SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Re: SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - M

At 1400mA right? Turned down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Good question. If i remember correct this chip was tested 2100mA at about 80W. So it should be somwhere round 800mA for 30W. (80W/2100mA)x800mA = 30,xW

Data sheet says at 1050mA it pulls 37W and has 186lm per watt at 25C

So i think i still may be round 160+ under 1 amp at 85C

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

Re: SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - M

Yes it was. Now i am sure that my light is good enough with the 2xVeros added :) thanks

If anyone can tell us the ppfd of 2 vero29 on 6 sqft we could ad that on top.

We can add another 10k lumen at 2*32w for shure :) can drive them up to 1750mA. That should be 2x10000 lumen on top. 133Wx150lmW...it pulls 144 and maybe spit out more LmW, who knows.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

PPFD results from Timber
420-magazine-mobile1946185874.jpg

Bxrc40e10k0-C-73SE running 100w @ 1400mA/68v with 14,500 Lm per cob.

And you thought your light was too bright Seymour. Lol.
Timber lights must be running dimmed to 50%.

Yes it was. Now i am sure that my light is good enough with the 2xVeros added :) thanks

If anyone can tell us the ppfd of 2 vero29 on 6 sqft we could ad that on top.

We can add another 10k lumen at 2*32w for shure :) can drive them up to 1750mA. That should be 2x10000 lumen on top. 133Wx150lmW...it pulls 144 and maybe spit out more LmW, who knows.

In 6 sq ft 2 vero 29's @1050 are about 250 ppfd

And you thought your light was too bright Seymour. Lol.
Timber lights must be running dimmed to 50%.

Math? 1166 PPFD for 6sqft or ~700 for 1m2 @ 6x36W+2x40W (296W), i got over 110W more power to be somwhere round that timbers 910/m2... Maybe even beat it slightly at the same 400W.

Looking at lumens they give 4x14500 total 58000

Now check 410Wx150lm per watt. :) could be more than 150 when you trust the manufacturer, more like 160

At full blast it is too much for 2x3, think not? What i saw is that it is too much without CO2, the plants feel better at lower wattage even when the temps were ok.

Better be safe than sorry mate, ;]

I really like following along with this DIY info. I still do not know as much as I would like.

So for fun, I downloaded a LUX app for my phone, I got 10,000+ at the top of the plants it think it is about 14-16in from the COBs, my timber kit cree COBs 4 at 3500k.

I dunno it is bright dimmed to about 50-60%.

Rock on with all this good stuff.

Today i soldered 48 Starboards, that was fun, trust me .

I started to check if my stash of diodes is working, one old cool white got fried right away but the rest is fine. I can add 3 more white or blue on that driver to fill the 80V.

Right now this should be slightly over 40W. Do you think these 2 Colors are good enough for seedlings or clones until they reach their first couple of nodes? 460nm Blue and 10000K white should give them a tight internodal space, right?

420-magazine-mobile1502582906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1109605414.jpg

These will be used for young plants placed arround a 3500K Cree CXB3590 DB or a 4000K Vero29. Another 29x5W 660nm red plus 1x3W 740nm far red are going to push the mid and late flowering phase.

All in all i want 3 flexible circuits for a 40x40x120cm tent. ~45W blue, 50W White COB, 55W red for ~1,75sqft

Open for opinions and critique .

How much would it roughly cost me to make a diy cob set up around 6 to 8 cobs needs to cover 150x90x200cm I really want it to be powerfull and cost efficient

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Velks 3rd Run - The Auto Flower Jungle

Agc Auto Growers Club
Depending on many factors. Besides your in the us or in europe: Passive/active cooling, Cree Chips or Vero29.7, top drivers like meanwell or cheaper ones from ebay. Should it be dimmable or fixed wattage?

If you go passive, cree and meanwell it will be pretty pricey. If you go active, Vero29.7 and cheaper not dimmable drivers it could be only a third of the price of the higher end parts.

I would pick min 8 cobs for your project

Depending on many factors. Besides your in the us or in europe: Passive/active cooling, Cree Chips or Vero29.7, top drivers like meanwell or cheaper ones from ebay. Should it be dimmable or fixed wattage?

If you go passive, cree and meanwell it will be pretty pricey. If you go active, Vero29.7 and cheaper not dimmable drivers it could be only a third of the price of the higher end parts.

I would pick min 8 cobs for your project

What's better out of vero and cree? I was hoping it would be much cheaper I'm in uk here if that helps

Agc Auto Growers Club

Depending on the exact model and amps you use the better BIN Cree puts out a lilbit more light per watt compared to a vero29.7. But if you want to go cheap Cree is not an option imho

You sound like you dont want to pay more then 350gbp for 8 chips running, right? I am busy right now but i have a good source for cheap not dimmable drivers.

I can check prices and sources later that day. Going to thai massage now . .

Depending on the exact model and amps you use the better BIN Cree puts out a lilbit more light per watt compared to a vero29.7. But if you want to go cheap Cree is not an option imho

You sound like you dont want to pay more then 350gbp for 8 chips running, right? I am busy right now but i have a good source for cheap not dimmable drivers.

I can check prices and sources later that day. Going to thai massage now . .

Thanks so much buddy I just want a good performance one that's cheap for now to see how I like it then can invest later down the line to a better model

Thanks man really apresiate it

Agc Auto Growers Club

Thanks so much buddy I just want a good performance one that's cheap for now to see how I like it then can invest later down the line to a better model

Thanks man really apresiate it

Agc Auto Growers Club
But you should keep in mind it gets down to a point you will not get a better efficiency compared to a good HPS. Just the spread will remain better compared to a single bulb setup.

But we'll see. I can not find a link i was looking for about the drivers. Give us some time, i am pretty busy.

You could start looking for some active pc heatsinks on ebay. The Arctic Alpine 11 Pro Rev 2 can be found for under 8 bucks and is good for up to 95W. One per COB :) i use this one at 10Volts and it doesnt get warm at 70W. Look for a cheap 12V power supply with 4 Amps or a lil more to be on the safe side.

Cooling seems like max 80Euro in this case.

In your case of 1,35m2/14,5feet2 i would push each COB to 80W. So 640W total pull from the wall. So 45W per square foot. Thats a minimum i would aim for. But if you leave about 5cm air to all 4 walls you are in the 53w/foot2. (1,12m2 or 12sqft) Thats good enough.

Besides that go to a local hardware store and buy some meters of aluminum profiles. most people use L profiles. Think about how you want to put them together. Grab a pack of M3 (for the cobs, so minimum 16 are needed, buy more) and M4 screws with nuts or how its called (for heatsinks and the aluminum frame) and the tools you will need if you dont have any.

If you draw a simple sketch of your growroom i can edit it how i would place 8 Cobs in there.

I guess you could get this light for arround 400Euro

If youre not in a hurry we can do this together stressfree .

But you should keep in mind it gets down to a point you will not get a better efficiency compared to a good HPS. Just the spread will remain better compared to a single bulb setup.

But we'll see. I can not find a link i was looking for about the drivers. Give us some time, i am pretty busy.

You could start looking for some active pc heatsinks on ebay. The Arctic Alpine 11 Pro Rev 2 can be found for under 8 bucks and is good for up to 95W. One per COB :) i use this one at 10Volts and it doesnt get warm at 70W. Look for a cheap 12V power supply with 4 Amps or a lil more to be on the safe side.

Cooling seems like max 80Euro in this case.

In your case of 1,35m2/14,5feet2 i would push each COB to 80W. So 640W total pull from the wall. So 45W per square foot. Thats a minimum i would aim for. But if you leave about 5cm air to all 4 walls you are in the 53w/foot2. (1,12m2 or 12sqft) Thats good enough.

Besides that go to a local hardware store and buy some meters of aluminum profiles. most people use L profiles. Think about how you want to put them together. Grab a pack of M3 (for the cobs, so minimum 16 are needed, buy more) and M4 screws with nuts or how its called (for heatsinks and the aluminum frame) and the tools you will need if you dont have any.

If you draw a simple sketch of your growroom i can edit it how i would place 8 Cobs in there.

I guess you could get this light for arround 400Euro

If youre not in a hurry we can do this together stressfree .

Thanks for taking the time to do this for me buddy I have no idea about any of the parts or what I'm looking for lol I'll take note of what you have put down and have a look

Agc Auto Growers Club

Back
Top Bottom