Smell Proof Bag,10.5''x6''x0.8'', 27x15x2cm, Mars Hydro HonestGR Review

Canada is legal so if Mars wants to test the bag, they can do so with a phone call. Heck, I bet any police academy in any of the 50 States (legal or otherwise) would gladly test the bag in a classroom situation.
To tell you the truth, it is the ease that these tests could be done and the fact they have not gives me pause on these types of products.

I understand completely! It would definitely be ideal for sure!

It has been a while since I have updated this. But we are at 7 months. But oddly this is still working for me. I put some dog treats in it last month, and totally forgot about it. Last week I put the smellproof bag infront of my dog, and she did nothing, she is a beagle (known for good noses) and loves her treats...

I do think it will kick the bucket soon because I have started storing an open bag inside (yes i know it will leave the bud dry and crumbling) but its time to push the limit a little.

-----------
Overall: Great product. For myself it meets and exceeds the 6 month mark.

Keep in mind, I have stored several containers of cannabis, including baggies and dog treats for 1 month. Over a period of 7 months.

Suggestion to users: If you are using this, use something that will prevent smell from leaking to lengthen the life of this product. (Med bottles etc). Also, store it in a place that does not have the smell of cannabis if the outside smells of it, why would you even bother? ;)

@SmokeSara keep manufacturing this product! It works very well! I will order more down the road!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Thank you so much, I didn't expect that working 7 months, haha, but thank you for letting us know. :ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

To do it with a retired k9 is one thing (or in legal country), but to do it in a country where it is illegal.. you blatantly have a product that is illegal testing how to go against your government laws.

As far as I know, cannabis is still highly illegal in China. I've read that they'll sometimes give a visiting foreigner a "pass" (after screaming at them for a while about failing to respect the laws of the country that they are visiting, but that is to be expected, much the same if one visits someone's house and then disregards their rules) if, for example, they catch someone smoking a joint. But I read an article either early last year or late in 2017 about a raid on a nightclub where the police sealed the exits and drug tested everyone in the club on the spot. The author of the article stated that they took the patrons to the bathroom, one by one, and that an officer stood there in the doorway and watched each one "produce a sample."

I think that was all because of an anonymous tip that someone was smoking cannabis there.

As far as I know, cannabis is still highly illegal in China. I've read that they'll sometimes give a visiting foreigner a "pass" (after screaming at them for a while about failing to respect the laws of the country that they are visiting, but that is to be expected, much the same if one visits someone's house and then disregards their rules) if, for example, they catch someone smoking a joint. But I read an article either early last year or late in 2017 about a raid on a nightclub where the police sealed the exits and drug tested everyone in the club on the spot. The author of the article stated that they took the patrons to the bathroom, one by one, and that an officer stood there in the doorway and watched each one "produce a sample."

I think that was all because of an anonymous tip that someone was smoking cannabis there.
@TorturedSoul

It is very highly illegal there. Last I heard (fact or fiction, this could also be way out of date) if you possess even a gram, its jail or punishable by death.... (again, not sure how death penalty applies, perhaps drug lords or dealers?)

I know its very illegal however.

China similarly reserves executions for drug traffickers, such as Canadian Robert Schellenberg, who currently faces the death penalty on a charge of smuggling 200 kg of meth.

Appearently it must be reserved for large importers.

200 KG?!?

Yeah, I have zero complaints with that sentence. Assuming the evidence is clear. If it was just a dog and pony show, then I'd have an issue with the trial, but a death sentence for that crime seems pretty lenient. Unless the PRC has started the practice of Lingchi again.

I have also received a smell proof bag from Sara def a cool looking bad mine is about a year old still working great n for me my state ant legal so the bag works well also hiding to buds just look like a regular money back lol but thanks @SmokeSara def still putting this puppy to good use

Yes, they are still highly illegal in China. Everything related will be claimed as drugs, and forbidden to use. And if found out, will put into jail for sure. :lot-o-toke:
Surely your distributor in Canada could easily arrange for these bags to be tested in Canada. That would get around any Chinese laws and would verify that the bags work.

Surely your distributor in Canada could easily arrange for these bags to be tested in Canada. That would get around any Chinese laws and would verify that the bags work.
The above reply garners a "like" but not a promise to test . . . I'll be honest; I'm "disappointed" but given it's a sponsor, I'll leave it at that. :(
Heck, market the bags as being able to hide the smell from people but please don't let the market mistakenly believe these actually work with drug dogs if you aren't going to test them.

The above reply garners a "like" but not a promise to test . . . I'll be honest; I'm troubled but given it's a sponsor, I'll leave it at that. :(
Heck, market the bags as being able to hide the smell from people but please don't let the market mistakenly believe these actually work with drug dogs if you aren't going to test them.

I can confirm:
It 100% has not been tested for a trained k9. At least on my behalf. A treat for an untrained dog is by no means a "real test". Do not assume it is safe vs the trained dog.

If I can manage to get a trained k9, I will provide video on results, either if they can smell it or not! This could be something to go back on in time by getting a new bag specifically for the dog. Testing it 1-3-6 months respectively with the k9.

Sound fair ?

I can confirm:
It 100% has not been tested for a trained k9. At least on my behalf. A treat for an untrained dog is by no means a "real test". Do not assume it is safe vs the trained dog.

If I can manage to get a trained k9, I will provide video on results, either if they can smell it or not! This could be something to go back on in time by getting a new bag specifically for the dog. Testing it 1-3-6 months respectively with the k9.

Sound fair ?
Absolutely; I really don't believe the bag will work with a trained dog; I have "experience" with the need for something like this and given the extent one goes through to cover smells when shipping from Florida a certain product; I'm very skeptical.
If they want to market as a way to kill the smell so one doesn't smell like their grow room in social situations then it sounds like a great product, but letting the market believe it works with dogs and won't test it to prove it is not right.

Thank you for stepping up and doing what the manufacturer won't. You should be commended and I really do hope your test will be successful; then maybe they'll do their own.

Absolutely; I really don't believe the bag will work with a trained dog; I have "experience" with the need for something like this and given the extent one goes through to cover smells when shipping from Florida a certain product; I'm very skeptical.
If they want to market as a way to kill the smell so one doesn't smell like their grow room in social situations then it sounds like a great product, but letting the market believe it works with dogs and won't test it to prove it is not right.

Thank you for stepping up and doing what the manufacturer won't. You should be commended and I really do hope your test will be successful; then maybe they'll do their own.

I have my reservations as well regarding dogs, they have such a strong sense unlike humans.... even vacuum sealed products can still be detected. Although I think it would be a one time use if it is to be used against dogs.

How many people take precautions when putting their stash away? Chances are unless using gloves and such, you will leave some residue on the outside of the bag, this a dog could smell quickly.

However argument sakes, if it were for a medical patient: This would be a convenient way to avoid headaches; prevent them from having to go through the securities questions. But an Xray can trump all of this :p

Canada is legal so if Mars wants to test the bag, they can do so with a phone call. Heck, I bet any police academy in any of the 50 States (legal or otherwise) would gladly test the bag in a classroom situation.
To tell you the truth, it is the ease that these tests could be done and the fact they have not gives me pause on these types of products.

Yes please let's take products that will be protecting people and give them to the police so they know what they are looking for.

If the beagle (which is commonly used in people dense security situations) couldn't smell her treats, the bags work well. I could stuff a rabbit in one and see if the dogs find it. Does that count as a trained dog? Haha. Rabbit dogs looking for rabbits in a bag?

Activated charcoal can be reactivated with heat.

I have a couple from a different brand that I like very much. Identical designs. I only store sealed bags in it and it's only for transport not storage Holds two ounces so I'm within my states limit.

Mine came with instructions to reactivate in the dryer on low for 30 mins. They make sure you'll be able to use your bag over and over again rather than wanting to sell you a new one every 6 months.

Yes please let's take products that will be protecting people and give them to the police so they know what they are looking for.

If the beagle (which is commonly used in people dense security situations) couldn't smell her treats, the bags work well. I could stuff a rabbit in one and see if the dogs find it. Does that count as a trained dog? Haha. Rabbit dogs looking for rabbits in a bag?

I have a couple from a different brand that I like very much. Identical designs. I only store sealed bags in it and it's only for transport not storage Holds two ounces so I'm within my states limit.

Mine came with instructions to reactivate in the dryer on low for 30 mins. They make sure you'll be able to use your bag over and over again rather than wanting to sell you a new one every 6 months.

I was not aware of reactivation, thank you! Do you know if it releases all of the smell compounds?

I can state the the cops that this is used for medical (avoiding confrontation?), even then where its legal here, and isnt in other places it could be ok. Less people so not as many sold here? ;)

My little pup has only been out rabbit hunting the once, and boy can she run... but i doubt she knows what a rabbit smells like haha.

Lol. Been my experience that if a cop searches your stuff, he/she actually looks inside your containers, too.

If the beagle (which is commonly used in people dense security situations) couldn't smell her treats, the bags work well.

I tested a similar product back in 2010 when Flat-D Innovations ("420 Stealth") was a sponsor, and placed an almost full package of catnip (that had just been shredded open by two cats) inside one, walked back into the room they were in, and threw the pouch onto the floor between them. They walked over, sniffed it... and walked away.

Yeah, I know, dogs' sense of smell is more powerful than cats', so this was inconclusive.

Yes, but it really needs to be considerably hotter than the average clothes dryer, lol, and done in the absence of oxygen. That's why baking the "spent" carbon granules from a carbon filter in one's oven at "Broil" (550°F?) in an attempt to reactivate it doesn't work all that well and the filter doesn't work as long as it did the first time. It's done in huge rotating kilns that are heated to 700°C - 900°C (up to 1,652°F). And there are other steps (information lifted from Calgon Carbon's website):

After an activated carbon’s adsorptive capacity has been exhausted, it can be returned to Calgon Carbon for thermal reactivation. With high temperature reactivation followed by off-gas treatment, the absorbed organic compounds are destroyed and reactivated carbon can be safely and cost-effectively recycled back to facilities for continued use. A number of important steps are involved in the reactivation process:

• Spent activated carbon is heated in furnaces devoid of oxygen using steam as a selective oxidant.
  • Absorbed organics are either volatilized from the activated carbon or pyrolysed to a carbon char.
  • Volatilized organics are destroyed in the furnace’s afterburner.
  • Acid gases are removed by means of a chemical scrubber.
  • The high-temperature reaction with steam serves to restore the adsorptive capacity of the activated carbon.
Through reactivation, the spent granular activated carbon can be recycled for reuse, virtually eliminating the costs and long-term liability associated with disposal.

Now that I think about it, I think the only real benefit that baking one's carbon filter media provides is probably that, when we remove it and reinstall it, it gets put back into the filter shell in a random order - meaning that the air passing through it ends up passing over different pieces/surfaces than it did the first time.

If you're going to be traveling with cannabis, and your carbon pouch is in any way questionable, buy a new one. It'll cost you a lot less than a lawyer will, lol, and some LEO will attempt to confiscate your vehicle (and often succeed) if you're caught with any real quantity. Oh, and vacuum seal the stuff, scrub your hands/wrists with a good solvent, and scrub the outside of the sealed package before sticking it in your carbon pouch. Too careful might be annoying... but not careful enough is far more so.

Back
Top Bottom