Sensi and The Bandit - A Grapegod, OG Kush & Mutant LA Woman Journal

2011 Winter Greenhouse Grow Update

IMG_13124.JPG

IMG_13133.JPG

Well I had a feeling the freezing rain and tree branch did'nt take out the first lady completely. Down but not out she's making a comeback!
She has frostbite all over but she's also shooting out fresh growth from the damaged areas.
The two ladies are even beginning to set some buds!
Certainly this is not the ideal way to grow herb but one thing it is showing is that cannabis is a very resiliant plant.
These ladies only get about 2 decent days of good Sun each week. For the most part it's been a dark & gloomy early Winter.
Last week temps dropped to 28 in the greenhouse but yet they live and grow, doing their thing as best they can.

IMG_13114.JPG

Clones are trying to get it going. One thing I've noticed about OG Kush and I dont know if others experience it too is that it's slow to take root and slow to veg. But then it gets to this point at around 10" and takes off like a bat outta hell. Hopefully that's the intentions of this group.

IMG_13094.JPG

As a reward for their hard work and loyalty the mamas got a brand spankin' new Tek Two light from HTG yesterday. It's a 110 watt T5HO PLL light. From what I understand PLL means power compact and in this case it applies to t5ho. I think these lights are about as close to a t5vho in a 2 foot light a grower can get. All I know is that it's way brighter than the old 2' four bulb t5ho and we all know chicks dig the bright lights! These ladies are no exception!

The custom work on the SSV has begun!!!

IMG_13022.JPG

IMG_13013.JPG

IMG_13044.JPG

Clam & Pearl Knob from 7th Floor

IMG_13066.JPG

Marble top heater cover by 7th Floor

IMG_13085.JPG

IMG_13034.JPG

It's getting there!

:peacetwo:

Mr.Bandito..

You never cease to amaze me Brother.. !! .. Now I WANT a Custom SSV.. !! .. Im going to have to start LIMITING MYSELF on how often Im ALLOWED to visit your Thread.. LMAO.. !! .. It seems like every time I swing by,, my Wallet starts BURNING my ASS.. !! .. Damnit man.. !! !!

Well you obviously know by now that Im DIGG'N the Vape my Brother.. .. Well,, pretty much EVERYTHING you do to be Honest.. LOL.. We think FAR too much alike Sir.. Just FAR too damn much.. ..

Much Love and Respect to you and yours..

**Mumbling something under my breath about that DAMN Bandit.. ..**

Wow, that is some nice glass! I dont understand what a heater cover does??

Tmac, this is for you Dear!

IMG_13143.JPG

IMG_13155.JPG

The heater cover is about a 5" long piece of hand blown glass shaped like an upside down L. The tall part slides over the heating element of the vape and kinda locks in place.
A wand which is the glass tube coming out of the back of the heater cover in the earlier pics above is where the screen and herb are placed. Once the wand is packed it slides into the heater cover the same way a bong bowl slides into a downtube.
On the backside of the heater cover you'll see a hole or carb like us pot heads like to call it. When you take a pull off the whip it pulls air thru that hole and thru the whip. I'm finding I can control the intensity of the hits by pulling slow or fast. Slow will give me a knock out punch that feels like what an elephant tranqulizer probably feels like while a quick pull is like an ice bong hit.

:rollit:

You've convinced me Bandit. SSV is now officially on my wish list!! That vape is sick man!

Thanks Buddy! It's my goal and pleasure to show you guys some of the craziest things around and open the doors of your imaginations!

Mr.Bandito..

You never cease to amaze me Brother.. !! .. Now I WANT a Custom SSV.. !! .. Im going to have to start LIMITING MYSELF on how often Im ALLOWED to visit your Thread.. LMAO.. !! .. It seems like every time I swing by,, my Wallet starts BURNING my ASS.. !! .. Damnit man.. !! !!

Well you obviously know by now that Im DIGG'N the Vape my Brother.. .. Well,, pretty much EVERYTHING you do to be Honest.. LOL.. We think FAR too much alike Sir.. Just FAR too damn much.. ..

Much Love and Respect to you and yours..

**Mumbling something under my breath about that DAMN Bandit.. ..**

Too much Dawg! too much! :rofl:

Thank you very much Brother!
If only my boss knew why I keep putting in to do more ot.
"Excuse me sir but I have a sick fetish for fine glass. Can I do some ot this weekend so I can get a new piece I have my eye on?"
:peace:

Have a hash making question so might as well go to somebody who makes hash.

:wood: Hi Bandit! Accumulating some trim and popcorn from my first indoor harvest. Do I have to dry it and do anything special to store it for future hash making or can I just through it straight into the freezer?

Love all the vape and glass talk. i was just starting to look for vape info when you started all this. ;)

Tmac, this is for you Dear!

IMG_13143.JPG

IMG_13155.JPG

The heater cover is about a 5" long piece of hand blown glass shaped like an upside down L. The tall part slides over the heating element of the vape and kinda locks in place.
A wand which is the glass tube coming out of the back of the heater cover in the earlier pics above is where the screen and herb are placed. Once the wand is packed it slides into the heater cover the same way a bong bowl slides into a downtube.
On the backside of the heater cover you'll see a hole or carb like us pot heads like to call it. When you take a pull off the whip it pulls air thru that hole and thru the whip. I'm finding I can control the intensity of the hits by pulling slow or fast. Slow will give me a knock out punch that feels like what an elephant tranqulizer probably feels like while a quick pull is like an ice bong hit.

:rollit:

High Bandit, Thanks so much for that info on heater covers. It is beautful. So is that knob on the front! So it came with a standard cover and you ordered a fancy one.....correct? Is it possible for you to take a picture of where you pack the herb? And maybe one with it ready to put in the pipe? And do you smoke awhile off the bowl pack or do you have to reload right away? Hate to put you to all that trouble but I cant picture how the herb goes in it!!! It is snowing here still, thankfully not getting as much as they thought!!

Have a hash making question so might as well go to somebody who makes hash.

:wood: Hi Bandit! Accumulating some trim and popcorn from my first indoor harvest. Do I have to dry it and do anything special to store it for future hash making or can I just through it straight into the freezer?

Love all the vape and glass talk. i was just starting to look for vape info when you started all this. ;)

Wassup Two tokes!
I think the dry or wet thing depends on how you are making the hash. I'm no expert on it but I think if it's sifted or screened you want it dry. If your making bubble/water/ice hash I'm pretty sure it should still be wet or fresh.
For my ice hash I put the trim in the freezer as soon as I remove it from the plant. I dont even let it dry for 5 minutes. The reason for this is that if it was dry, the plant matter would crumble into small bits where it could pass thru the screens and then there will be too much plant matter in the hash.

If I keep it fresh yet frozen, mostly only trichs come off the plant matter and pass thru the screens leaving most of the plant matter in the washing bag.

Thanks for dropping by with the questions! I really like where this journal is headed. It becoming an everything thread (like my fave bagels) covering all sorts of aspects of being a grower/connoisseur of this amazing plant ;)

:morenutes:

High Bandit, Thanks so much for that info on heater covers. It is beautful. So is that knob on the front! So it came with a standard cover and you ordered a fancy one.....correct? Is it possible for you to take a picture of where you pack the herb? And maybe one with it ready to put in the pipe? And do you smoke awhile off the bowl pack or do you have to reload right away? Hate to put you to all that trouble but I cant picture how the herb goes in it!!! It is snowing here still, thankfully not getting as much as they thought!!

No problem Tmac! I'll have some more detail pics & info up here shortly! :Rasta:

Vaping with El Bandito!

IMG_13207.JPG

SSV Ceramic Heating Element

IMG_13306.JPG

Heater cover in place over the heating element

IMG_13245.JPG

todays vape will be OG Kush

IMG_13255.JPG

I pull a bit off the nug and chop it up

IMG_13235.JPG

The wand. The screen is in the tapered part of the tube in front of the red & blue colored part

IMG_13214.JPG

IMG_13267.JPG

To load the wand you can use the whip like a vaccum and simply suck the ground herb up into the wand or you can load it by hand. The SSV comes with a nice long poker so once the herb is in there, you can kinda tamp in down with the poker.

IMG_13286.JPG

IMG_13276.JPG

The loaded wand. You want the packing to be a 1/4" thick or less.
Looking at these pics i think I need to push the screen down a bit more and get the herb in the narrow part of the wand.

IMG_13365.JPG

That little bit gave me about ten really good hits. About every 4th hit I use the poker to stir up the herb to get some more hits. I also need a grinder so I can chop the herb into finer bits.
After it's been vaped it looks dry and carmelized compared to the nug.
And now I'm super baked. Time for operation shut down because this day has just been cancelled! Even the clam closed up shop for the day!

IMG_13176.JPG

:tokin:

Bandit that is perfect!! :goodjob: Showed me what it really looks like inside and what he will need to do to smoke it. And maybe me once in awhile! I had checked out the website but they do not show the details. I do understand they cant show a nug! Nice choice of nugs btw~ So sorry to get you higgghhhh so early~ but I do appreciate it and hope it helps some others also. :thanks:

Hey bro i sent you a pm

HH:Rasta:
I got it Bro! info is on the way!
How 'bout my Horns Bro!!
I'm diggin' these coaches we snatched up! Nabbed the D line coach from your backyard, pulled the young fire ball DC out of Mississippi State, and hauled in the OC mastermind outta Boise! Time to get the swagger back!!
Now i cant wait for Spring Ball and the title game has'nt even been played yet!

:blunt:

The Turnaround

Well today the clones finally made the turnaround and are showing strong vigor. In 24 hours they went from this...

IMG_13114.JPG

To this...

IMG_13375.JPG

Things seemed to be running on the cool side so I cut off most of the circultion fans to warm them up. Next I upped the flood cycles from 1 to 4 per day. The adjustments seem to be paying off already. At this rate now these clones will go to bloom next week! I cant wait to see how they respond to the new lights in the bloom cab!!

Tommorow I'm going to hit three of them with Liquid Light + Saturator and check the response. If they like it the whole garden will go on LL + S 2x per week thru week four of bloom.

IMG_13383.JPG

The mamas are really loving their new Tek light and are digging the warmer temps too! I'll need to cut them back again in the next few days.

Re: Over the Rainbow

Wow those are some incredible pictures! SEND ME SOME PLEASEEEEE! JUST WANT TO LOOK AT IT! And if you believe that one.....

Thanks Tmac!
The Grapegod is turning some wild colors as it cures. Those shots are close ups of the inside of one of the jars 2 weeks in cure. I think they gave this ganja the wrong name. I would have named it Skittles for the rainbows of colors!
It also has a really rich sweet flavor that reminds me of a juicy ripe pear or one of those Dole fruit cups. At the peak of ripeness the buds smell like Juicy Fruit gum :Rasta:

Bandit, how's it going pal? I just had a story I wanted to share with you. So I went up to VT this weekend to visit my brother. Saturday night we went out and saw this Sublime cover band from Cali called 40oz of Freedom. It was a great night. Sunday we snowboarded and shot some guns. But that really isn't the point of this story. Sunday afternoon I'm showing my bro the SSV website and explaining how cool that vape is. He gets a call and finds out that the band is still in town and needs some buds. So my bro goes down there and the first thing he notices is one of the guys is wearing a hat with the SSV logo on it. My bro asks him and apparently their band is sponsored by SSV! I just thought that was a crazy story, because I just learned about the SSV, and now it's showing up everywhere!!

Also your review of the SSV has convinced my brother to purchase one as well! Hope everything is going well with the gardens!!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom