Robbie B's 5th Grow

Thank you admins for changing the name of my journal.

Shortly I am going to get into grow 6 and I just want to maintain the same journal. Thank you also to those who are sub'd.

Harvest for grow #5 is two weeks away. Plants started on a 8 ON / 16 OFF light cycle today with the main light cranked to 660W. Blue lights are down to 4hrs and UVB lights are down to 2hrs.

Hi all

Here's a vid I took the other night. Coming along at day 48. Feeding at EC1.8 or lower with high potassium silicate and amino acids. Small amount (<50% strength) of A&B and 75% strength of Monsta Bud and Ozi Tonic. Been on 8hrs of light for a few days. Flush day is 3.5 days away.

You'll see how coloured the pistils are on the widow. Trichomes are good though with about 30% cloudy, <5% amber and the rest clear. By 3.5 days time, cloudy should hit 40% which is my target for flushing.

[video=vimeo;217677180]
[/video]

Hi again

Ok got my act together and also took a few photos of the girls today. This is day 52.

White Widow

White_Widow65.JPG

Remaining are Super Skunk. From earlier photos you may recognise the flower with the half dead leaf (light burn). Interesting how that has developed. It's easy to watch for as it has a distinct marker.

One_to_watch3.JPG

Super_Skunk21.JPG

Super_Skunk12.JPG

Day 54. 2 days before the flush. Checked the trics tonight and the widow is maturing a little earlier than the super skunk and could be pulled a day or two early, but logistics says do them all on the same day.

I took at video of the trics to show what they look like just before flush. I'm looking for 40% cloudy. This is the case with Super Skunk, but Widow is a bit higher.

If you've ever used a 1000x USB microsope before, you'll understand how hard it is to focus and stay still. I've done my best lol. Edited out the movement from bud to bud. Goes for about 5min. Tric candy :)

[video=vimeo;217995378]
[/video]

Here are some happy snaps from the video

Trics31.png

Trics21.png

Trics11.png

This is the schedule for the final week.

DateTimeframeTo doLight OnLight Off
SaturdaydayHarvest
FridaynightThe long night. 31hrs darknessOffOff
Thursdaynight11:00pm3:00am
WednesdaynightFinal Water 9:00pm5:00am
Tuesdaynight9:00pm5:00am
MondaynightWater9:00pm5:00am
Sundaynight9:00pm5:00am
SaturdaydayFlush9:00pm5:00am

Again thank you very much admins for the assistance in the name change again! You are very patient :).

I tallied up all of the nutes I used for grow #5 (flowering phase only). For grow #6, some of these will vary (silica and amino will go up, boost will go down) but here's what I did for grow #5.

A&BRhizoZymPK 13/14BoostAminoTraceSilicaMolasses (g)CalMagMonsta BudBig BudOzi Tonic
mL Used1828528205843216743867488141501160317500

Day 59 of flower. Only 4 days to go! Leaves are turning a nice yellow colour from the flush. Trics on widow are [clear/cloudy/amber] 10/75/15 and on super skunk 30/65/5 which is ok.

Scrog

Scrog63.jpg

Widow

Widow33.jpg

Widow211.jpg

Widow114.jpg

Super Skunk

Skunk510.jpg

Skunk411.jpg

Skunk312.jpg

Skunk217.jpg

Skunk122.jpg

Hi all. Day 60 now. Before the pics though, thought I'd share some environment graphs.

I have several Arduino's that take measurements, talk to one another and even give each other commands when one of them dies. When combined with the ambient temperature, the measurements make for interesting graphing (if you're into that lol). It helped me decide on ventilation, humidity control etc. Quite handy for measuring impacts too. I could actually set it up to do everything (nearly everything... feed wise at least) automatically, but that's a fair bit of work and hardware to get the nute doses, pH and EC correct. The data is uploaded to a TeamSpeak server where I can access the data and graphs on the interwebs after a bit of MathLab coding. Kind of fun and interesting :)

If anyone else is into Arduino's, I'd be interested to hear from you about what you've done with them.

Environment.PNG

Grow 5 is complete! 8hrs of chopping and now ready for drying. HUGE thanks to a friend for helping me out.

Here are some chopping pics. About 1 week drying now, then 2 weeks of curing.

Tonight (or maybe tomorrow...) I start my new grow journal - Grow #6! I'll be updating a few of the graphs etc in the next journal to reflect what I did in this grow.

White Widow

Widow34.jpg

Widow212.jpg

Widow115.jpg

A hanging Super Skunk branch

ss7_branch.jpg

Super Skunk

ss91.jpg

ss82.jpg

ss62.jpg

ss53.jpg

ss4_watch.jpg

ss38.jpg

ss117.jpg

ss102.jpg

SS5_tape.jpg

SS214.jpg

SS117.jpg

Just hanging out

hang6.jpg

Hi all. Yes need to put pics up. Need to get them off a mate's device though. Everyone curing now and will put the final pics up soon. Final yield was about 19oz of bud which is a little under what I was hoping for. Next time, more leaves off and we will compare. More stats to follow.

So final post here from Grow #5. Total yield was about 19oz which is a bit less than what I was initially targeting. Next time more leaves off. Product is good though and will make a lot of oil as well.

Drying

Drying16.JPG

Cleaning: After the girls are removed, it's time for a cleanup

Cleanup1.JPG

Cleanup2.JPG

Curing

Curing3.jpg

Well that's all for Grow #5. Thanks for following along and be sure to join in for another exciting grow (Grow #6) to be documented shortly.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom