Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

Everytime I use a store bought potting soil, I get fungus gnats.

Even if the potting soil has been sitting for a year, when I water it, I get fungus gnats.

Yeah, that happens to me too, but Azamax seems to be the magic solution for me. It's never failed me yet.

Here are my little vegging mothers today

Sour Diesel Dawgs
IMG_76633.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_76643.JPG

Underdawg
IMG_76655.JPG

Jack Dawg
IMG_76664.JPG

Decided to move forward with the clone and release, can't really wait any longer to do it. Should make for potential harvest in late December or so. They're small plants, they were root bound because my veg chamber is pretty small so they couldn't fit in there after a transplant.

So I've transplanted the UD, JD, and SC and will be left out to flower now, the SDDs are being kept in vegetation with the clones I took.

8 clones, 2 of each strain, I take pretty small clones and so far haven't had any problems, they root in sphagnum peat moss, dipped in clonex rooting gel, and I added D&S mycorrhizae to the peat. I sure hope they root regularly. Will switch the lights on to 24/0 for a few weeks

IMG_76673.JPG

The SDDs, a bit too small to release yet, so I'll just hang on to these twins in veg
IMG_76683.JPG

Here's the ol' Swiss Cheese, she's slightly raggity, she's had some metabolic confusions, but hopefully we are over that hump now
IMG_76695.JPG

This is the UD, this one I'm happy about, so I did some LST to give the internodes more light on each branch. Usually this strain fills out full colas like that so hopefully that works out
IMG_76724.JPG

Here's the JD, kinda has weak stems, so hopefully it goes through a nice spurt being put into flower mode
IMG_76733.JPG

I've had to do another drench to combat the fungus gnats, and will need to do another round of spraying to fight off the mites. They're being pretty relentless at the current moment, so will probably increase the dosage to really put a dent in their populations

Wish me luck :thanks:

Nice can I watch? Loving those pots. I'd like to pull up a comfy leather armchair with my pipe and watch this grow. Subbed.

Pull up a chair, just in time for the winter grow ;) It was 85 degrees F today. In middle November. :surf:

You know I bought this stuff go GoGnats. Really funny stuff. It leaves a slick on top of the water which looks like really fine fiberglass. That's the only way I can describe it. I've only used it once and worked great. I've found never to over do the organics. They love shit. And keep turning the top couple inches of soil with a fork or something. Could hurt to move alittle soil around thru the drain hole too. And these soilless substrates we use, mostly coconut pith, do draw gnats. I always have acouple around. Girls look like they are liking it out there under the big HID in the sky. Keepem Green

Gotta love morning Sun :circle-of-love:

IMG_76825.JPG

Check out those bags of soil !

Nice can I watch? Loving those pots. I'd like to pull up a comfy leather armchair with my pipe and watch this grow. Subbed.

Of course you love those pots - they're POTS O' GOLD !

Pull up a chair, just in time for the winter grow ;) It was 85 degrees F today. In middle November. :surf:

Make me jealous much? - nope ! In the often bitter Midwest, 68 degrees and I walked outside barefoot his afternoon. :)

Yes, I very much like the "Pot O Gold" soil by Dr. Earth, it has less of a manure smell so it doesn't attract the gnats as much some of the other Dr. Earth variants I've tried. All are great soil though. Me, I'm a simple gardener, fill up a pot with some of that soil and stick a plant in it and watch her grow.

The nights have been cold, but the days have been warm, it's gonna be tough to produce a decent bud this time of year, so I'm not totally sure how this batch is gonna run. It will at least be nice to have a few plants out there doing what plants do; for general garden aesthetics, even if they do not produce something worth while.

Here's the UD, no signs of pre-flower even, yet
IMG_76984.JPG

Couple group shots
IMG_76973.JPG
IMG_76991.JPG
:Namaste:

The plants are finally starting to flower, warm 75 degree days and cold nights in the 50s, they need to be sprayed for azamax because of the darn mites too

Jack Dawg
IMG_77116.JPG

Underdawg
IMG_77122.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_77134.JPG

and these two Sour Diesel Dawgs are still being kept in veg
IMG_77143.JPG

Most of the clones have rooted, but not worth showing them yet.. ;)

Took my little ladies in to escape the storms. They thanked me for it. ;) (btw, they were fed with a dose of D&S Step 2 to fix any potential micronute deficiencies, they're looking a lot better now than they were before), they also might have had a cold shock. SC is furthest along.

Jack Dawg
IMG_77152.JPG

Underdawg
IMG_77163.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_77173.JPG

Here are the Sour Diesel Dawg mothers in veg, you can see some of the rooted clones behind. I'm pretty sure I take the smallest possible clones, it's like a world record. But it usually works with good success using both added mycorrhizae powder and the clonex rooting gel. Looks like it was a 7/8 success rate (~88%) or so. There's still 2 that aren't fully rooted yet.
IMG_77184.JPG

Rather large update

This is the Underdawg
IMG_77563.JPG

Here is the Jack Dawg, starting to change colors as expected
IMG_77574.JPG
IMG_77595.JPG
IMG_77604.JPG

Swiss Cheese - flowering very quickly and actually putting out some nice and unique flowers for this time of year (I've had this strain finish flowering after 40-45 days several times)
IMG_77584.JPG
IMG_77614.JPG
IMG_77632.JPG
IMG_77644.JPG
IMG_77665.JPG

A SDD that is still adjusting to the less light after being recently released, will be a couple weeks before she really gets going into gear
IMG_77676.JPG

Now, here's some documentation of the generational mother clones, I just keep cloning the clones over and over again, pretty amazing feature of a species that we can do this. This time worked a lot better using a high level of powdered mycorrhizae in the peat mix

Group shot (contains SC, JD, UD, SDD)
IMG_77685.JPG

The Jack Dawgs really came out nice out of the gate, really impressed. Don't think I ever had such a good clone response - really nice branching
IMG_77694.JPG
IMG_77703.JPG

Here's a SDD that was nothing but a tiny twig with 1 leaf when I cloned it
IMG_77714.JPG

Here's the other SDD twig that I cloned, it hung onto its life by the skin of its teeth, believe it or not - it is rooted and growing completely new leaf matter now. It is hydrolyzing the stored sugars in those leaves and funneling the energy to the new growth sites, truly an amazing/calculated feat if you ask me. The starch in the petiole has a lot of energy to do this. So this is about the lower limit of size of clones. They need enough sugar stored to have enough energy balance to do it.
IMG_77745.JPG

This is a UD clone, also basically was a twig - it's rooted, but going slow. She'll take off eventually.
IMG_77734.JPG

Almost forgot, this is one of the Swiss Cheese clones, that was a flowering twig when I cloned it, reverted back under 24/0 nicely.
IMG_77726.JPG

As you could probably notice, I had some mite damage, that has since been dealt with for now. They were relentless for awhile.

Aloha :ciao:

I know you seen this pic,,, but this is how my outdoor girls are doing;
c207.jpg

I don't think they are coming back..............Keepem Green

I know you seen this pic,,, but this is how my outdoor girls are doing;
c207.jpg

I don't think they are coming back..............Keepem Green

That is really an amazing picture. :thanks: And such a nice addition to the journal - to contrast the difference in latitude. It is quite cool here, low 50s tonight. :laugh:

UD
IMG_77857.JPG

JD
IMG_77815.JPG
IMG_77846.JPG

SC
IMG_77919.JPG
IMG_77925.JPG

Here were those SC twigs (the ones that were flowering when I cloned them) - a nodal explosion has occurred, shoots are coming from everywhere.

IMG_77934.JPG
IMG_77948.JPG

Back
Top Bottom