Seeds no visible flowers or nanners

Last night I checked the plants after lights on and saw big swollen calyxes with seeds. Bummer! This morning before lights off, I took the 4 outside where I could see better. All 4 plants have some scattered seeds, not a full blown seeding. I looked closely for 2 hrs with readers and a strong light. I was not able to find any male parts. No nanners or flowers.

This is a bummer, but, it is what it is. Today starts week 6. All 4 should mature at 8/9 weeks per breeder. I think I will let them finish out. Any thoughts? A main concern is that I have a nice outside girl and don’t want to pollinate her.

This run I used 3 free seeds I collected. I also used a seed from a peyote I ran outside last year. I ended up with 5 seeds from the larf and used one. This is probably what threw some nanners. I should probably cull this plant, even if I don’t see any nanners?

Other than on the peyote, the main buds appear to be seed free.

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00557.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

DSC00561.JPG

DSC00562.JPG

DSC00564.JPG

sorry to see your getting unwanted seeds ,they look great no matter what ... on pic three , top right corner where the nodes are , double check there encase there is a full hermie not little nanners in buds

i would ride it out , ive seed me have seed in the first preflower sacs at the nodes and no where else , was just about a dozen in three plants , ended up with good bud for smoke and trim for oil , not the end of the world

something about pic three has me thinking , when i zoomed in it looks a tad odd , i could be wrong also
Thanks Nutty, I looked at the spot on the orig pic and zoomed. It does look odd. Will check the plant personally at lights on. I suspect the seed from last years peyote caused this. Would you cull the suspect plant?

Thanks Nutty, I looked at the spot on the orig pic and zoomed. It does look odd. Will check the plant personally at lights on. I suspect the seed from last years peyote caused this. Would you cull the suspect plant?
hmmmmm depending how full blown it herms , i topped an auto once , it hermed balls right where i topped , i picked them off and never got another sac the full grow , , these plants amaze me daily , all plants do , remarkable things ,very clever at times :)

Some strains will produce unviable seeds later in flower. They'll be softer than actual seeds and white. It's kind of like the plant trying to make babies without a dude....a false pregnancy.

That said photo three is weird. Any way to get in close to that bud and get better photos? I dunno...all your stigma (hairs) are pretty thick. Maybe that's throwing me off.

Edit: whoops, the site didn't show me Nutty had replied until after I posted my response

Some strains will produce unviable seeds later in flower. They'll be softer than actual seeds and white. It's kind of like the plant trying to make babies without a dude....a false pregnancy.

That said photo three is weird. Any way to get in close to that bud and get better photos? I dunno...all your stigma (hairs) are pretty thick. Maybe that's throwing me off.

Edit: whoops, the site didn't show me Nutty had replied until after I posted my response
nice info ! :thumb:

Thanks, it looks like these will be viable in a few days. A few were close going from green to brown.
At lights on, i'll try and locate that spot and get more pics. I know which plant it is. Everything is turned around as I took them outside for the best light.

something about pic three has me thinking , when i zoomed in it looks a tad odd , i could be wrong also
I checked all again this morning in the sunshine and cannot find any male parts at all. Its weird, with seeds in all four plants you would think there would be something male to see. I'm going to try and finish them out. Thanks

I checked all again this morning in the sunshine and cannot find any male parts at all. Its weird, with seeds in all four plants you would think there would be something male to see. I'm going to try and finish them out. Thanks
We have had so much rain and humidity this year that I started opening the bottom of the tent at night/lights on and running an oscillating fan from outside blowing in. With the this fan on, a good size nanners pollen could have been spread. All seeds seem to be about the same maturity.

If it were me I would not take it outside again. That could risk your outdoor plant from wind. I would however ride it out, damage has already been done. Like @NuttyProfessor said you should still get some good smoke out of it. You will just have to watch for seeds before you roll one up... PoP goes the seed!

Nanners can hide deep inside the bud. They can pollinate as soon as the emerge. They don't need to ripen/mature like male flowers do.

You probably just missed seeing them.

Nanners can hide deep inside the bud. They can pollinate as soon as the emerge. They don't need to ripen/mature like male flowers do.

You probably just missed seeing them.
Thanks Virgin. I did! There must not have been many. I'll keep an eye out for more.
I just want to finish this grow. Next indoor will be with less plants or a bigger setup.

Thanks Virgin. I did! There must not have been many. I'll keep an eye out for more.
I just want to finish this grow. Next indoor will be with less plants or a bigger setup.
One in awhile I will find an immature seed. I have a hard time seeing them unassisted by a digital scope.
Here is a pic of how small they can be.

In the top right of the pic you can see one.
Turns out that I have some pinhole light leaks that need addressing ASAP.

If it were me I would not take it outside again. That could risk your outdoor plant from wind. I would however ride it out, damage has already been done. Like @NuttyProfessor said you should still get some good smoke out of it. You will just have to watch for seeds before you roll one up... PoP goes the seed!
I agree about taking them outside. The outside plant was zipped into a greenhouse and I took to a side patio with no plants. I worry most about bringing pests inside, I never risk contamination. It was frustrating not finding male parts so I took outside for better light. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom