Seeding deformed: help needed

4uto

420 Member
Hi All,
I am by growing autoflowers in 3gal pots. The medium is fox farm strawberry fields on the bottom half and top half is a seed starter soil and I can’t remember the brand, but it is light and airy. I have added extra pearlie to both. I am growing 4 different varieties from fastbuds and 3 plants are healthy and growing nicely.

My issue is with the stardawg. The first seeding looked terrible and I removed it and germinated another. the same thing is happening to this one. The leaves are a bit bumpy and mangled. The second set is coming in with brown spots or purple spots. Any ideas?

I took this seeding out of the tent and just have it under some cfls right now. Photos of the other plants also attached at week 3.5 just to show they do not exhibit any of the same looking leaves. This seedling is at 10 days or so.
Do you think it is nutrient deficiency or mites or something like that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
It’s to early for deficiency or mites. I think it’s just genetics. Not all plants grow at the same rate. Give her some tlc and hope she grows out of it.

good luck :green_heart:

Hi All,
I am by growing autoflowers in 3gal pots. The medium is fox farm strawberry fields on the bottom half and top half is a seed starter soil and I can’t remember the brand, but it is light and airy. I have added extra pearlie to both. I am growing 4 different varieties from fastbuds and 3 plants are healthy and growing nicely.

My issue is with the stardawg. The first seeding looked terrible and I removed it and germinated another. the same thing is happening to this one. The leaves are a bit bumpy and mangled. The second set is coming in with brown spots or purple spots. Any ideas?

I took this seeding out of the tent and just have it under some cfls right now. Photos of the other plants also attached at week 3.5 just to show they do not exhibit any of the same looking leaves. This seedling is at 10 days or so.
Do you think it is nutrient deficiency or mites or something like that?

Its probably genetics if it happened to both seeds. Try a third if you have it and if that happens again I would be leery of all the seeds

Check your pH. Looks like a pH issue to me.

Just watering every 3 days or so with a shot glass amount of water. It produced a second set of mangled leaves. Looks like it’s working on a third set. So it appears to be picking up the pace but still looks awful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Not enough water, under watering will cause knarled up leaves.

Over watering isn't good eighther but here's what I did. (My seedling looked like that).

I used about 4 ounces of ph'd water around the plant in circles, close to the plant. Every day until the leaves un-twist. Then every other day. As it gets bigger increase the water slowly.

GL

Back
Top Bottom