Melmac420

420 Member
Hi all. First time autoflower/indoor grower with outdoor experience. The ladies have started preflowering. I have lights with a veg switch and bloom switch. When do I switch over to the bloom? Should I leave both the veg and bloom switched on?

Hi all. First time autoflower/indoor grower with outdoor experience. The ladies have started preflowering. I have lights with a veg switch and bloom switch. When do I switch over to the bloom? Should I leave both the veg and bloom switched on?
i would personally wait till the pre flower stretch is done before switching to bloom but i don't have seperate switchs for veg & bloom and only on my 2nd indoor auto grow did your lights come with a manual ? maybe start a grow journal so other members can follow

Hiya Melmac.
I'd fire up both switches going into flower..full power Scottie, both grow and bloom will give you a more complete spectrum from your light.
Just watch it's not too close to the plant.
Any stress from the plant just raise the light an inch or 2.

i would personally wait till the pre flower stretch is done before switching to bloom but i don't have seperate switchs for veg & bloom and only on my 2nd indoor auto grow did your lights come with a manual ? maybe start a grow journal so other members can follow
light did come with a manual. I just flipped through it again. Didnt get into it much, just height of light during each stage. I'm going into week 5 now. Started preflowering a week or so ago. I started a grow journal, but in a notebook! I'm a little old school when it comes to that 😆

light did come with a manual. I just flipped through it again. Didnt get into it much, just height of light during each stage. I'm going into week 5 now. Started preflowering a week or so ago. I started a grow journal, but in a notebook! I'm a little old school when it comes to that 😆
You're in the right place for old school.
:cough:
You can tag people in your journal by putting the @ in front of their names.
Give me a tag in your journal @Listersmeghead and I'll follow along.
Welcome aboard.
:thumb:

Edit..I just realised you meant an actuall note book.
:rofl:

i would follow Listersmeghead suggestion full spectrum makes more sense (im still pretty green & learning )

Next time, flip it on as soon as the plant has its first pair of true leaves and you know it's not going to stretch and fall over. Unless you're trying to artificially restrict the final size of the plant for some reason, I suppose (I've seen 3' tall grow tents; and people have packed way too many plants into a more normal height tent, to the point at which there was no room to train them down/out when they started to get big). Autoflowering strains only have a limited, finite growth phase; it seems counterproductive to limit the amount of light-energy they receive during it.

Back
Top Bottom