Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2017

Thanks Radogast for the nice update on that amazing cola. Well done my friend! :bravo:

Awesome KushGod, thank you for bringing the positive energy :thanks:. The Underdawg is one of the most incredible things I've smelled, actually I'm not sure if it is the Ultra Dawg, I'll have to double check the seed list.

Anyhow, in regards to my force flowers, I think I came across three different variants of the UD (chem pheno), here they are:

Variant #1 (UD chem pheno)
IMG_86764.JPG

Variant #2 (UD chem pheno)

IMG_86786.JPG

Variant #3 (UD chem pheno)
IMG_86795.JPG
IMG_86814.JPG
IMG_86824.JPG

Here are the vegging mothers (OG Kush and two UDs out for Sun during the day, I plan to take clones off these in the future, then release these mothers for a lil fall crop
IMG_86833.JPG

I do still have those Maui Waui seedlings and the sativa Blackberry seedling growing, though slow, who knows what they'll do or if they'll grow into anything nice. :volcano-smiley:

They look lovely. I find it very cool you have so much variation going on and admire the fact you are not afraid to just leave them to the elements and see how they do. I love a bit of pheno hunting myself, it can be something special to see, smell & taste the different samples from each plant and how they differ and compare even though they are from the same seed stock. I hope to have some fun with my Master Kush/Sensi Skunk cross next summer, I used a male Sensi Skunk with phenomenal growth and structure and pollinated a very nice White Label Master Kush female and my seeds are just turning a tan colour in the calyxes now. I can't wait to start checking out the various phenos and see how they do. One quick question, how do you know for sure seeds are ready when they are still on the plant? I can't quite see them properly only their general colour which has just shifted from a greenish colour to a light tan brown?

As you have all these fantastic hybrid cross phenos going on i assume you have seed growing experience and will know when they are ready?

Thanks, Kush!

Long live the twig!

Enjoyed my stroll through as always. :Namaste:

That twig is pretty dank ;) Thanks for the kind words brother :Namaste:

Your garden is always doing well & a joy to see. New strains are always welcome & good for us as growers & users. :Namaste:

Thank you very much BL. Been a more relaxed year as I wanted to take it easy and grow less plants and do less work. I really just enjoy seeing the plants grow and transform through the various stages of their life. With my little set up, it's not possible for me to grow enough to completely be self-reliant. I usually just get my medicine from the collective I go to, as it is properly grown/cured in a sterile environment and analyzed for THC content in a lab, etc.

I get a lot of additionial therapy by seeing the plants grow, just rustling in the wind. :Namaste:

Do you have a stash of Swiss Cheese stored up? I'm surprised you let that one go.

I had my first UltraDawg seed break soil today- I'd like a girl, because if it's a male, I'll need to ask someone for a seed back. I'm out of the UD seeds.

Yeah Rado, I can't believe I'm gonna retire the SC either. It's a strain that always did me right and enjoyed. But the stock is so old now that it just becomes harder and harder to clone. So many great things to say about it, just really looking to dedicate my time and energy into exploring new/different strains. I like the idea of exploring as much genetic diversity as possible, to also explore the diversity of aromas and terpene ratios that can come about in different phenos/variants

No SC saved up. All harvests usually don't last long for me, and not to mention - it is my belief that cannabis is not an herb that should be stored for years. Sometimes it's best to medicate off the plant before its cured, just depends on the terpene profile that changes as the plant is cured. Sometimes enhanced. I've had plants that tasted so much better 1-2 weeks after harvest than they did after a 1-2 month cure, not to mention it tastes much more profound. Seems to be the case with the really sour strains. They're sour as hell off the vine, but after a cure, it's hard to retain the true sour which comes out of the fresh resin

They look lovely. I fi nd it very cool you have so much variation going on and admire the fact you are not afraid to just leave them to the elements and see how they do. I love a bit of pheno hunting myself, it can be something special to see, smell & taste the different samples from each plant and how they differ and compare even though they are from the same seed stock. I hope to have some fun with my Master Kush/Sensi Skunk cross next summer, I used a male Sensi Skunk with phenomenal growth and structure and pollinated a very nice White Label Master Kush female and my seeds are just turning a tan colour in the calyxes now. I can't wait to start checking out the various phenos and see how they do. One quick question, how do you know for sure seeds are ready when they are still on the plant? I can't quite see them properly only their general colour which has just shifted from a greenish colour to a light tan brown?

As you have all these fantastic hybrid cross phenos going on i assume you have seed growing experience and will know when they are ready?

Thanks, Kush!

Howdy mate, I'm no master breeder by any means. Pretty much all my seeds were bred by a friend who is a master breeder and grower.

I have harvested a few amount of seeds in my time, but the seeds are a basically an embryo that gets pollinated and is growing into a self-contained organism pretty much. Like a baby, so the maturation of the seed takes quite a while. I'm sure you could look up an average number, but in general if the plants were pollinated correctly you would see an abundance of seeds. You just take a sample of seeds from around - you want them to be brown and tiger striped and not tan, however I guess it depends on the phenotype of the seed itself. Brown and tiger striped generally means they're done. They can't really be over-ripened, but you can make the mistake of picking an under-ripened seed, the only thing that will happen if you "over-ripened" the seed would be the potential for mold growth because there's so much densely packed areas on the plant over time.

It requires a lot of patience, the process of embryonic development is a complex one :)

That twig is pretty dank ;) Thanks for the kind words brother :Namaste:

Thank you very much BL. Been a more relaxed year as I wanted to take it easy and grow less plants and do less work. I really just enjoy seeing the plants grow and transform through the various stages of their life. With my little set up, it's not possible for me to grow enough to completely be self-reliant. I usually just get my medicine from the collective I go to, as it is properly grown/cured in a sterile environment and analyzed for THC content in a lab, etc.

I get a lot of additionial therapy by seeing the plants grow, just rustling in the wind. :Namaste:

Yeah Rado, I can't believe I'm gonna retire the SC either. It's a strain that always did me right and enjoyed. But the stock is so old now that it just becomes harder and harder to clone. So many great things to say about it, just really looking to dedicate my time and energy into exploring new/different strains. I like the idea of exploring as much genetic diversity as possible, to also explore the diversity of aromas and terpene ratios that can come about in different phenos/variants

No SC saved up. All harvests usually don't last long for me, and not to mention - it is my belief that cannabis is not an herb that should be stored for years. Sometimes it's best to medicate off the plant before its cured, just depends on the terpene profile that changes as the plant is cured. Sometimes enhanced. I've had plants that tasted so much better 1-2 weeks after harvest than they did after a 1-2 month cure, not to mention it tastes much more profound. Seems to be the case with the really sour strains. They're sour as hell off the vine, but after a cure, it's hard to retain the true sour which comes out of the fresh resin

Howdy mate, I'm no master breeder by any means. Pretty much all my seeds were bred by a friend who is a master breeder and grower.

I have harvested a few amount of seeds in my time, but the seeds are a basically an embryo that gets pollinated and is growing into a self-contained organism pretty much. Like a baby, so the maturation of the seed takes quite a while. I'm sure you could look up an average number, but in general if the plants were pollinated correctly you would see an abundance of seeds. You just take a sample of seeds from around - you want them to be brown and tiger striped and not tan, however I guess it depends on the phenotype of the seed itself. Brown and tiger striped generally means they're done. They can't really be over-ripened, but you can make the mistake of picking an under-ripened seed, the only thing that will happen if you "over-ripened" the seed would be the potential for mold growth because there's so much densely packed areas on the plant over time.

It requires a lot of patience, the process of embryonic development is a complex one :)

Ok thanks mate. They've gone 6 weeks or so since pollination but I've been noticing they are starting to split the calyxes more and more every day and they are most definitely clustered together. I'll give them another week to properly darken then I'll pop one or two out to check them over before a full harvest. It's my first ever intended cross pollination so I'm hoping it works out, so far so good, they have changed colour a lot over the last few days and I can even see a faint bit of the tiger striping you mentioned in the seeds at the top of the buds splitting the calyxes so they are ripening for sure I just don't wanna cut them too early and end up with 200 dud seeds. I'm not to worried about mould I was prepared to sacrifice this girl completely for the seed stock it will give me. This is purely a fun project but I'd love it to run smoothly. Thanks for your advice it's appreciated .

Ok thanks mate. They've gone 6 weeks or so since pollination but I've been noticing they are starting to split the calyxes more and more every day and they are most definitely clustered together. I'll give them another week to properly darken then I'll pop one or two out to check them over before a full harvest. It's my first ever intended cross pollination so I'm hoping it works out, so far so good, they have changed colour a lot over the last few days and I can even see a faint bit of the tiger striping you mentioned in the seeds at the top of the buds splitting the calyxes so they are ripening for sure I just don't wanna cut them too early and end up with 200 dud seeds. I'm not to worried about mould I was prepared to sacrifice this girl completely for the seed stock it will give me. This is purely a fun project but I'd love it to run smoothly. Thanks for your advice it's appreciated .

I just wait until harvest time to harvest seeds along with the buds.

I'm not a breeder. Seeds taken at full cloudy have been viable. Mostly tan or brown with dark speckles or stripes - depending on the genetics, Dark Devil seeds are almost black. If seeds are at all green, I toss them.

I just wait until harvest time to harvest seeds along with the buds.

I'm not a breeder. Seeds taken at full cloudy have been viable. Mostly tan or brown with dark speckles or stripes - depending on the genetics, Dark Devil seeds are almost black. If seeds are at all green, I toss them.

Nice one, appreciate the reply. Trichomes are definitely cloudy with a few clear but not many, the only amber I see is in the top sugar leaves and not actually on the buds but the THC glands themselves are now beginning to topple so I'm in the window for harvest as she went a few weeks before pollination as well.

A couple pics:

The last of the UD force flowers, getting close
IMG_897011.JPG

The main group in the planter (SC,JD,SDD,OGK)
IMG_89759.JPG

They will be fed a probiotic transition tea tomorrow (Dr. Earth Flower Girl, brewed/cultured for 24 hours)

Thanks BL, I expect to see the JD turn completely purple again, as this pheno does it like clockwork upon flowering and cooler weather. The SDD also has the tendency to become dark pink. SC usually fades real hard but right now there is still a lot of left over nitrogen. She's flowering real quick, owed to the Skunk #1 in there. It's great to have a plant that has the terpene profile/medicinal effect of a sativa dominant, but flowers among the fastest of indicas. The OGK should be interesting, I always felt that OGK was hard to come out right when grown outdoors and seems like one of those strains that needs to be done indoors in a sterile environment to really become proper.

But you can squeeze out some different terpene ratios due to the Sun.

Oh, here are some more pics of the remaining UD force flower which I'll probably cut in the next couple days. The buds have a sour musty lemon/lime with skunk undertones. This particular variant had the nicest and most uniform bud structure, in addition to the resin secretion, had all the best characteristics.
IMG_89769.JPG
IMG_89779.JPG
IMG_89785.JPG
IMG_89795.JPG
IMG_89806.JPG

So apparently this is not the same UD I used to grow (Underdawg, which was Special Unknown #1 x NYCD x CHEM91).

This UD is apparently the "Ultradawg" which I think is MK Ultra x NYCD X CHEM91. It is the chem pheno which was bred in the mountains of Italy.

It sure is good herb, from the recent plants I harvested I had a side-by-side comparison between the Ultradawg and some authentic Super Lemon Haze from the dispensary. Both are crazy in terms of lemony, the Ultradawg is giving the SLH a run for its money ;)

Mahalo CS :thanks:

Few more pics of the planter from today. Decided to just release the remaining 2 UDs and the OGK. Decided not to clone them and will just start some new strains from seeds from scratch.

So planter contains: 1 JD, 1 SC, 2 SDD, 2 OGK, and 2 UD
IMG_89828.JPG
IMG_89836.JPG
IMG_89848.JPG
IMG_89857.JPG
IMG_89868.JPG
IMG_89876.JPG

The new strains I'm attempting to germinate are:

-Aurora Ultra Confidential
-Jack Herer
-Ultradawg (boom pheno)
-Special Unknown #1

:Namaste:

Thanks NW, I'm happy with my little plants. It's more about getting to see them grow and transform than "pulling in mad pounds", but I do enjoy them seedless fruits. ;)

Here is a shot of the recently harvested italian bred UD (chem pheno). It smells pretty powerful, with a lingering waft when you open the jar. Has some skunk undertones, has a really fruity/sour/lime thing going on.
FullSizeRender_1_45.jpg

Tried a vape bowl and it was pretty potent :volcano-smiley:

Just doing a drive by... Hmmm Italian UD variant? I seem to have two strains of an Italian Bred UD going myself. Could be the same? I got mine from a member here outta Italy,,, could be the same? Girls look good,,, GL and Keepem Green

Few pics. Things going pretty good. Had to cut a few small flowers off due to a little mold. Otherwise all good.
IMG_90104.JPG

Here are the new UD (boom pheno) sprouts, they're pretty vigorous
IMG_90165.JPG

And those Maui Waui's I'm nursing, they're growing kind of slow. Could have some males. We'll see. I fimmed a few of them hoping to get some internode growth. These were just for fun. Vegging them the veg chamber mostly
IMG_90175.JPG

Greetings from Greece. :ciao: Looking good, Lester.

Nice to have outdoor sprouts in September. :surf:

Aloha brother :ciao: Yes yes, will have to veg these ones in the chamber though, will aim to select the females and then undergo cloning at some point. The UD is a stellar strain :volcano-smiley:

Few more pics of the current flowers:

This one is either MK Ultra or OG Kush
IMG_90197.JPG
IMG_90205.JPG

This is the Sour Diesel x NYCD x CHEM91
IMG_90211.JPG

The Jack Dawg x NYCD x CHEM91
IMG_90235.JPG

The Swiss Cheese (Swiss Miss x Skunk #1)
IMG_90222.JPG

Not my best batch of flowers but they're nice to have around. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom