Sobergrower 2022 Bruce Banner Midway

Hey @Krissi1982 glad to see back in the swing, upright, and taking air! I was checking out your grow earlier today and might have to try an auto flower some day. I actually was thinking about breaking out an old 2x4’ tent and doing a seed run with autos. I have heard their THC is usually lower but watching other people do it peeks my interest.

I also am thinking about doing a CBG strain. Oh the mind races about what to do, what needs to be done, who the hell is going to help with all of this trimming that is in the near future?

Hey fellow growers things are continuing to hum along in the tent. We are at the end of week 8 and I think these girls still have a few weeks to go. Even with the new carbon filter it is really starting to smell. these ladies are wearing there (I am going out on the town) perfume! And boy do the have sticky fingers.

Tim, I will have to translate the smoke report from my wife and son and family and friends as I do not partake. I know it is crazy but I just enjoy the growing part and providing for others.

I received some kelp powder and fluvic juice and am contemplating adding this to the bulk reservoir and taking about 8 gallons from the sub irrigation. Is it to late in the cycle or even worth adding these bennies?

Temps are running right around 78 with humidity at 45%.

Photos to follow. For some reason they are not loading.
Hey @Sobergrower :ciao: good morning.
Hope you are well my friend.
I won't be able to smoke much longer.
But that's fine I take rso and cbd for my health.
Do you use anything?
Or are you strictly Jack growing a bean stalk and splitting? :rofl:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey @Sobergrower :ciao: good morning.
Hope you are well my friend.
I won't be able to smoke much longer.
But that's fine I take rso and cbd for my health.
Do you use anything?
Or are you strictly Jack growing a bean stalk and splitting? :rofl:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey Bill,

I am and have been completely sober for 37+ years my friend. Got sober when I was 16. It is a way of life for me now.

It is not the end of the world and I have found enjoyment in being sober throughout my life.

Gratefully.
SG

Hey @Krissi1982 glad to see back in the swing, upright, and taking air!
It was a struggle brother, believe me!
I was checking out your grow earlier today and might have to try an auto flower some day. I actually was thinking about breaking out an old 2x4’ tent and doing a seed run with autos. I have heard their THC is usually lower but watching other people do it peeks my interest.
THC levels of my autos run from 15-20%. I believe when I drought them, this number increases however. My photos are usually 18-25% so I can see why you would think that. You can search for high THC auto strains, specifically though, there are plenty of options. I love my autos they are a whole other bag of pretty tricks
I also am thinking about doing a CBG strain. Oh the mind races about what to do, what needs to be done, who the hell is going to help with all of this trimming that is in the
I did a Grapefruit Auto she was 10% THC and 7% CBD. An extremely good strain for my arthritis and when I was sick with Covid.

You are going to do all this of course, start lining up those tents! Nah, I'm kidding. Don't ever overwhelm yourself then the grows aren't as much fun and they and you don't get the proper care you both need.

In due time, just pick out what you want to do and prioritize!

Congratulations on your recovery Sober, very inspirational stuff. Such a difference for people who get to earlier rather than later but it`s always a huge benefit at any age just keeping you above ground to indulge one`s curiosities is everything.
The green is a little on the dark side. I think that is because of the nitrogen in the CALNIT (15-0-0). Most people using this system run the same ratio from start to finish and others drop the calnit for the last few weeks.
Not sure how up you are for introducing organic elements into the system, or whether you`re aware of this, however, I recently made an interesting calcium phosphate concentrate from finely broken up eggshells browned on the stove and then mixed 20-1 with vinegar. After the reactions done in a couple of days (though leave it longer for more oomph), you`ve got at the least a powerful foliar spray of calc with no nitrogen and added P, and at best a nute solution addition and foliar spray. Google Chris Trump calcium eggshell, has good youtube DIY vid for this and many others.
too did not like using drain to waste methods. This grow style or system is actually not a drain to waste.
Thank you I did know that, wasn`t very clear though. I`d like to calculate the fert levels going down the drain for each system but don't know where to start bc I have no coco canna DTW exp.
I also am thinking about doing a CBG strain.
Do it. Do it. Do it! Do it! Do it!!
I actually was thinking about breaking out an old 2x4’ tent and doing a seed run with autos.
See above. :cool:

Take care Sober-man, and way to grow for others, BTW, very inspirational. Top lad.

Got back from a fishing trip and the girls are in the sweet spot! I have unplugged the lights and am preparing for the chop and hang. I snagged a lower popcorn bud this morning to get some photos of the trichs.

image.jpg

Here are a few close ups of the trichs.

3849F02F-0637-4107-8359-04777EC2F402.jpeg
94BC4923-80AB-4EEB-A4F8-BBFF862FD5B5.jpeg

Lights off for 24 and then on the the chop and hang!

SG

I vote CBG... completely for my own benefit! Awfully curious about CBG generally. How to maximize for it, etc. Nice looking Banner mom, up-pot her, some judicious trimming, and bet she`ll look even better after a CBG run! You can remove the bottom 20-25% of the root ball when you transplant to put a thumb on the scales and slow her down a bit, I personally believe this also leads to more branching and clone potential but this is a personal view dev`d 20 years ago when I was growing outdoors for volume during the dark times and was keeping moms, and is not, to my understanding, a scientifically proven technique. Plus my cultivar was very custom and unique that we dev`d for high altitude. I do hope to make some experiments on the topic over the next two years or so and find whether those impressions hold true generally speaking.

Trichs look to be portraits of perfection itself. I imagine the big colas are a little farther along, but these look great. Did you have much luck backbuilding...

Hey RD, I was not impressed with backbuilding on this run. I think this is my fault though and will try it again. I don’t think I cut enough of the top off the cola. However the buds below look nice, I am not sure I see much difference between them and the other buds.

I am chopping these down today and will take a few pictures of those buds as we go.

Well the plants are now hanging by their necks. Tucked away in the tent. I struggled with some things in this grow that caused issues with the development of foxtails in flower. While this could be a bit genetic, as all of these girls displayed it and they were all from the same mother, here are a few things I am looking at.

Poor distribution and airflow. I did a slight defoliation just prior to flipping and I think I should have done more. During the third week of flower I tried to defoliate again but was unable to reach the back plants.

Low RH during the first half of flower. If memory serves me right I was below 60% most of the time. And then towards the end of flower I was around 50%.

Poor pruning of the undergrowth. There was a lot of undergrowth that never got the light love it needed. This took energy away from the upper portion of the plant. I always root for the little guy and feel bad cutting them off. I then regret it when trimming!

Lessons learned.

Here are some pictures of the cutting and hanging.

5B47E08F-0361-446E-9C58-815770F1C7EF.jpeg
B0440B6E-FC63-44CB-8373-D4C1FD5BADFE.jpeg
BCEE297B-30BC-4CE6-9A14-AB7D37EBBBC2.jpeg
3C8E7B47-7F63-4D31-9FAD-07F9F95E8E46.jpeg
DB6033CF-255F-45A9-B9EB-65D43F83787D.jpeg
DC1DE933-FC11-4FA6-AE07-1D18ADA81547.jpeg
C9184611-0FAE-4426-BFBE-23E0311756C2.jpeg

I watched a video from Build a Soil about slow drying which I am implementing now. The idea is to keep the humidity at 60% and temp at 60 and then let the girls hang for 10 to 14 days. I have always dried to quick and ended up with a loss of terpenoids and flavor. After the drying it’s straight to jars and no burping needed.

I have an FC3000 in route and have decided to start a new journal with this light. I am drowning three gorilla glue seeds for the next grow and will pick the best two to send to flower and keep one for a mother.

Peace……SG

Today is day 5 since the girls were hung back in the tent.

The typical wet hay smell is now gone and I am happy with this drying method so far.

I am using an inkbird IHC-200 humidity controller Tom regulate the humidity in the tent. It is usually pretty dry where I live. Somewhere in to 20-30% range. I have had several great grows that ended with just ok bud in the jar. Usually from a quick dry and missing the window to get them into jars for curing.

image.jpg

I set the controller to 59% and have it connected to a humidifier in the tent.

I am starting to check stems for the snap but believe it will be another 5 days minimum.

Peace…..SG

I've done a fairly heavy defolition pre flip the last two grows, of course I wish I did more once I harvested. There's a good video from Kyle Kushman called Kushman Chiropractic on YouTube and I followed his defoliation....but did do the Chiropractic part

I've done a fairly heavy defolition pre flip the last two grows, of course I wish I did more once I harvested. There's a good video from Kyle Kushman called Kushman Chiropractic on YouTube and I followed his defoliation....but did do the Chiropractic part

Hey Tim, yeah I always plan to do a heavy defoliation prior to flip and then the second one after stretch. I get timid and don’t ever do enough. I am hoping to change that with my next grow which is already underway. These will be gorilla glue from seed and I want to quadline them as well.

Peace…..SG

Hey Tim, yeah I always plan to do a heavy defoliation prior to flip and then the second one after stretch. I get timid and don’t ever do enough. I am hoping to change that with my next grow which is already underway. These will be gorilla glue from seed and I want to quadline them as well.

Peace…..SG
I hear ya on being timid with defoliation, especially the one after flip.....I struggle with that too ha. I'm going to quadline a plant on the next grow too, I've seen a few here who have great success and dense nugs from doing so

Well, the girls have been hanging in the tent for 10 days and are ready to get their final trim and into jars. I thought I would take a picture of the tub that a few of them are in and get on with the getting on!

I am going to do this in manageable bights over the weekend. The tent needs to get ready for its new inhabitants.

image.jpg

Peace…….SG

Two full days of trimming. All total it was just over 13 ounces going into jars and an unknown amount of larf. I hate dealing with larf and always tell myself “remember to get rid of the shittt in the bottom and open the plant up next time”

I am overall happy with the grow. My wife and son smoke some the other night. The gave me the giggled approval so for me that is success. They indicated that it was smooth on the throat, had a good taste, and the buzz was relaxing. That is all I need to have it be successful.

Peace fellow growers and on to the next chapter for me. I have three gorilla glue seedlings getting ready to move into the tent!

Peace…….SG

Back
Top Bottom