completely....

Hidden from light and heat, im not sure how else to know...
Other than weighing the plant watered and then completely dry...

But again do you wait till it is all completely dry and if so how do you know when every bit of soil is dry?

What are your methods of watering??

I have no idea how true SCROG people do it when using soil because my watering method involves taking the plants out of the tent one by one, placing each pot in a tray, water with plain water at first til I get some runoff, empty the tray, then pour more water in, this time with nutrients, until I see some more runoff. I use a soil mix that drains extremely well (~50% perlite). If I didn't wet the soil before adding nutes a good part of the feeding would end up in the tray.

I have no idea how true SCROG people do it when using soil because my watering method involves taking the plants out of the tent one by one, placing each pot in a tray, water with plain water at first til I get some runoff, empty the tray, then pour more water in, this time with nutrients, until I see some more runoff. I use a soil mix that drains extremely well (~50% perlite). If I didn't wet the soil before adding nutes a good part of the feeding would end up in the tray.

Not sure about SCROG myself ...
Your thinking with regards to watering a bit first then water with nutes is intriguing and makes sense to me...

Kinda like how it takes decades if ever for a concrete foundation to dry completely....

But again do you wait till it is all completely dry and if so how do you know when every bit of soil is dry?

I was asking for my own education lol. I haven't grown clones yet, so I was hoping to learn a little more about it.

As for watering my plants, I let them dry out, then water until I get runoff, then stop.

This is one reason why I decided to use a peat moss based soiless mixture instead of a soil based medium. I find that the peat moss based soiless mixture dries very evenly as the plants use the nutrients from the medium.

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2 teaspoons per 3-5 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

Back
Top Bottom