Sabo's 2nd Grow Darkstar Project One Plant Only

Calyx,

Oh I wish I could do that skateboard thing like Trichomes does, but I can't. I live on 4 acres of land. 3.5 are wooded, so off into the woods she goes in a nice spot, just off the edge of my property!

When we do move her, I'll build one of those things that the slaves carried the Pharaohs around on and me and my buddy will have enough leverage on her so we won't mess up her root structure.

:high-five:

I know you've already decided SABO, but I've been pondering the mother pot question.
Back in my first week I saw nested 5 gallon plastic buckets with the roots draining from the top bucket (with holes) into the bottom 5 gal bucket.

Would it be possible to do a one plant semi-hydro like this with maybe an aquarium bubbler to keep the water fresh?

That's something I would like to try in the future, but I have to keep her in the woods away from the house. I have her spot already selected and that is where she'll spend her summer vacation!

:peace:

Hey SABO, I know your in the smoke some where I can hear you talking (nice crowd you have here). I have plane tickets ready to go by the end of summer your going to need help with "the beast of the East".

That's something I would like to try in the future, but I have to keep her in the woods away from the house. I have her spot already selected and that is where she'll spend her summer vacation!

:peace:

After you mentioned a forest grow, I took a stroll with a loop of rusty chicken wire. I found a spot on the ridge that is about canopy height for the forest.

Crossing the land bridge at the end of the island, right at the trout hole, pass through the fireswamp onto the corporate neighbors land, left at the black wasn't tee before fairyland, then up the ridge to a pile of dead maple trunks. The maple trees tore a big hole in the canopy so the closest trees are about 10 feet above ground level.

A perfect natural meadow with some large, soon to be dead, leafless shrubs. I tossed the chicken wire on the ground as a deer screen.
I'm very pleased to find a secluded spot on someone else's land that I can walk to in 5 minutes under almost complete tree cover.

I'm pretty sure there will be a clone that happens to take root in that chicken wire once I finish growing mother plants :)

Thanks for inspiring me to a near back yard guerilla grow.

Awesome thread you got going I gave you 5 stars. Very good info given and smart on picking the 10 gallon. Remember 1/4 gallon per week for root growth to get max size plant. Having smart pots and air pots I would have to say now smart pots are the way to go. I wish you the best.

Hey SABO, I know your in the smoke some where I can hear you talking (nice crowd you have here). I have plane tickets ready to go by the end of summer your going to need help with "the beast of the East".

No problem 60cal, you may have to fly in for the harvest, may need some help trimming!

:Namaste:

:welcome: CO Finest!

I am glad you made it! Appreciate you stopping by, there is more than enough room by the campfire, so I'll light one up and have a :passitleft:

:thanks:

:tommy: Please :tommy:

A Special Guest is entering the Campgrounds and it is my great pleasure to introduce the Caretaker of "Fluxy the Beast'!

:welcome: Trichster

I almost thought you weren't going to come. I'm glad you did. Pls., have seat on the log by VG. I'd like to have you next to my Buddy! Thank you for reading up on my little adventure & hopefully my "Beast from the East" can get good tips from your "Fluxy"!

:thanks: :circle-of-love:

10 gallon Smart Pot it is, I can have someone help me move it, when the time comes!

:high-five:

I'd go with at least a ten gallon fabric pot with sturdy handles on it - the bigger the better... I reckon one of the biggest challenges will be moving the plant from an outdoor veg to the tent. I'm thinking that the tent is in an upstairs space, but I may be wrong about that... Just a vague recollection.

All along you'll have to keep an eye on things to make sure you can get the beast through doors and into the tent. Moving it will certainly take more than one person. The pot size/weight won't be as big an issue as the spread of the plant.

no better fish to make your own fertilizer

I'm glad I was able to help with yr sig, much better :thumb:

there is no better fish to make your own fertilizer, when filleted,

put fillets & skin, in a blender with your "tea" recipe for DIY "fish emulsion" & bury the bones 3 feet underground/plant

:circle-of-love:

LMK if u think this could be considered OT :thanks:

I'd go with at least a ten gallon fabric pot with sturdy handles on it - the bigger the better... I reckon one of the biggest challenges will be moving the plant from an outdoor veg to the tent. I'm thinking that the tent is in an upstairs space, but I may be wrong about that... Just a vague recollection.

All along you'll have to keep an eye on things to make sure you can get the beast through doors and into the tent. Moving it will certainly take more than one person. The pot size/weight won't be as big an issue as the spread of the plant.

PeeJay,

I can get the help to move her, so that shouldn't present a problem. I figure to tie her together during transport. We'll just build a carriage to maneuver through the woods and small brush. I have a back entrance to my ranch, so the grow room is on the first level close to the back door on the opposite side of the driveway. No walkway leads to that entrance & I have a gate there anyways! I'm in logistics, so logistically speaking, I pretty sure that I can get it done without any major difficulties.

I like the idea of fabric pots with handles also.

:thanks: for the 'Heads Up" and making sure I double check everything.

After you mentioned a forest grow, I took a stroll with a loop of rusty chicken wire. I found a spot on the ridge that is about canopy height for the forest.

Crossing the land bridge at the end of the island, right at the trout hole, pass through the fireswamp onto the corporate neighbors land, left at the black wasn't tee before fairyland, then up the ridge to a pile of dead maple trunks. The maple trees tore a big hole in the canopy so the closest trees are about 10 feet above ground level.

A perfect natural meadow with some large, soon to be dead, leafless shrubs. I tossed the chicken wire on the ground as a deer screen.
I'm very pleased to find a secluded spot on someone else's land that I can walk to in 5 minutes under almost complete tree cover.

I'm pretty sure there will be a clone that happens to take root in that chicken wire once I finish growing mother plants :)

Thanks for inspiring me to a near back yard guerilla grow.
great gorilla share :goodjob:
Awesome thread you got going I gave you 5 stars. Very good info given and smart on picking the 10 gallon. Remember 1/4 gallon per week for root growth to get max size plant. Having smart pots and air pots I would have to say now smart pots are the way to go. I wish you the best.
yup I agree w COFinest :high-five: great work SABO, 5 stars awarded!:cheer:
No problem 60cal, you may have to fly in for the harvest, may need some help trimming!

:Namaste:

:circle-of-love::thumb:

:tommy: Please :tommy:

A Special Guest is entering the Campgrounds and it is my great pleasure to introduce the Caretaker of "Fluxy the Beast'!

:welcome: Trichster

I almost thought you weren't going to come. I'm glad you did. Pls., have seat on the log by VG. I'd like to have you next to my Buddy! Thank you for reading up on my little adventure & hopefully my "Beast from the East" can get good tips from your "Fluxy"!

:thanks: :circle-of-love:

that rotten log? nah,

LadyV and will sit on these chairs I brought, I always bring 2 when I visit a new yard,

just in case you have great gals in your yard, like LV!:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom