Sabo's 2nd Grow Darkstar Project One Plant Only

dingdong, dingdongdingdong, Thanks for the invite SABO, I would have been here sooner but I ran out of gas and then had a flat and had to stop for munchies. You know the drill. I'm subbed and ready to take some notes my friend. Good Luck and Happy Growing.

:welcome: Shadowman,

First have a :passitleft: find a stump of wood to sit a spell. BTW, you don't have to :wood: here, just mosey on in any time you please! Gate is always open in this campground.

:thanks:

Hey Calyx,

Nothing much to report right now, the little seedling is doing fine. She stretched a bit, so I just got a toothpick and gave her some support. I have her out on the porch right now. It's overcast, so she'll handle that well & the temps are a little above 60 degrees, so that'll harden her up, plus slow her stretch down a tad. No signs of purple stem, have been checking that about every hour. I think she is going to like it outdoors.

Am really waiting on some feedback for soil additives/amendments. We already know that it's going in a 10 gallon smart or fabric part.

This is an awesome share Josh! Thank you!

Does anyone else have any recommendations in regards to amendments/additives? I switched from FFOF to Pro-Mix for this grow. I am still researching organic nutes, but have read tons of info that if the soiless mixture is prepped properly, nutes are not necessarily required, as least not as much.

Now, since I already have the seedling sprouted, I don't think I'll have that much time to cook a mixture, so if anyone could suggest how I can make a nice, quick nutritious mixture it would be greatly appreciated.

I think I would like to have this topic discussed in some detail in the next couple of days, so if anyone has some great ideas or time, please chime in!

:thanks:

I'd like to see you build a complete soil. You know where to find the list of amendments I use. If you jumped on it quickly you could get one of Doc's kits and transplant the plant into high brix soil @ around four - five weeks. That might be good fun.

PeeJay,

I have really been thinking about that, but can I get all the stuff that you have here locally? I know that you have some real special stuff in yours. I'm going over to Journal now to refresh!

Honestly, PM Doc and see how long it would take him to ship out a kit. You'd have to veg in your current dirt until the kit cooked for four weeks or so - but I don't think that would be a problem. There is lots of support available for growing with the high-brix kit and it grows killer smoke.

Re: no better fish to make your own fertilizer

Hi Brix may be complicated for a guerilla grow with all the different foliar sprays and what not. I'd suggest Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and innoculate with some Mycorrhiza with the first transplant. Then feed using organics to keep the soil alive. By organics I mean compost teas and/or kelp meals, guanos and earth worm castings. This way you will not need to worry about a feeding schedule.

PeeJyay, I just sent you a PM, let me know your thoughts please.

Calyx,

This is what I have so far:

2 bags each, 1 cu ft., of Pro-Mix Ultimate Organic Mix with Mycorise included.
1 cu ft. of FFOF
Perlite
Vermiculite
Sand

I was thinking of building off of this. I like the idea of teas, but would need some help as to what I would need, how much I would need for the entire grow. Like I stated in my opening, I was looking into organic nutes, but if I can make a nice soil & just use teas/or kelp meals, guanos and earth worm castings it might be better for me at this stage of my career!

Any follow up is appreciated & am open to all ideas

Get a bag of TGA Super Soil. It's all you will need. That and water once a week :) You can feed molasses if you want, maybe a beneficial tea if you feel so inclined, but not necessary! It's what I like to use.

I think everyones butts are going to sleep sitting on these logs. The fire is nice though.

We want updates! We want updates!

Because the first 24 hrs have been so slow :rofl::rofl:

Seriously, just a bunch of farmers saying hello. I'm going back in the woods a bit and see if I can find a good spot to set up a still.

Radogast

Pro-Mix Ultimate Organic Mix contains:
Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
Soy-based Natural Fertilizer
Limestone
Perlite
Gypsum
Mycorise Premier Tech

FFOF Ingredients:
Composted forest humus
sphagnum peat moss
Pacific Northwest sea-going fish
crab meal
shrimp meal
earthworm casting
vermicultural compost (bedding material and livestock manure)
sandy loam,
perlite
fossilized bat guano
granite dust
Norwegian kelp meal
Oyster shell (for pH adjustment)

Now, I was thinking, if I should use both of these as a mix, don't you think I should have just about everything that is needed? I would just have to replenish with organics teas & supplements?

What are your thoughts?

Okay, Sabo is currently processing a lot of this good information. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a sound decision when the :idea: goes off.

Stay tuned while I go & chop some firewood, so everyone is nice & comfortable. Oh, those little jugs with the XXX are on the table over there, help yourselves. It's from the Appalachians! :)

10 gallon fabric Smart Pot w/handles + Botanicare ZHO ordered.

Still processing other info.

Now, I was thinking, if I should use both of these as a mix, don't you think I should have just about everything that is needed? I would just have to replenish with organics teas & supplements?

What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

With such a long veg time, your plant is going to use up much of the supplied nutrients. I'm not saying you'll have to add anything other than water. But for maximum results you will want to replenish the nutrients.

I currently run hydro with Botanicare Kind nutes so not my field of expertise. In a previous post I thought I saw you mention 'organic'. I am seriously considering that route for my plants. If I do, I most likely will go with Kyle Kushman's Veganics. Something to look into if you're doing some research. Youtube has at least one awesome little movie on the subject.

With such a long veg time, your plant is going to use up much of the supplied nutrients. I'm not saying you'll have to add anything other than water. But for maximum results you will want to replenish the nutrients.

I currently run hydro with Botanicare Kind nutes so not my field of expertise. In a previous post I thought I saw you mention 'organic'. I am seriously considering that route for my plants. If I do, I most likely will go with Kyle Kushman's Veganics. Something to look into if you're doing some research. Youtube has at least one awesome little movie on the subject.

Sorry, my bad. I was actually meaning to say "Enough for the first 30 days". Yes, it will have to be organically supplemented for sure & that's what I'm really researching now. There are just so many things out there & I would like to get it right, but I have to keep it easy for an "Ole Hillbilly" like me.

:Namaste:

The Doc crawls in from hanging out way too late over on Trics patio. "What was in that drink Sabo?" Says Bob.

Sorry for the late arrival and thanks for the invite. 4 month veg should turn into something like this :morenutes: Don't get eaten yourself!

Bob ;)

Back
Top Bottom