Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

Those plants are pretty sad compared to what you normally produce, but Hell what fun would it be if every thing went perfect every time. Your still gonna get something which is better than Nothing. I 'm sure the next round will make up for it. Have a nice SUNDAY my friend. TOAST

True, something is better than nothing. With those little tiny plants, I tried to rush in a crop at the last minute, and they ended up flowering right away. Oh well, yeah - can't be perfect all the time LOL. They were basically just extra plants I had just hoped would explode with growth, but they didn't. Luckily I have some decent little force flower plants that are making up for it. And hopefully I can get a nice fall batch growing when I release some fresh mothers. :thanks: :Namaste:

Here are my ladies on this fine day

Groupie
IMG_75463.JPG

Sour Diesel x NYCD x Chem91 - Lime pheno
IMG_75483.JPG

Blueberry x Santa Maria - pure sativa pheno
IMG_75494.JPG

Jack Herer x NYCD x Chem91
IMG_75506.JPG

Couple pics from this nice morning, the humidity cleared up and some drier winds came about. So I fertilized some of the specimens with some bat guano. Swiss Cheese (the front left) is next on the chopping block for today or tomorrow, and the pot has been allowed to dry out.

IMG_75534.JPG

Here's that JD, which is still coloring/growing
IMG_75543.JPG

Good Day :Namaste:

Couple more pics of the JD

IMG_75553.JPG
IMG_75565.JPG

And two of the Sour Diesel Dawg (this is a really prized strain, first clone to be flowered since the original mother several months ago, far as I know, no one else on Earth has this particular hybrid)
IMG_75576.JPG
IMG_75586.JPG

How long is too soon to use Azamax before harvest?

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I usually stop spraying about ~4 weeks prior to harvest, I don't like to spray them as they get more mature and frosty, usually it does the trick with those earlier applications. BUT, it is possible to get a fresh infestation at the last few days before harvest, in which case, it's plain bad luck. For instance, the other day, in the morning I noticed that eggs had been laid strategically on every single bud, some deep in the bud, some under leaflets, making them hard to detect. At that point under normal incubation conditions, the eggs will hatch in 24-48 hours, BUT since the compounds secreted by cannabis, in the resin glands, also act as a natural insecticide (sometimes), it's possible that larvae won't be able to forage through the buds as effectively as an adult who has been living inside the bud for multiple weeks. In this case, it's just bad luck. Since my plants are small, I can pick off the eggs with an ice-pick (how incredibly tedious). I'm more apprehensive about spraying closer to harvest for various reasons, but it can be done depending on the conditions or level of infestation. So I would say that at 1-3 weeks out from harvest, I wouldn't spray, but that's just me.

Cool Keepem Green

:thanks: Will post some pics later this weekend

I am as proactive as possible in spraying for mites. I have one plant that is a mite magnet. She got her last spray on August 28th. In the last 1.5 weeks I've noticed plenty of signs of mite damage but she is still growing extremely well. I'm not seeing webs yet. She has high brix levels and seems to be weathering the situation well. I estimate another two+ weeks before harvest. I will not spray again. I want a minimum of 4 weeks after my final spray before harvesting. Hopefully she'll keep chugging along to her conclusion w/o major mite damage.

I am as proactive as possible in spraying for mites. I have one plant that is a mite magnet. She got her last spray on August 28th. In the last 1.5 weeks I've noticed plenty of signs of mite damage but she is still growing extremely well. I'm not seeing webs yet. She has high brix levels and seems to be weathering the situation well. I estimate another two+ weeks before harvest. I will not spray again. I want a minimum of 4 weeks after my final spray before harvesting. Hopefully she'll keep chugging along to her conclusion w/o major mite damage.

Ah yes, the mites (although I should have specified I was taking about worms/caterpillars). Mites are relentless creatures, I've noticed that they tend to build up a small resistance to the azamax, so every once 'n a while it's better to use a slightly more concentrated dose to help wipe them out (when spraying is allowable).

Best of luck with your flowers finishing up in the coming weeks :Namaste:

Upon further inspection, a small worm infestation was confirmed in particularly only the Jack Dawg. However, the other Dawgs are ripe too, so that makes today harvest and salvage day for most of the flowering plants.

Wish me luck :thanks:

PS, Pretty much a bad luck scenario, getting the infestation so late into flower. Oh well, I've done pretty darn good this year, with this being the first infestation of the year so far for me, but been flowering plants in cycle since December of last year. Can't win them all, but still am happy with how this year has gone.

And it's not over yet, can't wait to get my fresh veggie mothers into flower at some point in the near future.

I actually knew there'd be a good chance of this happening, because of the recent hot weather, we had 85 degree temps at night inside the dark chamber, so I had started leaving the plants outside at night, my suspicions were confirmed that, for me in my garden, if I leave "naked plants" out at night, there is essentially a 90-100% chance of waking up to an infestation. They go after the aromatic flowers like wolves going after fresh meat.

Now I know for sure what will happen when I leave them on the bricks and not bring them into the chamber or have them in the tent

All of the Sour Diesel Dawg has been harvested - much to my pleasure - no worms at all and properly ripened. Boy this stuff looks good. Some pics later.

Now time to tackle the Jack Dawg. But gonna let the pure sativa BB x SM go for about 1 more week, it had a couple of small worms but I think I found them all. Sure glad I spotted 'em in the JD though, right in time for the harvest window so it's all good :allgood:

Finally done for the day.

Here is the SDD
IMG_75878.JPG
IMG_75885.JPG

And the JD
IMG_75895.JPG
IMG_75923.JPG

Only found 1 small worm during the JD harvest, looked in each nook and cranny and am 99% sure all is clean and good. I'm glad I caught it early because they were clearly still larvae/hatchlings, had I let those plants go another week unsuspecting, they would have grown and devoured a lot more. There was basically zero waste, aside me being picky about a few of the flowers. Overall real happy with this.

Feels nice to make progress :Namaste:

Man I seen my share of worms dropping by a thread outta plants a hanging before. I haven't seen one in the last few years and they are all over the place. I have a damn walnut tree in my neighbor's yard, that every year has a bag worn nest somewhere on it too. Man, bagworms hit a crop I was growing once on a guerilla grow back when, suckers wiped out like 25 big ass plants in afew days. Came back pulled the boat up and seen all my girls covered in web. Oh well,,, wasted that year. But Portland area has alot of what we call bud worms, I swear by that Captin Jack's shit once like 28 days before harvest. Stuff lasts like 3 weeks. Just my 2 cents my friend. I know your to far in, but if you have a problem and she ever keeps happening look into it. Work great for me,,, haven't seen a worm since, and I do have full nets hanging, still no worms. Congrats on the harvest and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom