Sabo's 2nd Grow Darkstar Project One Plant Only

PeeJay,

I can get the help to move her, so that shouldn't present a problem. I figure to tie her together during transport. We'll just build a carriage to maneuver through the woods and small brush. I have a back entrance to my ranch, so the grow room is on the first level close to the back door on the opposite side of the driveway. No walkway leads to that entrance & I have a gate there anyways! I'm in logistics, so logistically speaking, I pretty sure that I can get it done without any major difficulties.

I like the idea of fabric pots with handles also.

:thanks: for the 'Heads Up" and making sure I double check everything.

Oh, good. I know you think things through and getting past doors and such is just something that sprung to mind. If you'd like I can post a picture of a plant in a ten gallon fabric g-light pot sitting in a standard sliding glass doorway for reference.

Oh, good. I know you think things through and getting past doors and such is just something that sprung to mind. If you'd like I can post a picture of a plant in a ten gallon fabric g-light pot sitting in a standard sliding glass doorway for reference.

Please do! You don't have to ask at all PeeJay! I know you are very polite, professional and are always willing to help & assist!

:Namaste:

Thanks for the link SABO

I recently finished a DarkStar grow. It's a very hearty solid plant. I'm sure it will do great outside.

I would top her more than twice though. If I had the time I would have topped mine a few times. Mine was sort of tight to the stem kind of buds and really didn't branch out much.

Sorry if I'm repeating the question, but why the outside then back in?

G15_DSt_8_wks_flwr_2c.jpg

had a little bud rot too, but that's nothing new to me.
G14_DS_harv_BR.jpg

Welcome Josh223,

:thanks: for coming by!

I was planning on a regular 5 gallon container. Since this is going to be a long Veg (4 months), do you think I should consider looking into Smartpots or Airpots or going up to a 7 gallon container? That is a great question! Your input will be greatly appreciated!

:high-five:

Great shares SABO! I see a recipe for the creation of a MONSTERII, the Beast of the East! :thumb:

:welcome: Hash Hound!

That you for the outstanding pictures, now I can see my goal! How long did you Veg & Flower? Total dry yield?

It's no problem for me to explain, I just want to concentrate on one plant, but I would like to invest as much time as possible with her as I can, this is the reason I am going to Veg the 4 months in summer, then bring her in & let her finish up.

I'm afraid where I live, if I try to do it completely outside, I might be forced to proceed with an early harvest, which I absolutely do not want to do. We do get early frosts in my area or on the other hand, we can get a great Indian summer! If it looks like an Indian summer, maybe I'll try & finish outside! If it looks like last year did, 'The Beast from the East" is going into "Lock Down"!

Thanks for the multiple topping tip, it will definitely come into consideration!

Nice observations, HH. My experience with growing a smaller Darkstar were similar. Very dense colas tight to the stem. It's what she does. I can't speak for SABO, but in general, landrace terms Indica's grow best where the spring and summer are wet and the fall is dry. Sativas favor a drier spring early summer and a wetter fall. In SABO's climate the weather is liable to go quite grey and cloudy in late September. Rot would be a concern. Moving them inside to flower might prevent the dense towers from going moldy. Here are a couple of shots from my cabinet/greenhouse Darkstar grow.

P1030071.jpg

P10208901.jpg

P1030001.jpg

P1030081.jpg

P10300831.jpg

notm13.jpg

Oh boy, after seeing the Plant of the Year 2012, Hash Hound's pic & now Pee Jays beautiful pictures, I am wondering if I bit off a little bit more than I can chew, but what the hell, I now have something real good to strive towards!

Let's get it On!

:cheer:

:tommy: Please :tommy:

A Special Guest is entering the Campgrounds and it is my great pleasure to introduce the Caretaker of "Fluxy the Beast'!

:welcome: Trichster

I almost thought you weren't going to come. I'm glad you did. Pls., have seat on the log by VG. I'd like to have you next to my Buddy! Thank you for reading up on my little adventure & hopefully my "Beast from the East" can get good tips from your "Fluxy"!

:thanks: :circle-of-love:

thanks for embarrassing me SABO:thanks:, from what I see, you have attracted a lot of

:circle-of-love: 420 pros here:thanks:

I'm just trying to learn & have have lots of fun, a lot these guys are WAY out of my league.

I do appreciate, your very kind words and I thank you for your awesome participation in my yard.

You are the best 420noob, that i have seen in quite some time:thumb:

remember, the word noob will not be seen, as soon as you post pics of trimmed bud.:high-five:

thanks for embarrassing me SABO:thanks:, from what I see, you have attracted a lot of

:circle-of-love: 420 pros here:thanks:

I'm just trying to learn & have have lots of fun, a lot these guys are WAY out of my league.

I do appreciate, your very kind words and I thank you for your awesome participation in my yard.

You are the best 420noob, that i have seen in quite some time:thumb:

remember, the word noob will not be seen, as soon as you post pics of trimmed bud.:high-five:

Trichs, you're are a "Special Guest" to me!

Just like all of the other "Special People" that have assembled here! All of them, each & every one is "Special" to me, because everyone of them have offered their knowledge and advice since i came to :420:. Some have been with me since day one, some I just became friends with, I am hoping to make some new friends also! That's what it is all about!

I just wanted to single you out, because of what you are accomplishing with "Fluxy" is very, very special at this moment in time.

Yeah, I'm still a "Noob", I prefer "New Grower", but you are allowed to call me a "Noob". You earned that right in my eyes Brother!:high-five:

:welcome: Light Addict!

:thanks: for stopping by! I am happy that you accepted.

When you have time, stop by any time you want! I know you're an Instructor and I love your work!

:popcorn:

definitely post that pic PeeJay :thanks: GreenGiant! your avatar kills me, everytime i see it:thumb:

SABO, is this type of behavior i've displayed going to be tolerated,

i don't want to be demoted to standing behind the back row of these nice chairs you have provided, thanks

Damn SABO, I go away to work for 10 hours and your journal EXPLODED. Six pages in under 24 hrs...Jeez, I thought KINGJOHNC and LABEXPERIMENT had a following. Great to see such a support group from, in my opinion, the best growers in the world. You will succeed.

One more little thing I would like to suggest. Beneficial organisms or "Bennys". It's just a powder you mix with the water. Provides a symbiotic relationship with the roots, helping the plants metabolize all the macro and micro nutrients. Your described situation is really screaming for this simple and organic amendment.I run passive hydro and I swear by the stuff.

There's many brands...one popular product has a pic of a great white shark on the label. For the last year or so I've been using Botanicare ZHO. There's something like a dozen or so species in there. Just mix in 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of the power with each watering up till advanced flowering. It really does make a difference and the soilless mix you described will easily be inoculated;(that's a good thing).

Keep 'em green my friend.

Hey SABO this is going to be fun, lots of heavy hitters here.
I'm guessing that Trics is going to use your broom since he pawned your blower.

Damn SABO, I go away to work for 10 hours and your journal EXPLODED. Six pages in under 24 hrs...Jeez, I thought KINGJOHNC and LABEXPERIMENT had a following. Great to see such a support group from, in my opinion, the best growers in the world. You will succeed.

One more little thing I would like to suggest. Beneficial organisms or "Bennys". It's just a powder you mix with the water. Provides a symbiotic relationship with the roots, helping the plants metabolize all the macro and micro nutrients. Your described situation is really screaming for this simple and organic amendment.I run passive hydro and I swear by the stuff.

There's many brands...one popular product has a pic of a great white shark on the label. For the last year or so I've been using Botanicare ZHO. There's something like a dozen or so species in there. Just mix in 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of the power with each watering up till advanced flowering. It really does make a difference and the soilless mix you described will easily be inoculated;(that's a good thing).

Keep 'em green my friend.

I grow hempy style, so would that work with me running Lucas formula with a little cal/mag? Just looking to see what I can do to maximize my grows in the limited space I have

Re: no better fish to make your own fertilizer

Trichs,

Looks like a fish fertilizer post to me.

I used fish emulsion for my very first indoor grow, stinky as it sounds, nasty bug attracting potion,

but very effective for N boost & aggressive growth! 60 days from 3" rooted clone to done.

I choose not to use it outside, too many critters might dig for, or breed in that smelly residue.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom