Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

I believe that my SDD (generation #2 clones) has performed a subtle mutation into expressing more sativa

Some of the new growth "wrinkled" a little bit and formed skinnier little fan leaves, rather than the very large and broad fan leaves that we saw on the original mother from seed
IMG_73005.JPG

IMG_73035.JPG

While we're looking at the main strains in veg, this is an Underdawg. I get them to grow like this by performing 1) a FIM when 6-8 inches tall and 2) LSTing it to nearly horizontal. Plucking the apical tip of the plant forces the plant to produce more branches (this occurs via Auxin flow pattern pathways post-fim - 'Transforming a Stem Into a Bush') I then clone the bottom most branches on a specimen like this in order to keep growing the strain (then I release her).
IMG_73015.JPG

Here's a Swiss Cheese that wasn't fimmed, growth exploded from down below at a high rate - this plant has always been hungry so she'll get a proper feed of fast action on the next dry cycle
IMG_73025.JPG

Here is the Jack Dawg (which underwent the same training process as the UD)
IMG_73046.JPG

General veggie groupie (contains SDD, UD, JD, SC - my main 4)
IMG_73056.JPG

Here are a couple upclose progress pics from the force flowers which are furthest in development

This is the Underdawg on day 30 of force flower today
IMG_73066.JPG

This is the sativa Blackberry on day 37 of force flower today
IMG_73083.JPG

Predicting most likely that Blackberry specimen will be done in about 2 weeks time, around the same time that the UD comes into maturation. Probably will start to look pretty ripe around day 50. The sooner I can harvest a couple of plants, the sooner I can move a couple of plants from the natural tent into the force flower area, and the sooner I can clone/transplant/release the next wave.

Have a good day!

:Namaste:

Another edition of

Assorted Flower Pix; Force Flower Development

Here is the Underdawg (day 31)
IMG_73132.JPG

Here is the Jack Dawg (day 19)
IMG_73143.JPG

Here is the Swiss Cheese (day 21)
IMG_73155.JPG

Here is the Blackberry plant #1 (day 38)
IMG_73183.JPG

Here is the Blackberry plant #2 (day 31)
IMG_73214.JPG

Those are quite nice looking I might say. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks Bumble! My pleasure :high-five:

Nice looking flowers Les. Bet those taste great. :volcano-smiley:

Mahalo CS! They certainly are starting to smell great! UD puts out a powerful skunky waft 10-15 ft downwind :volcano-smiley:

Some pics from today; starting with the planter bed. The UD is starting to stink real good :yummy:

IMG_73225.JPG
IMG_73233.JPG
IMG_73245.JPG
IMG_73255.JPG

and the force flowers, first pic is the two Blackberries day 33 and 39
IMG_73262.JPG

JD on left, a UD in back, and SC in front in this pic
IMG_73275.JPG

Always Love looking at your Garden Brotha :thumb:

Mahalo brotha! :thanks: The Hawaiian energy you bring to the 420 family has undoubtedly influenced my garden in a splendidly positive manner my friend! Hope all is well with your ladies :Namaste:

Here's one from this morning, I do love the morning time :circle-of-love: And those Blackberry sativas look pretty gnarley - if I had to say so myself. They lost all their fan leaves a good while ago, these are the last Blackberries I'll ever flower - I've made that conscious decision to focus more on the other strains, although this has been a great strain to me and always treated me well :yummy:

IMG_73318.JPG

Some night pics of the little planter ladies. All going into flower now, lots of little tiny plants. Oh well, wish I could have gotten some more veg out of those recently released ones. Some natural yellowing taking place as well, which is fine.

Groupie
IMG_73986.JPG

BB x SM
IMG_73995.JPG
IMG_74074.JPG

SC
IMG_74007.JPG

SDD
IMG_74014.JPG

JD
IMG_74025.JPG

mini BB x SM
IMG_74036.JPG

SDD
IMG_74045.JPG

UD
IMG_74058.JPG

IMG_74065.JPG

JD
IMG_74085.JPG

SC
IMG_74144.JPG
IMG_74167.JPG

Progress report on developing force flowers, macro pics of each individual specimen

Furthest along Blackberry, with the nice yellow fade I look for, the flavors are coming out real nice on this batch, will likely be harvesting this plant in a few days
IMG_74178.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_74188.JPG

Jack Dawg
IMG_74197.JPG

Underdawg, which is actually almost ripe and will probably get the cut this week
IMG_74203.JPG

Blackberry plant #2 which is a bit behind but still entering the ripening phase, and is not far out
IMG_74215.JPG

The two plants of the force flowers (SC and JD) will need a fair amount of more time, but the UD + BB 1 & 2 are getting close.

Will do an assorted flower pics with close ups later to help show their development.

Aloha folks :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

As the jars of previously harvested and cured force flowers are becoming empty, the current batch is coming into fruition. Today, the Underdawg (shown in the assorted flower pix post at day 39) was harvested at day 41 of force flower (however it was allowed to pre-flower naturally prior to forcing). The flowers have been washed and trimmed. As always, they are very stinky and hard to describe their smells, it's some kind of exotic fruit. The next plant to be harvested, tomorrow, will be the Blackberry #1. Once I do that, I can move 2 of the most mature natural flowers out of the natural tent, and over to the bricks for forcing. That way I can clone and release the veggie mothers for another round of flowering.

The yields for the Underdawg are usually a little low, naturally, so I haven't had some proper UD in awhile, gonna be nice to indulge in them when ready to vaporize. :yummy:

This batch finished astoundingly early, it was certainly ripe and ready to cut. I think the pre-flowering initiation event gave it a really good headstart (didn't count those days toward the # of days actually in force flower chamber), and the light deprivation really makes them flower fast. :cheer:

Couple force flower shots, these are the Blackberries in deep maturation
IMG_74365.JPG

This is the SC in front and JD in back (trucking along nicely)
IMG_74375.JPG

This Blackberry is next up on the chopping block
IMG_74385.JPG

This is the Blackberry plant #1 on the drying rack that was harvested today
IMG_74394.JPG

This is Blackberry plant #2 that'll get the chop in the next couple days or so
IMG_74405.JPG

And that will conclude the Blackberry, those are the last sativa Blackberry plants that I'll be growing. It just doesn't do it for me like some of the Dawg variants and the SC. It's still pretty good for a daytime sativa :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom