Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

The Swiss Cheese (left) and Jack Dawg (right) are essentially my favorite strains. This is them on a cool, breezy, and sunny morning.
IMG_74415.JPG

And then one with the final Blackberry in front of them, on the chopping block next.
IMG_74426.JPG

A trick I've found is that - since they've been on a rather consistent but approximate schedule (about 12/12ish), that giving them all of the sudden an extra 3-4 hours of darkness here and there, seemed to have accelerated the bud development and maturation rate (which makes sense by the theory)

The new FF group with UD and SC added from the natural tent (had to bring them out quick - found a small bit of bud rot that was growing in one of the UD flower tops, it had only just begun, spanning about 4 inches deep inside the top cola, I only noticed because one of the little leaflets turned brown. Actually it looked like the plant was fighting it off a little bit, and luckily none of the other colas were infected), so now I can pay closer attention to them.

IMG_74436.JPG

And re-arranged the rest of them
IMG_74443.JPG

A reminder for me - Things to do relatively soon:

1) Cut, wash, and dry the final Blackberry plant.

2) Purchase fresh bags of soil and then up-pot the SC, JD, and UD veggie mothers.

3) Take 2 clones off each veggie mother and release them into the planter bed.

Final Blackberry was harvested - took 95 minutes to wash and trim the plant - I'm happy with it, smells like a good batch too. Should be good for daytime meds to balance out the utter strength of the Dawgs

Blackberry (Raspberry Cough x Black domino)
IMG_74456.JPG

Assorted Flower pix

Jack Dawg
IMG_74486.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_74502.JPG

Underdawg
IMG_74562.JPG

:Namaste:

A reminder for me - Things to do relatively soon:

1) Cut, wash, and dry the final Blackberry plant.

2) Purchase fresh bags of soil and then up-pot the SC, JD, and UD veggie mothers.

3) Take 2 clones off each veggie mother and release them into the planter bed.

You forgot one, Lester:

4) Keep updating journal with wonderful photographs and terrific information.

:thanks:

:ciao:

You forgot one, Lester:

4) Keep updating journal with wonderful photographs and terrific information.

:ciao:

Will do mate! I won't forget that, you know how much I love to photograph and document my lil' ladies. :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

I just wonder why you wash your buds? If you don't spray, or have worms, or bugs? Guess them worms afew back freaked ya abit huh?
Keepem Green my Friend

I just wonder why you wash your buds? If you don't spray, or have worms, or bugs? Guess them worms afew back freaked ya abit huh?
Keepem Green my Friend

Washing won't quite do anything about worms, it won't even fix internal bud rot. I do spray Azamax, so that is one reason. The main reason is to remove the microscopic dust particles that aren't really seen by the eye. The nautral fruit and vegetable wash I use (SNS-311) helps to clean them of these dust particles as well as microscopic spores that may have hitched a ride onto the bud during the growing cycle. These spores, if not removed at the washing period, have the potential to germinate under the "normal curing conditions" in the mason jar. So, washing removes the dust and potential spores, and increases the curabiity and shelf-life of the buds. They cure better and taste more clean after being washed. Plus, it gives me peace of mind knowing that I did all I could to remove microscopic particles that settled on the plant. I strive to make sure I wash every batch that I harvest, for the same reason we wash our fruit and vegetables before we make a salad. :yummy:

Do you use hydrogaurd or bacteria of somekind

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't (but NW does), I only use Azamax to make sure worms aren't taking up residence, and also to control spider mites, which are very common in my yard.

Azamax is great. I use it twice in veg an in emergencies in flower.
Caterpillar I use safer 1 a week.
I was just thinking that your touch of rot here and there would be easily avoided with 1 cap of hydrogaurd per 5 gallon.
Keeps all fungus at bay and dosnt effect ph at all.

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Even with no spray I wash my harvest. There is always something on them : hair, bird and bug poop, dirt, small insects, etc.

Just a little text update on the specimens ( will do photo shoots this weekend).

Jack Dawg is turning purple due to exposure to cold morning temperatures, getting tons of purple hues around the calyxe clusters and looking real good.

Underdawg fan leaves are turning pink.

Swiss Cheese specimens are putting on bulk and the hard yellow fade is ensuing.

This particular batch of flowers is some of the skunkiest I think I've had in awhile. A downwind whiff smells exactly like pungent skunk, almost to the point it is foul and you cannot tell the difference between that and an actual skunk that sprayed. Probably came from either the Underdawg or the Swiss Cheese.

Cured Underdawg has been treating me fantastically, and a couple of Blackberry mason jars are now curing from the recent harvest.

Natural tent plants are all flowering magnificently (even though they're small plants), will need to get in there and inspect, water, and then do a round of Azamax. Probably should also begin brewing a probiotic transition tea.

:volcano-smiley:

Man that JD is so beautiful, its amazing that it turns purple in this temperature.

:thanks: mate! Just a couple weeks of low 60s in the early mornings seemed to do the trick. Even the cooler 60s at night time seem to help a bit. Certainly I am in love with the Jack Dawg for obvious reasons, but I think I might be more in love with the Underdawg, it's my favorite of the Dawg variants that I've grown, it's difficult to describe exactly the smells of it, it's very stinky and sour like a powerfully pungent motor fuel that wafts downwind, but with intricate layers of lemon lime fruit buried beneath, and then one other layer of something very special and unique that I can't really use words describe...

Here's a shot of some of my organic UD (Special Unknown #1 x NYCD x Chemdawg '91) flowers as the Sun comes out on this lovely morning :circle-of-love:
IMG_74726.JPG

Hope everyone's gardens are going good, have a good day on Earth! :Namaste:

Having a problem with one of my vegging mothers, particularly the Jack Dawg mother, she underwent a nitrogen toxicity with extreme leaf curl, some burnt tips, and gradual loss of leaves. My fast acting inorganic D&S application surely was the culprit, note to self, don't feed fast acting nutes at the same time you had transplanted into fresh soil.

Now I'm trying to nurse the girl back to health to save this amazing strain. Everything else I put into flower so specimen HAS to stay alive in order to save the strain and pheno. I've been flushing with plain water, and released LST strings. Now I must transplant into fresh soil and hope she rebounds. Would really suck to lose this strain and pheno.

Wish me (her) luck! :thanks: :Namaste:

Some pics of the force flowers this morning. Getting ready to harvest a couple plants this weekend.

This is a UD who is still putting on weight, so not getting the chop just yet
IMG_74755.JPG

This SC still has a lot more time
IMG_74764.JPG

This SC is really close
IMG_74772.JPG

And so is this JD
IMG_74781.JPG
IMG_74794.JPG

Lil' groupie
IMG_74805.JPG

Will take some pics of the natural planter bed when the time is right, they are really small plants but they are still nice to look at. :circle-of-love: ;)

Back
Top Bottom