RobertsPlant Multi Strain Grow

RobertsPlant

I'm doing my first grow in about 15 years. Ordered Kali Mist(Serious Seeds), Black Widow(Mr. Nice) and White Rhino(feminized-Green House) seeds. Got White Widow, Cinderella99 and G13 x Skunk free. Thanks Seedsman for the quality seeds. Initially, I have planted 3 Kali Mist, 2 White Rhino, 2 Black Widow, and 2 Cinderella99 seeds. All seeds sprouted in about 5 days via the paper towel method. About 3 weeks old now. Growing them in shaved coconut shells. Waiting a few more weeks and will clone them, and start flowering the originals to see which are girls. Using the Blue Planet 3-part for food. Have some high phosphorus bat guano from Blue Planet in the wings for the flowering process.

I am using a wardrobe style home-built cabinet. About 3’ x 2’ footprint by about 8 feet tall total. The bottom 2 foot section is separated and is being used for veg and cloning. Built a mystic cloner from here Making The SH Mistic Cloner and have 2 2-foot double bulb fluorescents for initial grow. 8 feet of total light. Top section is about 6 feet tall and is going to be for flowering. I am using a 400 watt HPS for flowering, a 6” valu-line centrifugal fan with a homebuilt carbon filter from here DIY Can-Filter about 30” tall for filtering and exhaust.

Due to the space limitations, I am planning on sending the clones to flower almost immediately after planting. Maybe give them a couple weeks to adjust. Going for about 4 foot tall when done flowering.

Anything I am missing so far? Thanks for any input.:thumb:

You can control the height and also increase available tops by using training techniques such as LST, Supercropping, Scrog and topping :) will help bush the plants out as much as you want to train them, will help fill your tent, control vertical height and increase yield.

Also, along with the BPN nutrients, throw in a compost tea every once and a while and your plants will love you for it...try to do it about every 3rd or 4th watering :)

You can control the height and also increase available tops by using training techniques such as LST, Supercropping, Scrog and topping :) will help bush the plants out as much as you want to train them, will help fill your tent, control vertical height and increase yield.

Nine seeds started, six square feet grow-box footprint. How bushy should he try to make them? Greenlock happens, and it's not pretty.
Two plants with short veg and no fancy techniques will fill that little box.

Nine seeds started, six square feet grow-box footprint. How bushy should he try to make them? Greenlock happens, and it's not pretty.
Two plants with short veg and no fancy techniques will fill that little box.

agree with your point, mostly was suggesting them for height control but ur right, he probably would be better of just growing them normal.

Thanks for the replies. Icemud, I'll look into the compost tea. I started out with this many plants, figuring some of them will turn out male and need pulled anyway. Goal is to run a cycle of 1 girl each. I am venting from an air conditioned room. Air comes into the cabinet at the bottom section, then is pulled by a high flow 4" fan into the flowering section. From there, the 6" fan pulls air through the filter and out of the room. I've actually transplanted the plants to 6" pots and moved them up to the flowering room and am running the HPS at 18/6 right now to get some growth before I clone. Cabinet is running in the mid 80s with the 18/6 and the top section door cracked. Adding another vent fan this weekend to try and get the temps down a bit more. I figure that will be my big hurdle in the small space.

Well, nice surprise. When I last grew, I kept back about a dozen seeds. Kept them in a 35mm film case all these years. These have to be about 10-12 years old. Well, out of all of them, one sprouted a couple weeks ago. I planted it, and its taking off. Only 2 strains I was working with then were Kali Mist and White Rhino. This one has nice thin leaves so it must be Kali. The old strain too, I think. :) Got them directly from Serious at the time. Still have the little envelope of theirs with the bearded guy on the front they came in. Kind of hoping its a boy so I can flower it with the Kali I am working with now. Get some of the old strain back into it. The new Kali plants are a bit thicker leaves. I'll try and get a few pics up this weekend.

Found the original envelope with Canadian stamps, and a couple old notes, and it looks like the old KM seeds were originally purchased through Heaven's Stairway back in 1999.

Here is a pic of the leaf structure of the 12-13 year old Kali Mist seed that sprouted. Seems much more Sativa influenced than the new ones. Very thin leaves on this one. Notice how in both of the first multi leaves, one of the side leaves is fused to the center leaf. Symmetrical from one side to the other side. If I recall, they did the same back in 1999 when I grew Kali.
old-KM.jpg

New Kail Mist seedling. All three that sprouted have very similar leaf size. A bit wider than the one above.
new-KM.jpg

For reference, here is one of the White Rhinos. Nice WIDE Indica leaves.
WR38.jpg

A little update. The good news....ended up with all females but 1. The bad news....ended up with all females but 1. I started out with 4 Kali Mist, 2 Black Widow, 2 Cinderella99, 2 White Rhino, and 2 bag seed indicas. 1 of the KM ended up male. So I have too many plants for this space really. Guess its not a real bad problem to have. I ended up pulling a C99 and a KM and putting them back down in the clone area. They were being stunted by the volume of plants.

I am 5 weeks into flowering, and the remainder of the plants are doing great. Cant seem to take a quality pic with my cell. Need to break out the digi camera I guess. One trick I am doing is with watering. Since I have so many plants, it was difficult to get to the pots to water. I went and got a long funnel from an auto parts store that is used for oil changes. The long funnel makes it very easy to get down to the pots to water.

Most of my plants are about 3 feet tall now at 5 weeks flowering. About how much more height should I expect by week 10-14? Should they slow down soon and start to swell more than grow upward soon?

Everything looks good. Keeping temps in the mid 70s with 40-60% humidity. Leaves look good, and the buds are coming on strong. My biggest worry is running out of room as the plants bulk up.

BTW, I really appreciate all the info on this site. Anything I have needed to search has come back with excellent information. My 100x magnifier is on the way, getting ready to start looking at trichromes in a few weeks. Have a drying/curing cabinet ready to go. Just need to get a case of Mason jars yet for storage and I'll be ready for harvest/curing. Wish me luck.

Kali Mist may go longer, but the rest of them should be done eight or nine weeks. I don't judge by trich magnifieds, but by a near stoppage of new pistils. I never want dense Indica colas to wait too long, for fear of bud rot. Sativas are fluffier for circulation of tropic air.
Lower humidity and increased air circulation are keys to accommodating a 'full house'.

I had read here that the Black Widow (original White Widow strain) is best at 13-14 weeks? I just got my 60-100x loupe yesterday. Damn its tough to keep that still enough to get a good look. Need some practice. I have real nice circulation going. 2 high flow 4" fans pulling cool air into the cabinet and a 6" high flow exhaust fan pulling air out through a carbon filter.

Is it OK to trim out some of the fan leaves to make room for the buds? With so many plants I had allot of fan leaves shading, so I trimmed some of them out.

Thanks for the reply man.

Sometimes the breeder says how long the strain should ripen, and sometimes they're right. What I know is that there's a window of opportunity that's fairly wide open.
I take out fan leaves that shade buds, but not radical defoliation. Some growers trim none and others get drastic. Good results seem independent, but I have my reasons.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom