Sensi and The Bandit - A Grapegod, OG Kush & Mutant LA Woman Journal

Damn Bro what are you trying to shoot? Tics on a deer @ 100 yards? :)
The two cams I broke in the last 30 days were kodaks. One was less than a month old(jumped into a pool with it in my pocket) and this last one was 8 yrs old, cracked and all busted up. It finally quit. :rip:
When i got the Canon I bought the extra warranty when they told me it would cover everything including cannonballs! ;)
How are your ladies? Weather got you nervous too? I need to go check your journal. If anything else to see that pic of your girls in the Mule. That's awesome and I need some funny relief. Too many crazies have been sending me messages. I dont think the peeps realize that i'm here to grow killer weed, have fun, and assist others if I can. I could care less about personal agendas and superiority complexes, I'm here to free the weed! :tokin:
I hear ya, brotha. You brought the crazies on yourself I'm afraid. I was just about to PM you about the R2D2 schematics. Lol. JK. You've got a lot of good stuff going in your garden, you can't blame them for wanting a piece of it.

As far as the new camera, I love taking pictures. I'm planning a big road trip across the western US and I want a good piece of equipment to document it. Plus I've been looking at the shots they pull with the macro lens and it's out of this world. I'll post some pics in my thread later what this camera can do. I think that would be a cool contribution to the 420 community to have some insane macro shots. It's a little out of my price range, but if I can get a good deal on Amazon, it's mine.

Hopefully the girls won't be taking any more Mule rides until D-day....well, maybe if they ask nice...

Later, Bandit.

Oh $h1t!! You've got some damn nice looking outdoor ladies. Can't wait to see what you do indoors. So you've only been growing less than a year and getting results like that? Pretty impressive. I'll definately be poking around here often. Good job and +reps. Peace:peace:

:amen: HH, :amen:

Oh $h1t!! You've got some damn nice looking outdoor ladies. Can't wait to see what you do indoors. So you've only been growing less than a year and getting results like that? Pretty impressive. I'll definately be poking around here often. Good job and +reps. Peace:peace:

Thanks 619ster! :welcome: to my grow journal!
If you would like to see my previous exploits indoors you can check out the links on the opening post. They're good grows but this one is far superior! Better skillz, strains, and gear for this one!
I've actually been around cannabis gardens for the better part of my life. I come from a family that grew in the hills of Humboldt & Lake Counties in the late 70s thru the early 90s. I've been dickin' around with growing for about 12 years with outdoor bag seed grows but in the last three years I started growing indoors and really ramped up my game to produce a sustainable perpetual harvest all year!
Today I'm glad to say that I have'nt bought a bag of weed since 2008! The best part of it is that I'm growing some of the best weed I've ever smoked!
:rollit:

I hear ya, brotha. You brought the crazies on yourself I'm afraid. I was just about to PM you about the R2D2 schematics. Lol. JK. You've got a lot of good stuff going in your garden, you can't blame them for wanting a piece of it.

As far as the new camera, I love taking pictures. I'm planning a big road trip across the western US and I want a good piece of equipment to document it. Plus I've been looking at the shots they pull with the macro lens and it's out of this world. I'll post some pics in my thread later what this camera can do. I think that would be a cool contribution to the 420 community to have some insane macro shots. It's a little out of my price range, but if I can get a good deal on Amazon, it's mine.

Hopefully the girls won't be taking any more Mule rides until D-day....well, maybe if they ask nice...

Later, Bandit.

LOL! I guess so Brother! R2D2 schematics I can deal with but info on scientists, philosophers and the plight of the Bubblehead I can do without!:tokin:

My wife is big into pics too! She's old school 35mm Pentax. Since I got the point n shoots she's been coming around on the digitals. I know if she wants one though it will probably be something awesome like what you want.
We took a roadie out west a few years ago and she nailed some fabulous shots of Big Sur, San Simeon, and other great places along the PCH.

I think the girls like those rides around the ranch! Maybe take 'em down to a creek for drink or two before the big chop :)

Well today I was forced to reconfigure my vegging sitchyation here.
My 2' 6 tube T5 from HTG is struggling to give me a good plant so I had to dump it. It could only grow a plant maybe 12" tall even with new tubes. My other t5s can grow a 25" plant with no problem so a change had to be made there. I could only get a 4 tube light to replace the HTG so i had to do some rearranging of plants and lights.
I'm also not to thrilled with how my clones look under the 50 watt UFO so i jacked them up with the 90 watt UFO. If i still dont like what I see I'll change out the ufo for another 4 tube t5.
I also added a single 24" t5 tube on the backside wall of the cab for side lighting.
Here's what i came up with...

IMG_006610.JPG

IMG_006710.JPG

You can see how the clones look so sad and droopy. The top shoots actually look pretty good and there's no yellowing or necrosis setting in anywhere. They should root but they may be delayed a few days. Hopefully the extra 40 watts of led + some bleed over from the t5s will get them nice and perky.
You can see the single t5 in the back ground there. It came off a broken Hydrofarm Jumpstart system my local shop was going to trash so I collected the parts, gave it a new tube and voila! Side lighting!

Well bandit, I understand the rearranging thing. I just went through it myself. I hope they pick up soon. Everything looks very nice, even if you might not think so!:blunt:

I liked that one too Agent Green! :)
That might be one of the better ones to come out of any of my journals.:blunt:

Thanks for the compliments Green & V! It means alot! These plants look great but i have'nt shown you guys the two runt OGs that were under the HTG light. The tops look ok but the lower canopies are pale & weak. Classic sign of poor lighting. I moved one outside already but the other one looks like it's coming back strong under the new T5.
And Green I'm diggin your sig Brother! :slide:

Here's one of the OG Kush that needs some extra tlc. Note the necrosis in the very bottom leaf

IMG_00687.JPG

Clones close up! The 90 watt ufo seems to be the answer! They are looking way better only hours after getting the upgrade. The big fan leaves are still droopy and I doubt they will perk up. They will be cut off completely when these clones go to veg. You can see how the top shoots seem to have some pep in their step now except for the tall one on the left. I may go ahead and replace that cutting

IMG_00699.JPG

Was that a GrowBright or HTG house brand? I ran with there 2' compact t5 for the first grow when I got rockin again. It did ok w/ the stock bulbs, got some VitaLume bulbs and made a world of difference!

Was that a GrowBright or HTG house brand? I ran with there 2' compact t5 for the first grow when I got rockin again. It did ok w/ the stock bulbs, got some VitaLume bulbs and made a world of difference!

It was an HTG house brand. I did'nt buy it new so it may have just been worn out and tired. IDK. Can flo ballasts lose power over time?
VitaLume huh? I'll have to check that out. Right now I'm using Hydrofarm and PlantMax tubes.
Thanks V!

Bandit420 said:
It was an HTG house brand. I did'nt buy it new so it may have just been worn out and tired. IDK. Can flo ballasts lose power over time?
VitaLume huh? I'll have to check that out. Right now I'm using Hydrofarm and PlantMax tubes.
Thanks V!

They can loose power over time, a long time! How old is the light, are the bulbs new, is there any blackening around the pins? There are a lot of factors that factor into "losses".

If those bulbs are new than you might have a bad ballast. They are very easy to replace. Most hydro shops can get them and a rebuild is a lot cheaper than a new fixture.

If the bulbs are good you could do a continuity test on the ballast. That would let you know for sure. This is a good explanation of how to do this here!

They can loose power over time, a long time! How old is the light, are the bulbs new, is there any blackening around the pins? There are a lot of factors that factor into "losses".

If those bulbs are new than you might have a bad ballast. They are very easy to replace. Most hydro shops can get them and a rebuild is a lot cheaper than a new fixture.

If the bulbs are good you could do a continuity test on the ballast. That would let you know for sure. This is a good explanation of how to do this here!
Damn Bro I already resold the thing! I subsidize my grow room by buying and selling used gear so you'll see things come and go from my garden.
But I surely would have tried to rebuild it had i known this three days ago!:tokin:
I think it was pretty old and it may have been a Grow Bright but it was white with a HTG decal on it. I also remember that the amperage on it was rather high for a T5 at just under 2 when the others I see are barely above 1 amp.
The only light I can find on the HTG site that is like it is the grow bright 6 tube light that's brown or black.
A few of the connectors were kinda worn by being loose or tweaked a little. The connectors were also very flimsy compared to the ones in my Hydrofarm and Ultragrow T5 and the ultragrow is made in China like the HTG. It would have been cool to gut it all and replace it with Hydrofarm parts since HF does'nt make a 6 tube light. Maybe next time;)

From the world of the strange and bizarre, here's some before and after pics of what 10" of rain did to my plants over a 30 hour period.

IMG_00416.JPG

before

IMG_00778.JPG

After. This ww shot out so fast that her top & main branches are like vines! They very soft and flexible so I'm gonna need to get a trellis for support before those branches start to firm up. She grew about 12 gangly inches in all directions in 30 hours

000_05811.JPG

Grapegod before

IMG_008111.JPG

Grapegod after groing similar vine like branches and the top reaching for the sky.

Here's some nice trich shots from a WW I pulled before the rains came

IMG_00746.JPG

Sugar coated popcorn! :rollit:

IMG_007510.JPG

IMG_00769.JPG

I started playing with a bunch of my extra gear out of boredom during the storms and I came up with this..
It's the diy odor bucket made famous by Rosie built out of a 3 gallon Air Pot. I just used two screens. One to hold the ona and one to hold the fan

IMG_00709.JPG

IMG_00717.JPG

I still need to get a jar of ona to try it out. I think I want to see how it works with fan pointing both directions and maybe using a breathable pack full of ona instead of the jar to really see if I can max this things potential.

That's really amazing how how those plants grew so much in 30hrs, WOW!
Time to get that trellis built bro. ;)

I responded to the DIY odor control in the other thread, so I won't repeat myself here.
:goodjob:

bandit the growth is mad you've got the midas touch you'll be needing that trellis asap and them popcorn buds look good enough to eat :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom