Sobergrower Gorilla Glue 2022 - PPK

Thought I would put up some pictures of the modules getting prepared.

655B6922-1A35-410C-B210-775AC813146E.jpeg

I did cut out the grate at the top fitting. The top and bottom fittings are basic floor drains from HD. I laid down a layer of chunky perlite about an inch or two on the bottom of the pipe and then filled the rest with a 50/50 mix of petite and turface.

33D772F4-4316-4620-8406-F0ECD418BA7F.jpeg

Here is a side view of the planter module. The pipe will end up in the sub irrigation tub and will be partially submerged in nutrient water. This creates the perched water table and allows the short flat portion to be packed with roots top to bottom.

DEC6FDE9-F7CB-479B-AAE6-F364AD5BC939.jpeg

Here is the first module sitting on top of the sub irrigation tub. I added crossbars to elevate the planter for more nutrient and air gap capability. There is a tube the runs from one tub to the other. This is connected to a small pond pump and is only for recirculating the nutrients. It is not necessary though.

D99B55D9-1AEE-4EAA-B60A-5192E19DB71C.jpeg

And here are both planters sitting on/in their tubs. The top portion of the planter will be filled with straight turface. I am done for tonight.

Peace……SG

Two of the girls hopefully have found their forever home. Expecting a bit of transplant shock. Probably not going to water for a day or two and let the media dry out a bit. I also turned of the humidifier to help as well.

image.jpg

These are sitting under the Mars Hydro FC3000. Thank you @Mars Hydro ! They will stay under this light for a week or two and then the FC-E4800 will go in to work!

Thanks for documenting your setup...interesting. how often do you have to add water to the reservoirs?

Hey Tim, once the unit is up and running I will most likely only fill the main reservoir once a week. The old threads had people staring that this was the most boring way to grow. I am still learning and haven’t quite got there yet.

Hey Tim, once the unit is up and running I will most likely only fill the main reservoir once a week. The old threads had people staring that this was the most boring way to grow. I am still learning and haven’t quite got there yet.
Once a week water duties doesn't sound boring.....sounds great :)

I made some tweaks to the system earlier this week. These were based on input from another grower I have great respect for and knows this growing system.

The plants were looking a little sad a few days after getting in their new homes. Their leaves were droopy. The minor adjustments made included creating a larger halo ring so the nutrients get spread out further. Adjusting the timing for feed cycle. It is now set to 20 seconds every 2 hours. And adjusting the water level to 5 inches in the sub irrigation tubs.

Temps run 79 day and about 74 at night. RH is kept at 55%.

Nutrient feed is bumped up to -800 ppm.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

They are close to getting their first hair cut. I want to wait a little longer but will top to the third or fourth node. I am still wanting to do this grow as a quadline.

SG

I made some tweaks to the system earlier this week. These were based on input from another grower I have great respect for and knows this growing system.

The plants were looking a little sad a few days after getting in their new homes. Their leaves were droopy. The minor adjustments made included creating a larger halo ring so the nutrients get spread out further. Adjusting the timing for feed cycle. It is now set to 20 seconds every 2 hours. And adjusting the water level to 5 inches in the sub irrigation tubs.

Temps run 79 day and about 74 at night. RH is kept at 55%.

Nutrient feed is bumped up to -800 ppm.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

They are close to getting their first hair cut. I want to wait a little longer but will top to the third or fourth node. I am still wanting to do this grow as a quadline.

SG
800 from what ppm?
Looking a touch hungry, but healthy and happy my friend.
Hope you had a good day.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

800 from what ppm?
Looking a touch hungry, but healthy and happy my friend.
Hope you had a good day.

Stay safe

I agree Bill. Thank you for confirming what I am seeing. They were being fed at around 600 ppm. I am wanting to feed as light as possible but I think this new light is driving them harder then my previous lights. I am going to give them a day or two and then bump it again if needed.

There is a slight bit of cupping which I am contributing to the lights, temp and feed as well. I have lowered the dimmer on the lights and increased the exhaust fan to lower the temps.

SG

I agree Bill. Thank you for confirming what I am seeing. They were being fed at around 600 ppm. I am wanting to feed as light as possible but I think this new light is driving them harder then my previous lights. I am going to give them a day or two and then bump it again if needed.

There is a slight bit of cupping which I am contributing to the lights, temp and feed as well. I have lowered the dimmer on the lights and increased the exhaust fan to lower the temps.

SG
Pull the driver off that light and put it outside the tent.
Should help with the heat.
I'm the opposite of your in growing style.
I feed full strength Nutrients probably too often.
Don't do much plain water in soil.
None in coco.
And I had the MedicGrow on 100% 24/7 within a couple days of turning it on.
If I had 2 they would both be on high. :rofl:
I raced my motorcycle the same way.
Wide open full throttle all the time.
Thankfully I only get burnt leaves now instead of all these broken bones.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thought it was a good day to unbox the new @Mars Hydro Led FC-E4800! The tent is going to get an upgrade pretty soon and wanted to say thank you again for this opportunity to grow with this light!

FBABF862-9E09-4B68-9C96-92A9E89A9582.jpeg

The packaging got the puppers approval! Upon opening the box I unpacked all the bars, driver, and miscellaneous stuff and was done putting it together (some assembly required) in short order.

495E7210-7B79-4FDF-8998-589F013A1640.jpeg
82652188-6F22-4ABF-B486-31385DCC07A0.jpeg

4229F6A3-E039-47C4-8D3A-23A29412BA90.jpeg

C9F12E00-38DA-41B6-9E7D-6B65D3170724.jpeg

Thought it was a good day to unbox the new @Mars Hydro Led FC-E4800! The tent is going to get an upgrade pretty soon and wanted to say thank you again for this opportunity to grow with this light!

FBABF862-9E09-4B68-9C96-92A9E89A9582.jpeg

The packaging got the puppers approval! Upon opening the box I unpacked all the bars, driver, and miscellaneous stuff and was done putting it together (some assembly required) in short order.

495E7210-7B79-4FDF-8998-589F013A1640.jpeg
82652188-6F22-4ABF-B486-31385DCC07A0.jpeg

4229F6A3-E039-47C4-8D3A-23A29412BA90.jpeg

C9F12E00-38DA-41B6-9E7D-6B65D3170724.jpeg
Great looking light Amigo congrats
The plants got topped for the first time today. I cleaned them up differently. The one on the left I removed most of the lower leaves as well as the growth nodes. The one on the right I left the leaves and only removed the growth tips.

EF1C2A2D-E54C-43DD-95A7-483F85A7E856.jpeg

C42D7A32-B30A-4D4B-BD8F-B7643826EDC8.jpeg
Girls look hungry, is that just the new light washing the color out in the pic?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey Bill, thanks for stopping I. On a regular. The sub irrigation is running around 700ppm and rising. I did an add back to the main irrigation this week at around 850ppm. They are a bit light in color but this is my first run with this strain. I will probably be around 1200ppm or more when they flip to flower in a few weeks.

Peace…..SG

Hey Bill, thanks for stopping I. On a regular. The sub irrigation is running around 700ppm and rising. I did an add back to the main irrigation this week at around 850ppm. They are a bit light in color but this is my first run with this strain. I will probably be around 1200ppm or more when they flip to flower in a few weeks.

Peace…..SG
Usually takes me a run on a new strain to dial it in.
It's surprising how different strain feed and grow.
Keep up the good work Amigo. :thumb:
I love your setup.

Stay safe

Just a quick update tonight. The girls are chugging along and back in a groove after being topped. I have kept the third and fourth nodes intact on both plants.

The girl on the right is the one I defoliated the lower branches. It is a little easier to see her structure.

image.jpg

The Betty on the right was left with here under leaves after being topped. With all of the extra foliage it is a little harder to see her limbs.

image.jpg

I am open for suggestions or thoughts about which method you have used and why.

Peace……SG

Just a quick update tonight. The girls are chugging along and back in a groove after being topped. I have kept the third and fourth nodes intact on both plants.

The girl on the right is the one I defoliated the lower branches. It is a little easier to see her structure.

image.jpg

The Betty on the right was left with here under leaves after being topped. With all of the extra foliage it is a little harder to see her limbs.

image.jpg

I am open for suggestions or thoughts about which method you have used and why.

Peace……SG
The only training I'm doing now is lst.
Because of my time limits.
Looks like you are doing great though.
Nice work.
Hope your having a good day. :ciao:

Stay safe

Sometimes thing go well and sometimes I am given opportunities to learn from mistakes made. They say that a smart man learns from his mistakes but a wise man learns from the smart man. By sharing this mistake, maybe someone wiser than me will avoid it in the future.

A few days ago, I decided to start spreading out the limbs on both plants. I then decided to begin their training to even the canopy. I switched from using LST clips to electrical wire used for ties. When I checked on them the next day on of the plant’s limbs that were bound should major signs of stress in’s the leaves were wilting. I suspect that I damaged the internal flow on these limbs.

I have removed the binds and left the limbs intact for now to see if they will revive themselves. Time will tell.

The one positive thought is that because this started as a quadline adventure, this plant still has the third node intact and growing well if I need to switch it up to a standard manifold I can.

Picture of the wilting branch.
image.jpg

Picture of the two tops from the third node.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom