Room Revamp

Yeah nice room you two have going. Carbon filters seem to be all the rage lately. They do a good job. Carbon filters have a hard time with humidity. So they don't work right if the RH is above 70%.

This is our first grow attempt together. It's something we've been talking about doing for quite some time.

Myself, I've been horticulturally active for as long as I can remember. My mother taught me a great deal about plants of all kinds while growing up. I even grow my own herbs at our place. For me, growing marijuana was simply like any other plant -- you just need to know what the individual plant needs. Luckily, I also have my dad who is a veteran pot grower always willing to offer some advice.

Jebus comes from a horticulturally active family as well, plus has tried his hand at a few previous attempts (he's admitted none turned out as well as these, but we've put a lot of work into this one). He's also been glued to his computer researching/watching vids/reading mags to learn more. (I'm gonna hear about this now, I give him a hard time ;) )

We've also both helped out various friends with their grow.

Hearing that our journal has made such an impact is very flattering!!
Feel free to follow our grow along with us and hopefully one day we'll be reading a journal of yours ;)

Hey I am just doing some research , OK? hehe, knowledge is great, definately helps to see what others are doing and have done, but getting in there and doing it are the best way to learn, so I do both. We would be honoured if you used our room to help you, we are all in this together right ?
PS managed to get the fans on early enough its staying at 30 degrees celcius, 86 degrees farenheight or so. Still about warm but getting there.
As vexy was saying I tried 3 or 4 crops, in closets with just flourescents, always got some good smoke, but not enough, and not full enough, but rewarding still. Well welcome to the world of HID, and we hjave ourselves some bud.

SeXy VeXy said:
I even grow my own herbs at our place.
I've been thinking about doing this since I enjoy cooking, I would love to have fresh herbs around. Is it verry difficult? I haven't really looked into it a whole lot but have been kicking around the idea for a while now and would like to do it. Anything particular I should know befor I buy the plants?

Lord Jebus said:
Hey I am just doing some research , OK? hehe, knowledge is great, definately helps to see what others are doing and have done, but getting in there and doing it are the best way to learn, so I do both. We would be honoured if you used our room to help you, we are all in this together right ?
PS managed to get the fans on early enough its staying at 30 degrees celcius, 86 degrees farenheight or so. Still about warm but getting there.
As vexy was saying I tried 3 or 4 crops, in closets with just flourescents, always got some good smoke, but not enough, and not full enough, but rewarding still. Well welcome to the world of HID, and we hjave ourselves some bud.
Yeah research is great. No bad in that. I search to expand my ganja knowlage all day everyday. Sounds like I have no life, well I don't lol. It does help to see what others do... Everyone has their own ways and techniques for growing. It helps alot when you can have discussin of them. I constantly change my ways. No alot but anything I see that I like, I try. The first time I tryed growing was in a closit with a damn incandlesent. Well that was when I was very young. Then I learn something from reading and used floros. Had a few good harvest but they were to small. When you move onto HIDs you make a huge step. Your yeild really incresses. When I am in need of my Meds, and grow my own. HPS is the way to go. Only thing about them, is they make a whole lot of heat. If you are using the MH right now, wait untill you get the HPS in there. They make even more heat.

Yeah we are purchasing a 400 watt HPS and ballast for flowering, and picking up a good set of fertilizers from the grow store on payday, then we will see some growth.

Heres the Veg room after we redid it with white/black plastic.

4, 4 foot grolux fluorescents over clones
Veg11.JPG

Veg21.JPG

A tray of clones in Peat Pucks 5at 5 days
PeatPotClones1.JPG

A tray of clones in Grodan
HydroClones1.JPG

I cant wait to switch to bucket hydro in the HID room next, and I am designing and building a drip hydro for mothers and veg in the other space

I have a drip hydro system. I recomend them for beginners in hydro. They are easy to figure out and work well. You have a nice amount of clones there.

Yeah, the soil clones are for trade with a grower friend of mine. Bringing in another strain, not sure what he told me it was, I know it has NL in it, and its stanky enough to kill a horse.
We took more than we needed, more to manicure the plants and get them to do what we wanted, besides, the more the merrier .:grinjoint: :cool:

Just ran a 4 inch 120 volt pusher fan suspended in Veg closet cycling fresh air towards the bottom. BTW, has anyone else ever grown NL x Hash Plant before, love to know your results. As soon as SeXy VeXy gets up we will do some pics of the HID room and the mothers

Thanks, that means alot coming fom you. I went through all your journals last night, and you know everyone has already said it but, you took the time, did it right. In the words of Wayne's World - "Were not worthy, were not worthy . . "

Heres some pics of the ladies in HID, The bottom fan leafs on the one are wilting a bit, and the tips are dried out on a couple of them, anyone got any ideas?
Group21.JPG

Mother2_3623481.JPG

Mother1_278491.JPG

Group12.JPG

Anyone wondering cost wise, including the original purchase of light and ballast we are up to 300, it will be about 5oo or just over with the new 140 cfm blower fan and the HPS 400 watt ballast and bulb.

Well, I think we solved the curl problem. They went from fluorescents since they were clones to being a foot away from an HID. So I backed the light to 15 inches. Called the grow store, they are bringing in a 400 watt conversion HPS bulb so we dont have to get a new ballast, and its only a 40 watt reduction. 360 watts and 45000 intial lumens. Hopefully the money we save on not buying a ballast can build the drip hyrdo table and setup for our new mothers.:bong:

Anyone built a hyrdo drip system for a closet? I have a 5 gal pail with a fluid pump and oxygen pump attached, its a small fish pump but should supply 2 mother and some veging plants. Oh yeah, what kind of nutrients do you guys use?

I have. I built mine for a cabinet, but it fits in a closet. I used a rubbermaid container. I forget what size. Drilled holes in the lid. Put a drip manuflod, and pump. When it waters it it drips down back to the resivuar. The easyest hydro nutes to use are the General Hydroponics, flora 3 part nutes. They are three colors, burgandy, orange, and green. Jebus your color blind like me as I recall so the colors will help vexy know what Im talking about.

general hydroponics for the nutes like smokey said. I use the same one's. I also use another nutrient that is considered to be "liguid gold". The people at the hydro store where I bought just about everything in my hydro room kept pushing this stuff. It's the only thing they really pushed on me. But, I must say it seems to be worth its weight in gold. It's called Hygrozyme. It's pretty expensive though. About $135/ gallon. Figure on using 6ml to every gallon of nutes for seedlings/clones. veg would be 8ml/gallon and flower would be 10-15ml/gallon. Hygrozyme is not needed to have a successful crop though. It's just something that will make those girls grow faster and bigger. :cheesygrinsmiley:

brett2themax said:
I've been thinking about doing this since I enjoy cooking, I would love to have fresh herbs around. Is it verry difficult? I haven't really looked into it a whole lot but have been kicking around the idea for a while now and would like to do it. Anything particular I should know befor I buy the plants?
Incredibly easy! Most herbs are hardy plants that can tolerate a fair amount of abuse... mind you, they don't like the cold.
I had mine in a tank with grow flouros on top of them. No particular timing is required... I would turn them on when I woke up and turn them off when I went to bed.

I'd recommend starting from seed rather than purchasing a plant from a garden centre. Plants can be hard to track down, and will cost the same as a package of seeds... but the seeds will you keep you going a lot longer!

What were you thinking of growing?? Then I can provide more herb-specific advice ;)

Back
Top Bottom