Second grow having issues help please

Lovemyherb

420 Member
hi everyone name is mark so i have attached 4 pics of plant its female not sure of strain it was given to me the seed.The lady is dying from bottom up but starting to see it hints of it up top.Shes in 10 L pail with roots already poking out bottom not alot a couple. Im using coco coir for first time used soil first grow went ok had some bug issues and not enough lights ended up with six footer but it was crap cause of light issue. I think i might have brought on the prob with stress issues replanting. I have replanted now 3 times the roots as i have said r coming out bottom. Ive removed 3 sets of branchs now cause of the issue. Now this coco coir i read something bout buffering first with calmag did that maybe to much or to little but the transplants the rooties looked nice white. Havent done the ph thing yet pretty much dove into this without having the essentials so now trying to save her cause she smells pretty sweet. So i thought it might be potassium issues didnt have potash so blended banana peel strain the bits and gave her a drink good or bad idea read it up? My lights right now are 2 led bulbs 1400 lumens 2 cfl 860 lumens time to increase lights? Now in morning my bedroom gets direct sunlight till 130 afternoon and i feel she does better there in front of window then under lights hasnt help with issue my question was could i have and outdoor seed and if so would make a diifference trying to grow inside? My water cycle hasnt been greatest but i feel it could be drainage issue to dont have perlite in pail. Temp wise not sure been warm in there though. And nutes right now using plant prod ultra 20 20 20 and calmag. My take is a cross between ph issues and drainage i have 6 big holes in pail, but what do i know me nooby still so anyones take on my lady issues i would greatly appreciate the feed back thanks in advance. Marko
WIN_20190703_21_18_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190703_21_22_32_Pro.jpgWIN_20190703_21_18_55_Pro.jpgWIN_20190703_21_18_39_Pro.jpgWIN_20190703_21_18_25_Pro.jpgWIN_20190703_21_18_12_Pro.jpg

Welcome. How often and at what strength are you feeding and watering?

:welcome: to :420: Lovemyherb:passitleft:...did you wash the coco or did it come ready to use? Like @stoneotter said it needs water/nutes everyday...mix some calmag with it also...and it's got to be PHed like hydro 5.5 to 6.1...here for reference

I would bet it's the lack of perlite. She's getting water but not enough oxygen maybe due to the cocos water retention
:rofl::rofl: You don't use perlite in coco coir :thumb: research before you give the wrong advice please :nerd-with-glasses::nomo::reading420magazine:

:welcome: to :420:lovemyherb, I don't use Coco so I can't be of any

assistance to this grow.

But if you don't mind I'm going to stick around and send good vibes to you

instead.

Wick :morenutes:

Welcome to 420,Lovemyherb:welcome:

I'm not seeing the part of your plant that's dying-It actually looks good to me....

hi all thanx for the great input ive added few more pics of leaves i seen in last pics i missed the shot :) nother question though think it would be wise to try take her outta pail im almost tempted the coco is pretty moist and that was bout inch down so she might be pretty wet further down. Your thoughts on this idea? and the watering and nute amounts i havent really kept notice of how much so these pics my drainage holes to big ? thats my smaller girl hopefully so no nutes to this one yet just tap water let still for 24 hrs right or wrong ? and top plant pic i just topped it other day to late? so 6th set of leaves i topped and other 2 pics are the leaves it started at base of plant then went to tip then to edges of leaves and losing the green colour thanks gain for listening all Marko

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_132115.jpg
    IMG_20190704_132115.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20190704_132030.jpg
    IMG_20190704_132030.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20190704_132012.jpg
    IMG_20190704_132012.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20190704_131954.jpg
    IMG_20190704_131954.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20190704_131918.jpg
    IMG_20190704_131918.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 89
Folks running coco start with 25% of the recommended dose and work up to 50% if needed. More may be needed too. Since coco's passive hydro, I'm sticking with at least once every day. She has a root system started now, if you change things in the 5 gal bucket I think she wouldn't like it.

I am surprised that everyone missed the biggie that you stated in your intro... you don't do the pH thing.

Sorry, but in any synthetic grow, especially a hydro based system like coco, adjusting to the correct pH is absolutely required. Any other discussions are moot until you take care of this basic need.
Now hold the bus. I caught it in post 4 Em. :high-five: Like minds.

Sorry @stoneotter, you are right. Its early still and before I get my coffee I tend to be a little snarky. Several others mentioned pH too... I am driving it home however. This is the problem.
And sorry to you too @Lovemyherb, but as others can tell you, I tend to be quite direct sometimes. Welcome to the forum by the way and I am very glad you put out this request for help so that we can get you sorted. I like to do more than just give a simple answer as to what I think one needs to do to repair their grow... I like to explain and understand why the situation occurred and how to make sure it doesn't happen the next time. I guess I get a little short with people sometimes because as a former assistant college professor I expect people to come to class prepared... at least with a pencil and a notebook anyway. For someone to come into a method of growing like CoCo without doing prep work and gathering of the needed materials beforehand, sort of feels the same way to me. It is unfair for me to be testy with you over this because I don't know you and I don't know who has been advising you or what you have been reading, and I can only hope that you came to us because wherever else you have been getting info up until now, you were not seeing the results that you expected from your grow.
So, please excuse my curtness and know that my only desire is to help you get this going, before it is too late. You really really really need to be able to accurately measure you pH. In coco, you should also be able to check your ppm level of your nutrient solution and your runoff. To not be able to see these things means that you are flying blind... and from your good description of your problem, your results are exactly what we would predict from someone in your situation. All the factors seem to makes sense. You need a pH meter. Get one soon. It will make all the difference. Get a PPM meter too. You chose the method, now you need to bring the proper materials to class.
:welcome:
:peace::love:

Well now that we are doing a coco grow this is my opinion and I have grown many plants in coco and I love using it , always add perlite to your coco (soil for that matter also )roots need oxygen and the perlite helps greatly with that especially in plastic pots , I use cloth pots personally ,they drain better , quicker, breath better but with plastic add it in your coco, at this point don't worry about it now I would add a air pump and a air stone and oxygenate your water for at least a 1 hr before you feed your plants and water every day till you have a good heavy run off from the pot and be sure the ph is 5.8 -6.0 max and keep the ppm of your water around 200 and always add about 70 ppm of cal mag with coco and even higher if you go to reverse osmosis water .coco requires watering daily with a low constant dose of nutes , those holes are way to big , the roots are growing out of the pot , that is not what you want .coco after a period of time and the constant watering will compact and cut off the air to the roots just like soil does hence the wet ,dry cycle with soil , never let your coco get dry, soak it once a day and let the water drain out , next grow perlite and small holes in the pail but I think cloth pots are worth their weight in gold when it comes to coco, you will need to up the amount of cal mag and potassium and phosphorus as the plant heads in to flower , the lower leaves wont repair themselves , watch the new growth ,they will tell you what the plant needs once they have yellowed they wont go back to green the trick is to stop it from spreading further up the plant , and Emilya is correct a ph and ppm meter are a must for coco growing , your numbers (ph,ppm ) have to be a lot more exact with coco , but is well worth the extra effort .What kind of water are you feeding your plant tap water distilled ? , I use distilled or r.o. water , this way you don't get the salt buildup from tap water and you have total control of what is in the water , tap water has a lot of different shit in it the plants don't need or like .

hi all thanks gain for the awesome info so i couldnt handle looking at the plant no more so dove in and took out of pail and it was good idea damn it was like sponge down there i was able to squeeze and the coco made sounds holy to much water was dripping :( she looks better today stopped the yellow from moving up and relaxed with the nutes for now but i have multiple new shoots coming :) shell be foot high by end week yes! and hey Emilya its all good im getting a meter by end month thanks gain ill get pic up soon

Back
Top Bottom