Raiven's 1st Indoor Grow - THC Bomb Auto - 2014

THATS IT!! IM CONVINVCED!!
KEEPING THE SMALL PLANT :thumb:

I never really wanted to throw it out I just get nervous being a first timer and I feel bad that I cant take care of my littlest plant :(

My "Small" plant, which is also my first and only plant, has been going through it's own issues, but without those issues, I probably would not have learned as much as I did in such a short time. I'm looking forward to a plant that goes through it's cycle with no real issues, but if it does have any, I've learned to troubleshoot with the great members here at 420 :thumb:

Here is the nutrient availability and helpful information that I give people who are having issues with their plants

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Here is the nutrient availability and helpful information that I give people who are having issues with their plants

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks KJC!!!

You actually posted all of these helpful things on my threads already hahahaha...
No matter tho!! I almost have these charts memorized LOL
Seeing them in my sleep!!

:thanks:
:peace:

***UPDATE MOMENTARILY***

Day 41
Veg. Day 30
07-22-14 6:00 pm

-All plants showing signs of deficiencies or ailments
-See pictures below
-Grow Box still under construction and should be done by the end of the week...
---I will be starting a new short thread on that project
-Large and Medium plants are nice and tall but not super bushy or thick
---Both seem ready for the flowering stage once box is done
-Small Plant is struggling and I feel awful!!!!
-No water since 07-20-14
-No nutes since 07-08-14
-Temp.: 86 deg
-Hum.: 31%
-18/6 light
-18/6 fan
-A/C all day 70 deg
-1/4 turn each plant

----------------
SMALL PLANT
----------------
20140722_180433.jpg
20140722_180439.jpg
20140722_180446.jpg
20140722_180513.jpg
20140722_180607.jpg
20140722_180614.jpg
20140722_180628.jpg
20140722_180644.jpg

------------------
MEDIUM PLANT
------------------
20140722_180729.jpg
20140722_180742.jpg
20140722_180749.jpg
20140722_180756.jpg
20140722_180806.jpg
20140722_180815.jpg
20140722_180824.jpg

--------------
LARGE PLANT
--------------
20140722_180851.jpg
20140722_180933.jpg
20140722_180949.jpg
20140722_180956.jpg
20140722_181005.jpg
20140722_181012.jpg
20140722_181021.jpg

---------------
GROUP SHOTS
---------------
20140722_180413.jpg
20140722_181028.jpg
20140722_181035.jpg
20140722_181428.jpg
20140722_181437.jpg

They're not doing too bad, make sure your PH is in the correct range, and read KJC's advice!

Please re read my advice. Your small plant is showing a phosphorous deficiency and possibly a calcium deficiency. your medium plant is showing a calcium deficiency and also a phosphorous deficiency.

You need nutrients! I feed nutes WEEKLY with every watering lol. You gotta get these problems fixed or it can lead to a seriously reduced yield when you flower (or dead plants and no bud at all)

They're not doing too bad, make sure your PH is in the correct range, and read KJC's advice!

You need nutrients! I feed nutes WEEKLY with every watering lol. You gotta get these problems fixed or it can lead to a seriously reduced yield when you flower (or dead plants and no bud at all)

Hey Antics!!
After two flushes and no nutes for weeks Im still getting acidic pH with the runoff...
Thats why I was holding off on the nutrients...
Also that everyone told me that FFOF had enough nutes and I shouldnt have even been giving the plants any yet...
I wsa hoping to make it till the growbox was done and then start the plants on the flowering nute cycle...

That small plant is sure struggling. The other two seem to be doing better - nice new growth. :thumb:

Thanks PeeJay...
I feel like a neglectful parent right now...Especially towards the small plant...
I cant wait to get this box finished and the plants into a new home and stable environment

Hey Raiven, nice to see your 2 large plants doing well. I'd consider flowering them soon, you don't have much light so its best to keep them short. Your little plant seems to just be a problem child >.< it happens. Don't beat yourself up. Next time I just wouldn't use FFOF unless you plan to integrate it into your own custom mix. My own mix right now for example is about 1/4th homemade compost from our table produce scraps, egg shells, etc. 1/4th local soil (red and sandy with a clay feel when wet) just tilled up from our backyard. Then I add 3 cups or so of coarse perlite, a few cups of ground peat moss, then the rest is Sunshine Mix #4 organic. My plants seem to be loving it, a few pots I tilt in favor of the compost/local soil mix, and they're doing just as good if not better than the others. You'll pick up tricks as you go. :goodjob:

Use this whole grow as a complete learning experience.

I would ditch the Fox Farms soil eventually, but that's just me. Some people can grow great buds with it, but it can be considered to be a little too "hot" for younger smaller specimens.

My humble opinion, as I stated before, is I would have already transplanted that small plant into a new pot with different fresh soil a long time ago. Apparently there was confusion, or we scared you about it. You have to learn sometime. Transplanting fluently is a very essential skill to growing and saving plants. If your small plant isn't transplanted into a different fresh soil it will die or won't produce anything worth while. Not to be a downer.

I would suggest looking up online the various ways how gardeners transplant plants, as we said, when they're root bound it's easier, but it can still be done. SoilGirl apparently likes to "dig things up", I never do, it's all a matter of personal preference and technique. Better learn and make all the mistakes now instead of later. Think of the small plant as your "practice specimen" It isn't even close to death, and can be saved.

KJC,SoilGirl, and PeeJay have all been spot on in here. Sorry making this message so blunt :blunt: It's just hard for me to sit here and watch that plant go down hill.

Other plants looking great though, so you'll find this kind of odd-ball thing can happen often within a garden. Usually a quick transplant and little bit of D&S Step 1 mixed in will fix it right up. Also you would want to apply a sea-kelp based foliar spray after the transplant. I use the Alaskan Sea Kelp from Bonadae Gardens, or SNS-604A which is our sponsor.

SNS 604A Vegetation Organic Growth Supplement | Sierra Natural Science

SoilGirl apparently likes to "dig things up", I never do, it's all a matter of personal preference and technique. Better learn and make all the mistakes now instead of later. Think of the small plant as your "practice specimen" It isn't even close to death, and can be saved.
I totally agree with everything Lester said in his post, but just clarifying on something, I don't like to dig em up...like ever. But sometimes you have to if you plant them in the ground and find out that isn't going too well. So I was just sharing my exp of how to minimize shock if you do have to dig it up, which is a worst case scenario. It's always best to transplant the whole balled up jumble of roots and soil into new soil if you can.

My thought process for Raiven was, in the case that he gets a new soil that isn't so hot maybe he'd want to get as many of his roots as possible away from that hot FFOF soil since he asked me about digging it out and "shaking off the dirt"...which I've had a mixed good/bad experience with. If its got healthy strong roots, you can sometimes pull that off, small roots won't take it though and will just snap off. So I definitely would not recommend that method for Raiven, I can't imagine his small plant having strong roots right now >.<

I totally agree with everything Lester said in his post, but just clarifying on something, I don't like to dig em up...like ever. But sometimes you have to if you plant them in the ground and find out that isn't going too well. So I was just sharing my exp of how to minimize shock if you do have to dig it up, which is a worst case scenario. It's always best to transplant the whole balled up jumble of roots and soil into new soil if you can.

My thought process for Raiven was, in the case that he gets a new soil that isn't so hot maybe he'd want to get as many of his roots as possible away from that hot FFOF soil since he asked me about digging it out and "shaking off the dirt"...which I've had a mixed good/bad experience with. If its got healthy strong roots, you can sometimes pull that off, small roots won't take it though and will just snap off. So I definitely would not recommend that method for Raiven, I can't imagine his small plant having strong roots right now >.<

@ Your first paragraph. Thanks for the clarification and Sorry for the misunderstanding. I kinda just thought we were referring to container plants only :) For the ground plants, yes definitely digging them up is the only option :surf:

@ Your second paragraph, I don't think it really matters, the plant is already going downhill, it appears to me the only option to save it is to transplant it - regardless of how it's done. I wasn't really recommending any method in particular, but rather just pitching in with what I do. Personal technique developed through trial and error is how we flourish as growers :)

:passitleft:

On the flip side,

It's definitely possible with enough tender loving care that it could adapt and grow out of this metabolic issue, as long as the new shoots stay clean of blemishes. Cannabis is delicate but amazingly adaptive, and if BAR's plant the mutant speaks for anything at all, we could still see this plant grow and catch back up if it grows out of it, without having to transplant it at all, just depends on the grower and circumstances.

Also SoilGirl had some good advice for you Raiven about the plant height, looks like they're gonna get a little tall.

Ok sorry for stirring the pot on this one, life is one big learning experience anyway :)

Peace and Love :circle-of-love:

@ Your first paragraph. Thanks for the clarification and Sorry for the misunderstanding. I kinda just thought we were referring to container plants only :) For the ground plants, yes definitely digging them up is the only option :surf:

@ Your second paragraph, I don't think it really matters, the plant is already going downhill, it appears to me the only option to save it is to transplant it - regardless of how it's done. I wasn't really recommending any method in particular, but rather just pitching in with what I do. Personal technique developed through trial and error is how we flourish as growers :)

:passitleft:
No worries Lester, you're the older and wiser one than I and I :adore: that wisdom :) I ramble sometimes Lol. I agree that he should at least try transplanting it into a 'cooler' soil, preferably taking the whole rootball+soil out.
On the flip side,

It's definitely possible with enough tender loving care that it could adapt and grow out of this metabolic issue, as long as the new shoots stay clean of blemishes. Cannabis is delicate but amazingly adaptive, and if BAR's plant the mutant speaks for anything at all, we could still see this plant grow and catch back up if it grows out of it, without having to transplant it at all, just depends on the grower and circumstances.

Also SoilGirl had some good advice for you Raiven about the plant height, looks like they're gonna get a little tall.

Ok sorry for stirring the pot on this one, life is one big learning experience anyway :)

Peace and Love :circle-of-love:

Speaking for Raiven if I may, I'm sure he doesn't mind your stirring the pot :p everything you say is good council. He's getting lots of good advice, the rest is up to him, and I'm sure he's learning alot!

I noticed it said 31% RH, that is too low for vegetative growth. Vegging plants like it more humid, upwards of 70% RH or more. Consider misting your plants with water and/or considering finding some sea kelp.

Flowering is a different story.

It is also known that transpiration rates can effect the mineral uptake. The relative humidity may be a contributing factor to your small plant's metabolic issue.

That's all I wanted to say. :surf:

Lester...SoilGirl

You both have been an amazing help and a POT of knowledge :laughtwo:

You can stir this up as much as you like!!
I am indeed treating this ENTIRE grow as a learning experience!
I was nervous from the beginning, and still am LoL...

But with all the help and support form this amazing community I think I will be all right ...

I want to apologize for making it seem like I am not moving forward on anyones advice yet...
At the moment my budget is very very tight and my schedule with the 9-5 has become crazy busy...
I have all the intentions in the world to make this grow work...
To buy new soil and ppm meters and foliar sprays and whatever else I might need is tough at the moment...
So my main focus RIGHT now is to get the grow box done and get the two bigger plants into flowering...
I made a pledge that I would not buy anymore bud and that I would wait till I could supply myself...
We will see what happens with that hahahaha...

I am going to give the plants one last Veg cycle feeding because I know they MUST be starved at this point...
I will do this tonight while I paint the inside of the chambers...
Then Sunday I will do a final Veg flush before sending them into the Flower chamber with flowering nutes...

Does that sound like an OK plan to everyone??

I truly wish we were all local to each other and you guys could swing by after work and we could talk growing and chill...
It would be soooooo nice!!!!!!!
Like a :party:

Pics and updates tonight!!

Thank you all again so much!!!

:thanks:
:Namaste:
:peace:

Hey Antics!!
After two flushes and no nutes for weeks Im still getting acidic pH with the runoff...
Thats why I was holding off on the nutrients...
Also that everyone told me that FFOF had enough nutes and I shouldnt have even been giving the plants any yet...
I wsa hoping to make it till the growbox was done and then start the plants on the flowering nute cycle...

Whats your runoff PH??

Hey Raiven, nice to see your 2 large plants doing well. I'd consider flowering them soon, you don't have much light so its best to keep them short. Your little plant seems to just be a problem child >.< it happens. Don't beat yourself up. Next time I just wouldn't use FFOF unless you plan to integrate it into your own custom mix. My own mix right now for example is about 1/4th homemade compost from our table produce scraps, egg shells, etc. 1/4th local soil (red and sandy with a clay feel when wet) just tilled up from our backyard. Then I add 3 cups or so of coarse perlite, a few cups of ground peat moss, then the rest is Sunshine Mix #4 organic. My plants seem to be loving it, a few pots I tilt in favor of the compost/local soil mix, and they're doing just as good if not better than the others. You'll pick up tricks as you go. :goodjob:

You may also want to use vermiculite in your soiless mixture. Vermiculite also acts as a catalyst between roots and the nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom