Sobergrower Gorilla Glue 2022 - PPK

I posted on a quadline thread but wanted to update my own grow journal. I ties the top limbs down and removed a few lower leaves today.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Looks great. :thumb:
Hope your good Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Well this is a little like watching grass grow😂!

It has been a few days since posting so here is an update. In the lower reservoirs the PPM is around 750 with an PH of 6.3. Yesterday, I mixed up 6 gallons to add back into the main feed reservoir at 850ppm and PH of 6.2.

I move the lights up a few inches and the plants seem to like that. I keep spreading the main branches out daily and I took a few of the large bottom leaves off. I am a bit nervous about doing any tying down and may just plan to scrog them out.

Right now I am planning on vegging them for a few more weeks or at least until they will fill the tent.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Peace…..SG

Well this is a little like watching grass grow😂!

It has been a few days since posting so here is an update. In the lower reservoirs the PPM is around 750 with an PH of 6.3. Yesterday, I mixed up 6 gallons to add back into the main feed reservoir at 850ppm and PH of 6.2.

I move the lights up a few inches and the plants seem to like that. I keep spreading the main branches out daily and I took a few of the large bottom leaves off. I am a bit nervous about doing any tying down and may just plan to scrog them out.

Right now I am planning on vegging them for a few more weeks or at least until they will fill the tent.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Peace…..SG
Could be worse Could be soil. :rofl:
Beautiful work my friend. :adore:

Stay safe

It has been a few days since the last post. I thought I would provide an update.

The PPM in the sub irrigation system is holding around 760. The PH however was up around 6.6. I take the secondary pump and pull about 4 gallons into a five gallon bucket and began adjusting the PH a little at a time and then circulate the whole sub irrigation system until I got the PH down around 6.0.

I pull leaves off and continue to open up the center by bending the limbs. These girls have some big fan leaves so I am pulling leaves from the bottom and also from the middle to open things up.

The plant on the left is still a bit smaller than her sister in the right but that is ok. I am going to give them one more week before switching them over. I will probably pull a couple of clones off both of them either right before switching or during the first week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Peace……SG

Getting ready to flip these two ladies. They have grown up and ready. I did end up naming them Patty on the left and Selma on the right. A nod to the Simpson.

Yesterday I took some cuttings for clones and pulled quite a few leaves off. Today it doesn’t look like I did anything to them. I also adjust the light to a 15 hour light cycle.

I will most likely switch them over on September 1st.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Getting ready to flip these two ladies. They have grown up and ready. I did end up naming them Patty on the left and Selma on the right. A nod to the Simpson.

Yesterday I took some cuttings for clones and pulled quite a few leaves off. Today it doesn’t look like I did anything to them. I also adjust the light to a 15 hour light cycle.

I will most likely switch them over on September 1st.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
How are you doing my friend :ciao:
Ladies are doing great, nice and thick.
Flip will be exciting.
As I prepped my coco girls for flip I'd ramp the nutrients to the max.
Drop the light on them and turn it up
24/ 7 for a few days and then drop them into the flower room.
Lights out for first 36 hrs then lights on 12/12.
Worked great.
I'd drop 1300w on them full.
Great way to prep for flower.
Then they are running full steam.
What ppm are you at now?
How do you like gradually flipping?
Talk soon.

Stay safe

Hiya Sober. Great new journal! I've started, er restarted... wait... uhm, new plants, new containers, new tent... yeah ok that's not restart... that's a "new start". Check out my journal (au courant in sig.) and hopefully it'll make more sense. I pulled down my dwc before getting too far along. I'm passive as well now, SIPs though. Your a couple of weeks ahead of me but watch that rearview, I'm comin'!

I have two GG#4 in pots that are members of the Mom Patrol. Bill warned me about this cultivar, saying they were a bushy pain in the tushy (paraphrasing). He was right, not that I doubted. I mean... can't make heads or tail sometimes, reminds me of untangling my ancient, brittle, 100ft.+ extension cord. Now I have a poss. deficiency showing up on top too, poss. from light stress. They've also been getting manky Maxigrow mixed by the "whatever, it's cool man" method a couple times so acting out to get attention seems about right. They were on 24hr under skylights and in front of a 100,000 lumen LED. I gave some Humboldt's secret Golden Tree and Liquidirt. Doesn't clear up I'll go w/ more N I guess, but poss. by way of calmag. Gonna let the internet think it over - posting some pics tonight. Ugh, Moms, am I right?

I'm feeding MC 2 part to my 'main" plants in SIPs. It's a Jack's Pro copy, 5-12-27 and Cal Nit 15.5-0-0, w/ Epsom even though MC has some Mag mixed in. The MC uses amino chelates, and has some other differences to Jacks. It's a lot 'cleaner' than the original MC 1 part. I'm interested in your mix, maybe you could post? My first fill was 10-7-10. I have light amendments in my peat moss, it slurries to 250ppm and my mix is 300ppm. I have the ability to stir or aerate the fertigation, and sample pH, but shooting for being able to "ignore" both. Really, really trying to keep nute levels reasonable.

I'm not a novice really, and yet kinda am a beginner, sort of, this is my first "all me" grow in a long time and my indoor experience has only been working for others to now. Lots of outdoor in 1990s. I went with SIPs over your style really only because I felt the peat mix buffering ability would come in to save me from a mistake here and there. I really gave PPK method a serious look though.

Thanks so much for illustrating your grow setup, it is fascinating. I hope to see you over at my place sometime for a chat. Be well sir and grow on.

Hiya Sober. Great new journal! I've started, er restarted... wait... uhm, new plants, new containers, new tent... yeah ok that's not restart... that's a "new start". Check out my journal (au courant in sig.) and hopefully it'll make more sense. I pulled down my dwc before getting too far along. I'm passive as well now, SIPs though. Your a couple of weeks ahead of me but watch that rearview, I'm comin'!

I have two GG#4 in pots that are members of the Mom Patrol. Bill warned me about this cultivar, saying they were a bushy pain in the tushy (paraphrasing). He was right, not that I doubted. I mean... can't make heads or tail sometimes, reminds me of untangling my ancient, brittle, 100ft.+ extension cord. Now I have a poss. deficiency showing up on top too, poss. from light stress. They've also been getting manky Maxigrow mixed by the "whatever, it's cool man" method a couple times so acting out to get attention seems about right. They were on 24hr under skylights and in front of a 100,000 lumen LED. I gave some Humboldt's secret Golden Tree and Liquidirt. Doesn't clear up I'll go w/ more N I guess, but poss. by way of calmag. Gonna let the internet think it over - posting some pics tonight. Ugh, Moms, am I right?

I'm feeding MC 2 part to my 'main" plants in SIPs. It's a Jack's Pro copy, 5-12-27 and Cal Nit 15.5-0-0, w/ Epsom even though MC has some Mag mixed in. The MC uses amino chelates, and has some other differences to Jacks. It's a lot 'cleaner' than the original MC 1 part. I'm interested in your mix, maybe you could post? My first fill was 10-7-10. I have light amendments in my peat moss, it slurries to 250ppm and my mix is 300ppm. I have the ability to stir or aerate the fertigation, and sample pH, but shooting for being able to "ignore" both. Really, really trying to keep nute levels reasonable.

I'm not a novice really, and yet kinda am a beginner, sort of, this is my first "all me" grow in a long time and my indoor experience has only been working for others to now. Lots of outdoor in 1990s. I went with SIPs over your style really only because I felt the peat mix buffering ability would come in to save me from a mistake here and there. I really gave PPK method a serious look though.

Thanks so much for illustrating your grow setup, it is fascinating. I hope to see you over at my place sometime for a chat. Be well sir and grow on.

Hey reservoir dog! Glad you stopped by. I will swing by your journal soon and take a gander. What to SIP stand for? I have seen several references to this style but not sure how it works. I guess I will find out when I visit your journal. 🙄

Have you thought about adding fluvic and soluble kelp to the mix? This is my first run with these additives and I think it has been beneficial to the girls.

I am currently mixing nutes for add back to the bulk reservoir at around 850 ppm. This is including 100 ppm from the tap. The sub irrigation portion will typically pull this done during veg and then it will rise during flower. It is a pretty simple way of growing.

The media in the PPK can be any inert material. There have been multiple combinations over the years. The inventor of this is now using a mix of perlite, vermiculite, worm castings, and something else. It will work with coco as well. I just don’t like bugs (which is sometimes part of the coco run.

Peace……SG

Thought I would repost how I mix nutrients as it may help someone else.

I have 8 gallons of well water at 100 ppm in this tub.

image.jpg

I am targeting about 850 total ppm when mixed. I am using Jacks 3-2-1 which consists of Jacks 5-12-26 (the 3), calnit15.5-0-0 (the 2) and Epsom salts (the 1). The 3-2-1 are the ratios by weight or ppm for this run. I use 3.6 grams per gallon of Jack, 2.4 grams calnit, and 1.2 grams Epsom. The one important this is the process for mixing these nutrients is Jacks first , Epsom second and finally calnit. Do it differently and you will have problems.

image.jpg

I use a drill with a cement mixing attachment to stir things up

image.jpg

I mix a bit and then wait. I want the Jacks to be pretty well dissolved before adding Epsom salts.

Epsom salts

image.jpg

And Calnit

image.jpg

Ppm is close enough

image.jpg

This usually makes my Ph around 6.7. I manage my sub irrigation ph through adjustments in the main reservoir. During veg ph usually climbs in the sub irrigation portion so I am targeting 5.8 to 6.0 here.

image.jpg

Now that that is done, I add 1 ml per gallon of fluvic and about 1/8 tsp of soluble kelp.

A final stirring and it is ready.

image.jpg

I use a simple pond pump to transfer the nutrients into the bulk reservoir.

image.jpg

That’s enough tonight. Hope you are all well!

Peace……SG

How are you doing my friend :ciao:
Ladies are doing great, nice and thick.
Flip will be exciting.
As I prepped my coco girls for flip I'd ramp the nutrients to the max.
Drop the light on them and turn it up
24/ 7 for a few days and then drop them into the flower room.
Lights out for first 36 hrs then lights on 12/12.
Worked great.
I'd drop 1300w on them full.
Great way to prep for flower.
Then they are running full steam.
What ppm are you at now?
How do you like gradually flipping?
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Hey bill I realized that I didn’t respond to your post. I am planning on having them on a 12/12 cycle starting tomorrow. I read a few posts about the quick start of flower through extended dark period. I may just unplug the light tonight and give em 24 hours to 36 hour through tomorrow.

Right now the sub irrigation is still being pulled down and hovers around 750 to 800. My main reservoir, as noted above, is running 850. I Am planning to use Jacks bloom booster for a few weeks at the beginning of flower. Running a stable ppm may cost a bit in the weight department but I think the quality will be there in the end.

Peace.....SG

Hey bill I realized that I didn’t respond to your post. I am planning on having them on a 12/12 cycle starting tomorrow. I read a few posts about the quick start of flower through extended dark period. I may just unplug the light tonight and give em 24 hours to 36 hour through tomorrow.

Right now the sub irrigation is still being pulled down and hovers around 750 to 800. My main reservoir, as noted above, is running 850. I Am planning to use Jacks bloom booster for a few weeks at the beginning of flower. Running a stable ppm may cost a bit in the weight department but I think the quality will be there in the end.

Peace.....SG
Sounds like a good plan my friend.
Have a great day. :ciao:

Stay safe

So today is technically day three after the flip. I kept them in the dark for 36 hours and then put them on a 12 on 12 off light cycle two days ago. Today I am going to replace 8 gallons from the sub irrigation reservoir with the equivalent amount using jacks bloom booster 10 – 30 –20 formula. The plants have already begun to stretch and I am considering putting the net over the top of them today or tomorrow. The PH in the sub irrigation continued to rise over the last week. So with this batch of nutrients I have lowered the pH down to 6.0.

The humidity in the tent has also started to rise over the last week or so. I have stopped using the humidifier and today it was right at 60%.

I had to raise the lights about 6 inches today. When I came home yesterday it was too late and the lights were already off. I sure hope I don’t outgrow the height on this tent.

Anyway here are some pictures

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Peace……SG

So today is technically day three after the flip. I kept them in the dark for 36 hours and then put them on a 12 on 12 off light cycle two days ago. Today I am going to replace 8 gallons from the sub irrigation reservoir with the equivalent amount using jacks bloom booster 10 – 30 –20 formula. The plants have already begun to stretch and I am considering putting the net over the top of them today or tomorrow. The PH in the sub irrigation continued to rise over the last week. So with this batch of nutrients I have lowered the pH down to 6.0.

The humidity in the tent has also started to rise over the last week or so. I have stopped using the humidifier and today it was right at 60%.

I had to raise the lights about 6 inches today. When I came home yesterday it was too late and the lights were already off. I sure hope I don’t outgrow the height on this tent.

Anyway here are some pictures

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Peace……SG
Nice and thick, healthy girls :welldone:
Can't wait for the stretch.
Hope your well my friend.

Stay safe

So beautiful Sober... Plants seem to enjoy your single PPM tactic. A lot of Jack's customers feed this way and I too was influenced by them to do the same. This grow however I've given myself leeweay, in case I make a mistake and choose the wrong mix, or something. I'm an intermediately experienced grower, coming back from a multi-decade "tolerance break". So far so good. Oh, yes, I do use those two amendments as well. Great minds...!

Excited to see what's next here, thanks for sharing.

Heh Sober, I just hit the "watch" button and need to go back and read up on your setup. I

've done three DWC grows since 2/21, all autos, two of which, including the most recent, were Gorilla Glue. I really like GG - yield is excellent and tons of leaves under the canopy.

And, small world, I use Jacks 3-2-1 with RO but without the 1 so mix is 3.7-2.5-0 and I run the same mix from seedling to harvest. I've only done one grow that way but I got an excellent crop and I do not miss the pretty bottles.

Thank you @Bill284 , @ReservoirDog , and @Delps8 for checking in! The stretch is defined underway. I put the netting over the top and started working to flatten these girls. There are a lot of small branches underneath that I am beginning to remove. The fan leaves are huge on both of these girls and I am pulling about a handful off each one over the past few days. I hope you are all well and will post some fresh pictures in the near future.

Thank you @Bill284 , @ReservoirDog , and @Delps8 for checking in! The stretch is defined underway. I put the netting over the top and started working to flatten these girls. There are a lot of small branches underneath that I am beginning to remove. The fan leaves are huge on both of these girls and I am pulling about a handful off each one over the past few days. I hope you are all well and will post some fresh pictures in the near future.
With Em it's over watering, mine is pulling leaves off. :rofl:
Don't take off anything that could make it up past the net.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Stay safe

With Em it's over watering, mine is pulling leaves off. :rofl:
Don't take off anything that could make it up past the net.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hey Bill,

In all of my previous grows I have either left growth nodes on in the undercarriage that have taken away from the tops or said to myself, “self, you need to defoliate more”.

I appreciate the advice and interest. As I have said before, sometimes it is important to experiment and experience things first hand to be able to learn.

I guess we will see how it turns out.

Peace….SG

Hey Bill,

In all of my previous grows I have either left growth nodes on in the undercarriage that have taken away from the tops or said to myself, “self, you need to defoliate more”.

I appreciate the advice and interest. As I have said before, sometimes it is important to experiment and experience things first hand to be able to learn.

I guess we will see how it turns out.

Peace….SG
Exactly my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom